Player Reports on Discord (From support channel to bot)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Lexxonist, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    Many hackers keep an eye on the support channel to see if they have been reported, and if they have, they log, meaning that staff cannot catch them. On multiple occasions, they have been seen online for several days after their initial report. Sure there are player reports on the forums but many people such as myself choose to report on the Discord instead as it is not only faster but allows for a more professional judgement when a hacker may not be blatantly obvious (such as flight).

A solution to this problem is adding a feature to the MCC Discord bot which allows player reports to be confidential through a command such as "!report <name>" which would make it more difficult for hackers to keep an eye on as the command will only be visible for half a second before it is picked up by the bot.

Better solution: get an anticheat

Edit: This isn't saying to get rid of the general support channel.

olo_YT likes this.
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hello! i can see where you're coming from for making this post, as i know someone who has hacked on mcc many many times and he has #support open to see if hes caught, then he logs off once he sees his ign.. but not every hacker is like this, i think only a fraction outa all of them really do this or are consistent w/ it. most hackers looking for a one and done deal kinda thing.. i have an example, but i dont think i should, uh, share it on mcc forums, or even online, cause its not really pc.. :flyshed:
    anyways.. i think in scheme of things, this idea sounds good, but then it also would somewhat of a hassle since its another channel staff have to look at when it's prolly easy for everything to just be in one channel. and then not every player would know of such update, since some only come on for fun times and then they drop an ign or 2, like, every month or smth... i don't think it'd really help or benefit all of mcc.. like-

if a hacker sees their name and leaves, they're gone and prolly wont come back til next day or ever.. and although they didn't get banned, they at least left to make skywars or whatever gamemode more fun and fair for everyone.
    when you look in support, most staff are good at being able to get all the hackers, and it's really only few who get away and slip through their fingers.

reporting on discord doesnt really change judgement necessarily, it's just that a report is usually a video where people vote on it (if it's tricky), and discord becomes something for a witness where one staff can decide or (if it's something like ka) record and that also becomes a vote..
    although reporting on discord is faster for gameplay, reporting on forums ensures the player gets punished if you're so obsessed w/ that.. if a hacker leaves, then you dont have to worry about them and the game becomes a lil more fair until/if htey were to come back

mcc has an anticheat. periodt.

[​IMG]

Zonafer likes this.
  3. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

I like the idea but as said above, the majority of hackers reported in #support are fly hackers in SG or SW and those are public alts that do not care if they get banned. (They probably aren't even in the MCC Discord). In general, the forum reports help cover all the hackers who logged out. (When doing reports I do ban a good amount of hackers who logged but those are public compromised accounts so the chances of them being re-used are possible but low)

If you want to notify a staff member of a hacker in private, you can PM a Moderator either on Discord or In-Game.
    A better option is to attempt to get evidence and make a forum report

httpmeme likes this.
  4. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    Thanks but I already know all of this information, there's a reason that the support channel is used to report: it's faster. I personally utilise it over the forum reports due to this and report several hackers per day.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.