Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Nice shadow ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ankh, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankh

Ankh
    So when I'm logged in everything takes forever to load and I randomly time out but when I log out it works fine? Not suspicious at all.
    [​IMG]
    Taken from here. Basically means site is permanently slow and unusable.

Glad to see MCCentral would rather resort to such blatant censorship than actually fix their issues. That's hilarious.

Departition_ and Pxrge like this.
  2. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

You sound like those extreme paranoid conspiracy people.... MCC is not shadow banning people from the website. Just because the site slowed down for a bit (probably on your end), doesn’t mean it’s against you

Stop making useless threads; post your conspiracy theories on your wall

3. Ankh

Ankh
    This is general discussions, meaning I can discuss whatever the hell I want as long as it's not breaking rules and related to mcc. May I suggest you take some time to read through this.

Like I said, only happened when I was logged in with this account. Every other website worked fine, and even when browsing as guest everything loads instantly. Which has been happening for a few days now and guess what? The moment I mention it it starts working again! Magical!

You replied offering absolutely no solution or even bothering to look into the problem or do anything more than call me paranoid. And it finally stopping the exact moment I mention it after days of it happening just makes it even more suspicious. Care to explain?

rxme, Departition_, Pxrge and 2 others like this.
  4. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey Ankh,

Understand that we are not 'shadow banning' you - and although shadow banning is a good suggestion, its not something we currently support, or wish to support.

xBenz statements are correct.

Whils your conspiracy theory may line up with faster loading time or something, it could simply be a case of our CDN (as with any CDN) being slow, and caching speeds aligning with your views.

Feel free to dispose of your tinfoil hat here.
    [​IMG]

5. Ankh

Ankh
    1) If it was an issue with the server slowing down then it would affect EVERYONE, including guests. When I asked on discord no one else (including a srmod) was having the problem. And like I said I could use forums as guest just fine. So I wonder why only my account would be slowed down? I wonder if Xenforo has a built-in feature for that...

2) Do Sr Mods have perms to discourage, or even see logs for discouraged users? And if not, why are you even addressing this?

I've never been that much of a conspiracist and I respect you as a staff member, but if a problem lasting days fixes itself the exact moment I bring it up then that's sketchy asf. Doesn't help that when I bring it up you're all just trying to make me look bad.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention but I did try using the forums both logged in and as Guest on both WiFi and 4G, and for both it was the exact same. So no, not my internet.

#5 Ankh, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  6. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    Hiya Ankh,

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the forums. While I unfortunately can not offer assistance as I'm unsure what the issue may be, I can assure you you are not the only one that it has been effecting.

While I don't believe the issue is on a grand enough scale to involve quality assurance, I have also been dealing with slowish response times and have even had the forums not load once.

If this issue continues, please send myself or another staff member a DM! In the meantime, we might be able to chalk it up to more users browsing the forums than usual, considering many people are on holidays right now.

Hope you have a great rest of your day/night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.