Pickup Filter

Discussion in 'KitPvP General Discussion' started by Simplistiq, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

I feel like a good command that can be added is /pickup filter and it pops up with a menu and you can customize what you only want to pickup. For example: you can do /pickup filter golden apples. So you pick up golden apples, or /pickupfilter protection 4. I feel like this would be great, so you can filter only the items you want to be picked up. I dont know if this was ever added in here. It would make it a lot easier for players to sort through loot because a bunch of players kill players with a bunch of junk loot. So, this command would help with that. Hope to see this added soon!

Thanks,

Departition_, forgranted and Devon like this.
  2. Devon

sadsy
    I agree with this. This can also help in many gamemodes that aren't PvP based. Lets say you want to go mining on Survival or Prison, and your target item is diamonds. You can use this command to either pick up only the diamond blocks (prison) or the diamond itself (survival), which is pretty helpful in my eyes. From my experience as a survival player the god tier pickaxe aka mythical pickaxe is annoying to use because of how much cobble i get when I mine. I would also like to add that this function only to be added on the subservers and not on minigames. Overall I like this idea very much! +1

3. Most people just filter junk with items, though it would be a bit confusing to some people who have a filter on, and forgets about it. Would be pretty funny seeing a guy confused why he cannot pick up golden apples (when he forgot to toggle it lol,)

Also, this is kitpvp, most items do come. handy, weather its a gear, or something else. But. I think it would pretty to OP, ignoring all enchantments to get good gear, most people would quickly stop and look around their inventory if they got good gear or not, and at this point, it would feel like "better inventory hack" or "auto armor", you would always get a good armor (ignoring the rest in the pile)

Some experience in map-making: To detect specific item special tags plays a role, in which returns T or F, since 1.8.9 is a pretty outdated version, I am not sure how hard would it be for MCC to implement this new feature. Newer versions like 1.15+ are pretty good! Since they offer a lot of stuff to developers.

I would go with a :drum_roll_emoji_thats_not_gonna_work:

+0.5

~Cya!

4. Condescendence

Condescendence
    I feel like this would cause unneeded chaos. As Regent said, it sounds similar to the better inventory hack so if someone got a stacked p5 kill for example, it would be next to impossible to retrieve the loot if you don't have space because of health potions. To elaborate, the filter would make it much easier for loot stealers or cheaters to take undeserved loot by hitting off the victor of the fight. I definitely could have worded this more efficiently but basically, the filter is highly unnecessary in kitpvp as it stands and would only cause more trouble than good.

forgranted and Simplistiq like this.
  5. forgranted

inhabited
    Loot would still be protected for 30 seconds after the kill. You would have plenty of time to get the loot and if it was filtered but you had full inventory, the second you tossed something out, you would pick up the filtered item first.

Devon likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.