Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Players & Mini-games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ehee, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehee

I've played this server for a long time now, and has always been one of my favorites. Right now it is in a gray place, it's neither thriving or utterly failing but I think we can all see which way the scales are tipping. It's mainly due to the lack of updates, which is completely understandable due to the difficulty of updating. But my problem personally is with the misleading claims in mini-games. I, for a fact (and you can test this yourself if you do not believe me) know that CTF never goes below 50 players currently playing. Which is not true at all. So, a CTF game is 15 minutes long at most, now if you go on at odd hours and let's say there is 51 people currently playing. You can sit in that lobby for 30 minutes straight without starting a game. That's because that 51, only 1 person is actually there. That is very misleading and can hurt future investments (purchases of keys, ranks, etc.) which will only make your server fall further. People will notice this, it's only a matter of time. It also happens in other mini-games like, Champion Builder.

2. fajoszz

fajoszz
    This is happening because the players are tired of how the minigames are at the moment. During the AU/EU timezones the number of players decreases a lot. Hopefully that will change with the revamp.

RyanFalido likes this.
  3. W5vil

W5vil
    Most people know that there is a baseline of players for every minigame. I personally think it is to entice new players to play. For example, would you rather join a server that has 800 current players, or one with 100 current players? It is just to keep the players playing games to make the server more fun for all. I don't know if this is 100% true, this is just my opinion of why I think this is happening.
    Have a great day!
    -W5vil

4. lcco

Leelep
    Honestly it is annoying but ive seen threw it!!!, basically Survival Games has 100 "players" well "fake players" and so if it says 159 that means there is 59 players so yeah it can annoy new players, sometimes they can just stay there because they think oh 700 players are playing Skywars but in reality it aint true, so they just waste there time >.< this has been an issue for awhile im pretty sure, kinda annoying no one has done anything against it. so I reckon they should fix this issue, because my friend saw that there was 700+ players in skywars and was like "OMG LETS DO SKYWARS ITS PACKED" and im like, "no, its just that 700 of those players are fake" honestly people would just wait and wait thinking the game is taking long, you see all the numbers but no outcome, REALLY REALLY ANNOYING YES!

5. MasterChheda

MasterChheda
    Minigame revamp should be coming this year. A new anti-cheat will be released along with the revamp, and there will be new maps and suggestions implemented.

Like Wevil said, the reason minigames has spoofed player count is to encourage players to join since they think games are going on. It's meant as a strategy to get players to join the games, and although it is definitely misleading, it is effective at times. It's difficult to make the claim of this hurting future investments and making the server fall since you can't accurately prove this, so this is more of an opinion. Lots of people are aware of the spoof already.

As I mentioned above, it is neither a bug nor an average; it's an intentional spoofed base player count. The number displayed is spoof + playing.

6. JakeOnPc

GamingsFinest
    What's poppin

Personally, It really frustrates me that the owners choose to lie to new players, it's not really right not to mention it goes against the terms of service's of most of the voting websites mc central is on. I understand that its supposed to bring new players to the server but there are more correct and fairer ways to do this.

I've talked about the player spoof a lot before. I would prefer them just to hide the number of players over misleading its community.

Hopefully, with this revamp that is rumored to be in the works for minigames we will see the spoofed players removed.

iluvu likes this.
  7. DaQuack_

DaQuack_
    Yes, I have also had trouble finding games in CTF. It may just be because CTF isn't very popular, players like to play other games and some like to play the same over and over. I don't think it's true that it doesn't go below 50. Every minigame (besides cakewars) always have players.

But I do agree that spoofed players should be removed.

Abar likes this.
  8. Abar

Abar
    I think that most players realize this is a thing but it doesn't really seem to be a major problem to me. If you play enough then you should know how long it'll take you to get into a game and you're kinda just gonna have to be ok with it. Looking at skywars especially though, it is clear that there are by no means 700+ players on it at a time. To me though, it isn't an issue that drags down the play-ability of the server as a whole and doesn't take away from the fun I continue to have on MCC. Thanks so much for reading and have a great night.

9. ItsDavld

DanTheACGuy
    During the late night hours and when most people are asleep is when the player count reduces dramatically. It falls severely and that's normal. All servers gets a drop in their player count at these times.

The fact that people say that the server is going to "die" or "lose more players" is totally inaccurate. MCC has a player base of honorable and reoccurring users. With this, MCC will not die. People have been discussing this for YEARS and it has never happened. People said a year ago that MCC would die and be discontinued. But currently MCC is in a pretty good spot. We may not be flourishing, but we are keeping afloat.

The reason why it is hard to find players during the night is because lots are asleep or playing subservers. I guarantee you that if there was a minigame Revamp or more minigames included with a Well done AntiCheat, more Subserver players and new players would join and stay playing more minigames. Recently, subservers has been the biggest focus for the owners as it pulls in the biggest revenue. When a reset takes place, people flood the store to buy keys, etc. Especially when there is a sale as well. Anyway, it is a win-win for both players and Owners.

The chance of the Owners discontinuing the Spoof players is very unlikely even after the minigame Revamp. It just won't happen. This does give an advantage to the Owners, so why would they not have it. It may not be fair for us but you get used to it and just play the games that have players in it.

-ItsDavld

10. Vunrable

Vunrable
    Yes I agree updates need to happen and the server could possibly do with an advertisement budget increase for a bit such as try and entice some larger scale youtubers to play. I think a big push in more staff just before a push in advertisement could work wonders for the server as we will gain many players, yet the staff will be able to keep a moderately good eye out for hackers or malicious players.
    Just my opinion :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.