Please Make This Server More Colourblind Friendly!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PrimeExamples, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimeExamples

I know i'm in a wild minority here but I am one those that are colorblind! This isn't always a problem although it really has wasted me a lot of time in specifically when playing TSW and CW. I can't usually play in Red or Green teams because I keep attacking my own team! This can be a problem because I team kill or blow up my teams defenses.

A solution to this- Similarly to Hypixel- would be to add [RED] or [BLUE] to the nametags where you can choose teams

I'd love to see something introduced to help with this,

Thanks

Shoragov, Inj3ction and Smashhhh like this.
  2. beast_ryan

What do you think would help out the community?
    like what steps could the staff take to make it easier for colourblind people?

#2 beast_ryan, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    heyo! i can kinda see where you’re coming from... i think this would be a p neat feature if this was added into mcc. however, i’m not quite sure how/where this could be set up or whatever.
    Also, i might be completely wrong about this, but i think there might be mods that change ingame text color. for example, the color code “&c” is replaced for the color code “&2” or “&a”. basically what that does is change the color red (for normal color) into green... if that makes sense
    overall, i don’t really see this being implemented, but nice idea // +0
    hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask

have a nice day
    ~puposaurus ^_−☆

edit: i was re reading this, and realised i made some typos. sh (:

#3 puposaurus, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  4. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    Hey!
    This is an interesting idea.
    However, it won't be added. Colorblind people usually lose blue/green discrimination.
    But, they could still distinguish the teams, because one would look different.
    They won't take the time to code this in.
    +1
    -Inj3ction​

5. PrimeExamples

I don't think you could be more wrong here... the most common type of colour blindness is Red/ green. There are many different types of colourblindnesses go through so by saying it won't be added on false assumptions is a bit ignorant, however I see where you are coming from. This is a fix that would add the words next to the name to counter all of the types.

It really takes having colour blindness to know what it's like

Thanks

6. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    I made the mistake, I meant to say red/green. I'm not generalizing colorblindness, simply stating any meaningful effect on gameplay is so rare that the server isn't going to use it's limited coding resources (Alex and Vislo) on changing the labels. There is colorblindness mods/texturepacks that people can install to change the game colors, and the computer colors can he changed themselves to help the person distinguish the colors and interpret correctly.

7. PrimeExamples

How about for the people who can't do this? This is about looking out for the little guy, one small step at a time. Really this doesn't see like much hassle at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.