/nick

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by 4151, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Should we add /nick ?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2020.
  1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 4151

Hi there,
    Now to be honest MCC has fair perks for each donator rank but i think for maybe Emerald or Diamond+ you could add a /nick so that you can change your name. The first question that will probably come up is, What about when your trying to chatreport someone or staff are trying to mute/ban someone. It could work in the same way like a normal player so if they are /nicked then you could still do /chatreport playerID reason.
    Hope this idea gets put in the game.
    Thanks! Have a lovely Day or night.
    ----FireyGast Immortal----

2. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey hey, FireyGast!

/nick is a topic that has been discussed lots in the past. Features like this will be coming in the minigame revamp (if you're talking about having this in minigames) but I am fairly positive this feature will be for staff members only. The reasoning behind this is that some staff may experience issues with moderating, if, for example, a hacker knew a staff member was in a game, they wouldn't hack.

Adding /nick for donators could also cause complications with reports. It would take Staff more time to have to look up the player's name if a nicked player was reported. Overall, I think it would be a cool feature to have, but it's very unlikely that it would be implemented.

Have a nice day! :)

3. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

Nick was a feature for staff members a very long time ago. (I believe it was in 2015 or 2016)
    The feature caused a lot of chaos, confusion, made chat look very messy and was not convenient at all.

MCC has a history of having a clean formatted chat. Adding nicknames would ruin that.
    Plus, staff members are the only people who should have colored names, this helps us stand out when talking in chat. Having a nickname would ruin that.

The reasons stated above by @89p are also good points. It will for sure cause problems with reports and appeals.

Pinkapie and puposaurus like this.
  4. HowToFaction

HowToFaction
    Hello FieryGast!

If /nick was a chat only thing it would still cause as many problems of having /nick in-game. In my honest opinion /nick shouldn't be added at all if it is only for chat but it should be added for mod+ ONLY if it is in-game. Like I stated in my old commend about this where you can find at https://mccentral.org/community/threads/disguise-feature-on-minigames.42942/#post-103406. The nick command would render video evidence almost useless unless staff can check who was nicked to what name. Even if they could check the logs for it. It would 100% slow down the reporting process.

In conclusion, if it was ever added it should ONLY be in-game for mod+ in my opinion.

Thank you for reading my comment and have a beautiful day/night!

- Jen/HowToFaction

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.