Ping Issue.

Discussion in 'Support Forums' started by Ankh, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankh

Ankh
    So recently I've been noticing that MCC is starting to become increasingly laggy for me. I would usually get around 80-110ms despite the server being located in another country, but now I always seem to get 150+ ms, with VERY frequent lag spikes.

Was something changed on the server end that would have caused this? Cause I've been using the same internet ever since way before it started lagging, there should really be no reason this is happening on my end. Also no, it's not other people using internet, it happens even when I'm the only person connected to the router. Also I know it's a problem with the server, because I still get 80ms or less on hypixel or other servers.

Would be appreciated if someone could clear this up, thanks.

2. TrippedUp

TrippedUp
    Heyo!
    I'm actually not sure. This was happening to me about a month ago, and one day when I logged on, I was fine and have been fine ever since. Just like you, I was using the same internet the whole way through. So I don't really have an answer for this, I was just trying to show you that you aren't the only one who went through this problem.

3. Ankh

Ankh
    I understand other people have the same problem, but I'm not looking for empathy I'm looking for a solution. If you don't have anything useful to add to the conversation, then please don't add to the conversation.

4. Visit

Visit
    Possibly a host switch, meaning Alex would have to look in to this directly with the host provider.

Until then, nothing can really be done.

5. Ankh

Ankh
    Yeah, was thinking it might be something like that. I was hoping I could get a direct response from the team, or @AlexMarkey himself. I've tried everything on my end and nothing changes it. And strangely enough, it's back to 114 ms now... Seems to only occur in the evening?

6. Visit

Visit
    Most likely because there are more players online, and the host can’t handle it. That’s how I would see it anyway.

7. Ankh

Ankh
    I've done a bit more looking into it, and it appears that it happens (and only in the evening) because there's more people online using the internet. Since I'm using ethernet (cable), apparently my internet is shared with my neighbors. Guess that explains it.

- Requesting lock

8. AlexMarkey

We have not changed anything on our end network related in months.
    The server has been hosted in the same datacenter for the past 5 years.
    All of our DNS goes directly through cloudflare to this datacenter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.