Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Party Amount

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stiva, Apr 27, 2020.

1. stiva

seray
    hey!

last night, i was in a discord call with a few of my friends and we decided that we wanted to play some minigames. there were about 10 or 11 of us in the call but the party only had room for 8, so some people were left out. i’m not sure if a thread has already been made about this but i think that it could be nice if the party limit were increased to about 12 players if possible. thoughts?

Marco5py and abbzyy like this.
  2. Sparky

SparkyDawg
    Hey trippie!
    I have not seen a thread like this before so I am glad this was brought up! I think in some cases, having a greater party limit would be fun, but there is problems with that. If you are in games like survival games a team of more than 8 would make it not so fun! Another problem with that is, almost every other mini game has teams and there's a limit to the amount of players to a team. The party limit factor is to prevent mass teaming on survival games, murder mayhem, and champion builder. I do not think the party limit being raised would be helpful.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    - Cxltic_Warrior

stiva likes this.
  3. cvul

RabidWolf2093872
    Truthfully party sizes should be capped at 18 due to main "lobbies" in games are maxed at 18 players. But this would then have the effect of all sub server (Minigames) As most of them cap at around 12 players. This would then cause problems if people in parties would all be on the same team.

Marco5py and stiva like this.
  4. Sarrrcasm

Sarrcasm
    Hello trippie! I really like where you are going with this. I personally don't think they should be increased because if it is more than 12 it can cause some problems in minigames that can only hold up to 12. Also I think 8 is a pretty reasonable amount of room for a single party. Also to add on to that, in some games like ctf, the single team/party might be a bit overpowered which could make games unfair.

stiva and Issel like this.
  5. Lxyne

Lxyne
    Hey, trippie!

I've experienced this same situation a few times in the past. It's a rare occurrence but it does happen now and again. I think it would make sense to increase the party player limit to a maximum of 12 players instead of 8. Solely, because the maximum amount of players for some minigames is 12 (Cakewars, Skywars/Team Skywars, Speedy Walls and Champion Builder. Capture The Flag having 12 per team as well.). I do consider Maryeh's point regarding CTF, however, it gives players the option to choose a team in the CTF lobby, so I doubt it would be that overpowered. I cannot see any real downsides to increasing the limit of players in a party but it may be 8 players for a reason. +1 from me.

Cheers, Layne.

stiva and Conscience like this.
  6. Tabbbbbb

Hey! I feel it would be great to upgrade the party amount! +1 from me

7. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    I agree with this in the fact that they should increase the party size. I have run into this problem a few times, but sometimes it works out on its own. Sometimes I join a create a party with 8 people, and someone wants to join, but then they eventually leave the discord call of boredom, or they have to leave (the second one is most likely the case). I agree with the fact that they should increase it to around 12-15 so there can be larger parties, and have more people in them!

Have a nice day!

-FourNut

8. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hi There!

The other night I ran into the same issue, and with a Sr Mod in our call, they suggested limiting it to 10, which seems fair, as 12 players can cause lag in some cases. As someone pointed out, the more players in the party, the more likely you are to team up with them, and in Survival Games, this can cause a lot of lash back from other players. While it would not be a problem for skywars, as having a full party with 12 players would fill up an entire lobby, other aspects of the server should be considered before this is added.
    Personally, I think it's a +1 from me, so long as it is well thought through.

Thanks,
    Nikki

9. Breazia

Breazia
    i think a cool idea for the party cap to be up to 12 because of the fact you could fill a full skywars game full of just your friends and that would be fun.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.