Pay-To-Win Problem

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by KnazamnMC, Mar 13, 2021.

1. KnazamnMC

NOTE: This thread is not intended to hate on MCC. I think it is a good server, this is just a problem I see with it. I also may come off a bit rude, but I have no intentions to be mean in this thread. One more thing, I am mainly using KitPvP as an example, but there are other games that have this system. Not every game do, but there are games that have this. There is a shorter version of this at the bottom if you don't have time reading this. Thanks.

So, personally there is a big problem within MCC. It is the pay-to-win system. If you don't know what I mean, let me explain. If you have played certain games, like KitPvP, you will see what I mean. With the better rank you have, the better kit you have, and what you have can be game-changing. Like, take two players in KitPvP. One has no rank, the other has Immortal. Both of them have their respective kits. Who is more likely to win? Well, take it that in KitPvP, Kit Rookie has golden armor, diamond axe, bow, 64 arrows, and a splash potion of healing, while on the other hand, Kit Immortal has full diamond armor with Protection III and Fire Protection II, a diamond sword with Sharpness IV, Unbreaking I and Fire Aspect II, a bow with Power IV, Flame I, Unbreaking III, and Infinity I, 1 arrow, 5 golden apples, 1 enchanted golden apple, 3 Splash Potion of Healing, 2 Splash Potion of Swiftness, and 3 Splash Potion of Strength, the person with Immortal is more likely to win. See the problem? Having a higher rank gives you a big advantage, and can make the game unplayable for people with lower ranks and people with no ranks. Of course though, that has people buy ranks to relieve the problem. They buy a rank, play the game, and keep winning. This makes someone else want to buy a rank to gain an advantage, buys it, plays the game, you get the idea. See? It's an endless cycle.

Except, this process isn't good either. Yes, this wants people to buy a rank, so more money for the management of MCC. But, on the flipside, this also gives a bad image for MCC. To some, this displays them as money hungry. Others, they can't afford to buy ranks, so they either go to another game within MCC that doesn't have pay-to-win, or leave MCC, never making a return, or waiting until MCC changes this. This creates a bad reputation for the server as a whole, having players not want to join the server, just for one day of playing having to buy a rank so they can actually play games like KitPvP without being annihilated immediately. This could also be why some games have low player counts. So really, it does more harm than good.

So, what am I suggesting? I am suggesting simply having the kits in the games that are pay-to-win be nerfed significantly, and having little things that make you want to still buy ranks. Now, this can be argued saying that there still is a pay-to-win factor with what I am suggesting, but in a way, not. If it is very minor things that don't affect gameplay as much, sure, sales for ranks may go down a little, but that could bring in some players, because then the game is actually playable. So really, if the sales drop a little bit on ranks, but new and old players come in, it's sort of taking a risk, but gaining stuff in returned. Now, am I in no means saying that this will guarantee have players come back or new players joining, but it can work. This can also possibly revive games like KitPvP where there are currently pay-to-win systems. So really, this can work out in everyone's favor.

To conclude, this can very well work out. Taking away the the pay-to-win system and implementing something new can help the server grow. This can revive games like KitPvP. This also can make it where when people join games with a pay-to-win system, they leave if they can't buy a rank, but if there isn't a pay-to-win system, then players can stay and enjoy the game. This really can all work out if done right. Thanks for reading!

Tl;dr: There is a pay-to-win system in some games, like in KitPvP with their kits giving big advantages the higher the rank. This can deter players from playing those games, and have them possibly leave forever. There can be good sales, but this can also lead to players thinking that MCC is money-hungry, hurting their reputation. This also hurts the player base of certain games with this system. I am suggesting to remove the pay-to-win system, still having kits, but give small advantages, so the kits would be nerfed significantly. This can really help MCC, for the better. A little less rank sales is one thing, but you will also be gaining players, which can have more ranks be bought. No guarantee though. But this can all really work out.

luvbri likes this.
  2. micunmuted

PLARPS
    pls buff rookie kit!!!!!11111!

3. GibbxAlex78

refringent
    Lmao the problem of p2w isnt the immortal kit, because rookies can get it every week, it’s the fact that you can get protection 5 by buying keys, now you dont have to pay 110$ like immortal rank to buy 2$ of keys, but in the long term its does get op with the economy being to high for new joining player to catch up.

4. AG69

AG69
    i really dislike how p2w it is but I hope that will change. however, I doubt it will sadly.

5. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    Hey,
    I personally believes that MCC is at a balance states of p2w. While ranked player do have a larger advantage compare to non-ranked player, most of the item that ranked people can get from their "kits" are obtainable from grinding or just playing the game. Since your are using Kit pvp as an example and seems to have a good understanding of that Sub Server I will try to start from there. While Immortal player have access to a P3 S4 set from their kit Non ranked player can always Vote for the server and get the reward "100$" and buy a P4 S5 set from ah. In terms of enchant a P4 S5 is better than a P3 S4. Non ranked player while having lesser resources are capable of enjoying the game as there are nothing that is truly locked behind a pay wall, all of the advantage ranked player gets are all pay for convenient.

All of the player can experience all MCC content from either spending time grinding or paying money to skip the grind and I think that is fair, MCC still need money to host the server so they need to motivate their player base to spend money on their server.

6. TwinBlade

When I started sg it seemed pay to win but will alot of time and skill gained I was able to close the gap .. and eventually win a bet that gave me gold rank...I don't think the games pay to win I believe skill is what matters most..

7. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    I dont see why hunger game is pay to win, maybe because of the player tracking compass ?

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.