Personal / Gang / Island Boosters Prison & Skyblock

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Acid_Hunter, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Hey!

So I was thinking, there are of course boosters on prison & skyblock for the whole server. What about adding personal boosters or boosters for your whole gang/island? This would of course be cheaper & probably more interesting for players that don't have that much money or not much money that they are allowed to spend on Minecraft.

Note: All boosters will still last the same time as they do now

Possible prices Personal boosters

Prison:

1. Market booster: 2.50$
    2. Double tokens 2.50$
    3. Pickaxe XP: 1.25$
    4. Charity time & Enchanted PvP - (not purchasable as a personal booster)
    Skyblock
    1. Tokens & Points: 2.50$
    2. Crop Multiplier: 2.50$
    3. Mob drop rate: 1.25$
    4. Charity time - (not purchasable as a personal booster)
    Possible prices Gang / Island boosters

Prison:
    1. Market booster: 5$
    2. Double tokens: 5$
    3. Pickaxe XP: 2.50$
    4. Charity time: 2.50$
    5. Enchanted PvP: 2.50$

Skyblock:
    1. Tokens & Points: 5$
    2. Crop Multiplier: 5$
    3. Mob drop rate: 2.50$
    4. Charity time: 2.50$

Please leave a comment down below about what you think about this idea. any questions? feel free to ask them!

#1 Acid_Hunter, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    guih, SplatBerry, micunmuted and 2 others like this.
  2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! While this is an interesting idea, I feel that it defeats the purpose of boosters. Boosters are called that because they benefit everyone. If boosters benefitted a single island or gang, that would be the only thing that people buy because games are competitive, so it is unlikely they would care about the rest of the server. Players usually buy the boosters either for the /tip they get or for their own island's benefit, but if it's cheaper to get the full booster (but no /tip if it's a private booster), then they get the same benefit but for less money, and more advantage because the rest of the server doesn't get it. This would also be seen as pay to win, because they get a large advantage by paying money, and they leave the small islands/gangs behind. Because of this, I am personally -1.

BlockyBeach, Swaggle and SplatBerry like this.
  3. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    I get what you mean, the thing is that the server is already kinda pay to win since you can buy a rank & keys.. But yeah it does change the way boosters work, but still for the people that want tips & money from people for buying boosters (on prison people often are down to pay for a market booster) will still buy the market booster. And in my opinion, the personal boosters are pretty cheap compared to what they are now. Something to counter with this is just by decreasing the booster prices since in my opinion 10$ for a 30min market booster where you get 10k tips is pretty low compared to the 5$ boosters that also give you 10 per /tip.

4. Swaggle

Swaggle
    Hello! I have to say I agree with creeper7777777 above. It is an interesting and potentially exciting concept, but like he mentioned sub-servers are very competitive and it would defeat the purpose of helping the entire server out when boosting, as I could see plenty of players simply purchasing this only for their small group of friends/gang which would make the server have an even more pay to win concept happening. I like the idea of coming up with more booster type ideas but I don't think this would do super well. I appreciate all the thought that went into this though coming up with $$$ and how the whole thing would work, but it just doesn't seem like it would work right now. Thank you for making this thread and putting your ideas out here! ⋅ʚɞ⋅

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.