Points suggestion for Season 10

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by creeper7777777, May 27, 2020.

1. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hi everyone,
    With season 10 of skyblock hopefully coming soon, there will be a lot of changes. One of the server owners posted about some of the changes that are being done, but he mentioned that points, "did not work out as well as [they had] planned." It's extremely likely that we will see a change to the points and/or tokens system next season.

My suggestion is that, instead of being required to farm to be able to place spawners and hoppers (like you have to with points), farming should instead be optional, but if the island does it, they will be rewarded. What I mean by this is, if the island farms, then the price of spawners for them is decreased. A similar system can be used for hoppers. If farming would give an advantage to an island, they will likely do it.

An issue to address with points is, the fact that they give large team islands a huge advantage. Islands with teams of at least 6-7 people can easily have someone always farming, and they get far more points than a solo island, or a small team island, who can only have one or two people farming at a time. Because of this, if they implement the system suggested above, or a modified point system, they should make it harder for team islands to obtain points, based on the amount of members in the team, and solo islands should have it easier. If farming decreases the price of spawners, then team islands should be required to do more farming than solo islands, to get the same discount, since team islands have more people to work for them.

I'd also like to mention that, it shouldn't be a huge discount on spawners. The minimum price that someone can get a spawner for after farming should still be sustainable for the economy, and the price of spawners without doing any farming should not be ridiculously high. Farming should be an advantage, and not the only way to get spawners. This is only a suggestion, but if it is a good idea, hopefully it will be implemented next season. Let me know what you think!

#1 creeper7777777, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    bbb likes this.
  2. UrBorinq

UrBorinq
    Hey, creeper-
    I feel like farming for spawners is a good idea because it added a little change as well people cant just get spawners right away they have to work for it. Now with the idea that the island should have it optional, I feel like what you said they can make someone just do it so I feel like that they have to have the requirement in order to use the spawner which makes it harder on both the island team and them that are playing, I don't think that farming levels should be easier for solo islands because they can always just have someone leave work solo and then give the bigger island aka there original team the stuff fast if you know what I mean. I also feel like there should not be away for them to get spawners without farming and the only way to get spawners is if your go the work and get the money and skill level (points) for the spawner. Spawner pieces should increase depending on the spawners usually but so should the points because it's not just making someone so op in the first like week its making it hard for someone to get to the top as well as the economy will be more stable.
    thanks-
    UrBroinq

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.