Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Offenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lipestmh, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Lipestmh

Lipestmh
    Hello, how are you?

In view of events around the world, of terror and hatred because of prejudice against ethnicities, for example the case of George Floyd and many others. I think that some things should be changed on the server, to help improve the MCC community and the world itself.

There are several racist attacks on the server every day and, oddly enough, it does not result in a permanent mute. This is the first thing that should change. Any racist, homophobic or xenophobic offense, the player who did it must be mutated forever.
    The second thing is to make the same offenses that I mentioned above, changeable in the msgf. Several players take advantage of msgf to make attacks, denigrating other players.

Such offenses cannot continue to happen in our community. People cannot be offended by their color or ethnicity in any way. I ask the staff to review this.

meana likes this.
  2. Eleung_musk

eleung
    If we made all these comments perm muted, a lot of people would’ve either quit MCC or 20% of MCC probably would get muted. MCC revolves around toxicity and people often go for your race because they just want to be toxic.

I have more to say about msgfing. So did you add the player? Yes. Can you remove the player? Yes. Can you just ignore the player? Yes. So there you have it. First of all, it’s your problem for adding the player, not anyone else’s. No one forced you to add him you did it by yourself so you hold up to the consequences. It’s also not like they can spam you, just ignore the one friend request, it’s not that hard. Second, you can always remove the friend who is being toxic. That’s always an option you don’t have to add him/her forever. Thirdly, you can just ignore the player. Simply just ignore em. It’s like unadding that person but if I’m in a middle of a game, I simply just don’t look sometimes because I want to focus on the game itself. Also, if you kill someone in skywars, and you kind of know they are toxic, you already know what’s gonna go down. I’m just saying they might be toxic to you in msgf so you should know better.

3. Ankh

Ankh
    Made a thread regarding this change a while back, if you would kindly read it.
    https://mccentral.org/community/threads/make-rules-apply-to-msgf.112383/

fedham likes this.
  4. Lipestmh

Lipestmh

I think that if everyone were properly punished it would decrease the number of attacks and toxicities. And about msgf I understand your side and I know that the person accepts the request, he is not obliged to do. However, as much as you accept, IN MY OPINION, racism, homophobia and xenophobia are different from offenses related to the game, like to call L, random and those things. But I understand your position and respect it.

5. majormotor

Boltcutterz
    I think that this is an issue, and it's sad that it even has to be addressed but unfortunately this kind of toxicity isn't an uncommon occurrence in video games in general. Personally, I think the mutes are fine the way they are, the current system allows for people changing and maturing over time and I think that's a good thing. It gives people who do grow up a chance to move past it and play on the server again instead of being perm-banned for a dumb mistake. I always just report them when I see them and hope they mature later.

6. Sidthesquid51

Tbh I agree with the racism comments but I don't think calling someone gay should be perm mute.

#MccHatesMe

7. Moltenwing

I def don't think this should result in a perm mute, people do say things time to time it is an online server and calling someone gay or commenting on their race shouldn't be a perm mute slurs are mutable and i think the duration the user is muted for using a slur is long enough

Sidthesquid51 likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.