Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

No warnings before sev 1 mute

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olo_YT, May 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hey everyone!
    I was just wondering why players don’t/ no longer receive warnings before a severity 1 mute for things such as spamming or non-discriminatory chat bypass. Recently when I was muted for encouraging spam, I wasn’t warned at all, especially when it was the first mute I had had for the offence in years. Are people now not receiving warnings if they have committed prior offences?
    If anyone could clarify this with me that would be great.

2. Darenn

Darenn
    Hey!

So there are 4 chat offenses that a player can commit without getting warned about it and unfortunantely Spam Encouragement is one of them. A main reason on why staff don't warn for this offense is because it can cause a pretty big spam in chat, if it is done properly. For example if someone was to say 'Say me in chat if you want 10k' as an example, well, you could get who knows... 20 players to reply with 'me' and it could cause a pretty big chaos.

The offenses that staff will not warn you for are below.
    - Spam Encouragement
    - Staff Impersonation
    - Excessive Swearing
    - Filter Bypass

It is unfortunate but if you think about it, the first mute you get overall, is only 30 minutes therefore it isn't such a big deal. Anyways, I hope this can sort some reasoning out!
    Have a good day!

iiSean and ThorKingOfAsgard like this.
  3. 10Controls

10Controls
    Hey!

As SheMyPrecious said, Spam encouragement, staff impersonation, Excessive inappropriate language, and filter bypass do not require warnings before a mute.

Adding onto that, if the offense is chatreported you will just receive the mute, and not a warning.

Finally, if you were warned for the offense you committed in the past 48 hours you would receive a mute and not another warning.

To stay up to date with all the rules, you can look at the rules page here.

Have a great rest of your day/night!

4. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Thanks Yourkindasus,
    I understand now that if you are chatreported there will be no warning given.
    Thanks for telling me. :)

5. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Good Afternoon!
    As mentioned above, there are 4 punishments that do not require a warning if witnessed, however the rest of the Severity One chat offences do not need one if Chat Reported. The reasoning behind this is that Essentially, a player sees that you've broken a rule and feels that you should be punished.
    As well as that, if you have been warned with in 2 days, you will not be given another warning and will be muted. This is because you've already known about the rule and have broken it before, so you are not given another chance.

If you have any other questions, pm me on discord.
    Thanks, Nikki
    [Thread Locked]

olo_YT and forgranted like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.