Opinions on the 1.18 update needed!

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by ray01, Jan 27, 2022.

1. ray01

ray01
    Hello to all the survival players

So many of you have heard Minecraft came out with a 1.18 update! Now the big question is should MCC update survival from 1.17.1 to 1.18! If we can keep our Inventories of stuff we want and the claim blocks would You guys be ok with the worlds resetting to 1.18 Cliffs and caves update!

Please comment on this forum thread if you wish for your opinions to be looked at! We want you guys to tell us your thoughts about this update and if it should happen!!!!!!

Zac25zac and MasterChheda like this.
  2. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hey Ray,
    I think that with every new release of minecraft Survival should be updated. Personally I think survival is the Subserver that should be the highest version playable, simply because every version of minecraft there is more to love.
    Nikki

ray01 likes this.
  3. AlexMarkey

I do agree with this , and this is a habit I would personally love to get into. Every update of Minecraft that is released in my opinion should be the trigger for a Survival reset / update to take advantage of all the latest and greatest features.

MasterChheda and ray01 like this.
  4. jaxon_z7

I agree that survival should be Updated eventually, although I strongly believe that this season should be left longer as it's still a relatively new season and I know for a fact a lot of people like me are still just getting settled in and wouldnt be too thrilled with a reset. I would like to see the server update in the future but I do feel like now may be a bit soon to lose everything we have just built.

5. Rubymae17

I agree with this, I like the idea of a reset but it would make me extremely upset if it got reset so early as I've spent a lot of time everyday on this survival and still have a lot of plans for what I am doing currently, everyone on survival is happy with how its going at the moment and so I feel as if the reset should happen when the season is over.

#5 Rubymae17, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    ray01 and AlexMarkey like this.
  6. aisuru

Aisurr
    BD0F5A14-DB2E-4943-8FCB-8491F52AFBAB.jpeg

7. Kinito

TheRealKinito
    I'm all for changing to 1.18 myself, and everyone so far clearly has similar thoughts, but it would be nice if we could put it on hold for a little bit longer so everyone can finish what they planned to do for this season.

ray01 and AlexMarkey like this.
  8. Sapphire923

I agree with updating to the most updated version but not just yet, this season was reset not too long ago, and most of us who have spent long hours building all to have it all taken away again and not be allowed to enjoy our work nor finish other plans not yet completed. I do know that a survival world can be updated from for example 1.17 to 1.18 leaving all chunks built upon intact and upgrading only the areas not built, I realize it might be a bit of work but I know this to be possible. At the end of the day, I respect and know that the decision is made by the server owners, however, I would like to express my opinion on how simply changing to 1.18 will not bring players back to survival. As we have seen in recent resets, players leave after 1 or 2 weeks. I do believe that a focus on building a more welcoming and courteous community environment and retention of seasoned players should be a priority to the future of this server. I do not want to restart things yet again if this change occurs in the near future. Thanks ray for this thread.

AlexMarkey and ray01 like this.
  9. halozombie23

as a player who played and spent a very long time on the mcc servers that there had been en dawn fall of players since all the changes as sapphire befor had sead players will play but arfter how toxic the players are all the new players leave

10. Logan0293

I would say switching to 1.18 would be a good idea, but maybe not at this moment. This server was reset almost 100 days ago, and I think a lot of players, including myself, have builds/plans that they would like to keep.

11. hot_egirl

agreed. and also nerf the voting villager fr hes annoying.

Hwaleman likes this.
  12. Hwaleman

Facts someone needs to tell voting villager to chill, he spams me sometimes EVEN after voting

13. cfox

I agree with the others that I'd rather wait out the season first since I don't want to lose my builds. But is there any info on how much more 'power' the new update requires. I don't have a gaming pc or anything like that so I'd prefer not having fancy caves if it means I'll have to deal with less lag.

14. Kyee__

Kyee__
    Hey,

I think it would be really cool to update Survival server in the future reset. It brings a lot more fun & gives more opportunities in game rather than focusing on one thing even though there are a few goals but some people also enjoy building etc. I think this is a cool idea and as Nikki said, each Survival reset should be at the highest version as possible, along with that still make it accessible for players to join on 1.17+ too.

- Packet

15. httpshay

I think this is a great idea and I'd love if this happened :D

16. halozombie23

in my opinion from al the years of playing on mcc and i know most can agree i would suggest a deicated pvp arena at spawn for thoses of us who pvp and give us /pvp back i think would be a grate idear as well as maybe being back /fly and the kits to come back with better gear as form seasons befor would be a grate we may see some players online for pvp and kits

17. cfox

I wonder why they even bothered to ask for our opinions if they were going to update immediately anyway even though the majority here said they'd like to wait until the next season.

18. 89p

89p

89p
    We would like to clarify that this update (Survival 9.1) will not result in any items being lost. This is not a reset. The following changes are being implemented:

# 1.18 backend
    # In the Claiming World, above Y = 0 (bedrock) there are no changes to the world. However, below Y = 0 will be 1.18 world generation, meaning the world will be expanded downwards and will allow for the implementation of 1.18’s new world generation, such as the new caves! You will not lose your builds.
    # Resource world will reset and will become a full 1.18 world.

You will not lose any of your progress.

InsaneIsMyName and Trainsgender like this.
  19. Danny

They will jusst do what they want haha

cfox likes this.
  20. jovonejc

Idk if this is still relevant but this is what I and a few other players I talked with would love to see improved:

-LESS PHANTOMS (for real those things are annoying and really ruin 90% of the experience-and don't tell me to use cats bcz I hate how they sound :) ),
    LESS MOBS and MAKE THEM LESS OP (Those skeletons are sniping me from the other side of the map and I get attacked by 10 zombies when I step outside-really annoying as all we can do at night is fight the mobs)
    -EARN MONEY FROM KILLING MOBS (with tools/hand -(not auto-kill farms.))

-Bring back PVP area!!
    -Bring back spawners
    -Bring back harvest hoes!!

-GO EASY ON MUTING PPL (A new player come online says 5 things in chat, gets muted for spam and leaves forever. This happens all of the time, even if the mute is very short)
    -Nether and The end needs to reset often
    -MORE EVENTS TO GET(keep) MORE PLAYERS

-command /shop which would take you to /warp market xD jk
    -we need something like /deny or /ban people we don't like from the warps if that is possible
    -idk if this is fixed yet but when a new person joines they must spawn at TUTORIAL so we don't have to explain everything every 5mins.

redsapphire28 likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.