New Waiting Lobby

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by abbzyy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. abbzyy

abbzyy
    What are everyone's thoughts on a new waiting lobby for survival games? The current one has been around for awhile, and it'd be nice to have some new parkour (or maybe even multiple of different difficulties). I frequently find myself just sitting waiting for the game to fill up because I've already completed the parkour. Just wanted to hear what other people thought about this. If you have any other ideas, feel free to share!

iZyro, Zonafer, Jacombre and 2 others like this.
  2. CatBoyFable

fablesoul
    Hey, Abby!

I’m not much of a SG player but I’ve had my fair share of games. I believe that perhaps with the new revamp of minigames, there’s a chance that the waiting lobbies will be different. Personally, I don’t mind the waiting lobby because usually the games fill pretty quickly- especially during this time. But hey, changes are good sometimes so who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I won’t say +1 or -1 because I honestly can’t give you a solidified answer.

Thank you,
    Fable.

abbzyy likes this.
  3. 89p

89p

89p
    Hi Abby,

As a frequent SG player, I think Survival Games needs a new lobby. I have completed the Parkour countless times, and there are those days where lobbies take a few minutes to fill up. Like fable said, I would expect a new lobby when the revamp arrives.

Have a nice day! :)

abbzyy likes this.
  4. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    YES I definitely think there need to be new lobbies. Not just for SG - but for SWS and TSWS as well. If you have any specific ideas for lobbies, you can suggest them there:

https://mccentral.org/community/forums/maps/

5. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Helloo!
    I completely agree with everyone's opinion on the parkour. Not just in SG we need a parkour for the skywars lobby. Sometimes I just sit there AFK until the game fills up. I have completed the parkour many times in the survival games lobby and I am curious to see how the new lobbies in the future will end up. We should have a number of parkours with different variety. This way, every time I am in the lobby, I can choose a different parkour then the one I did last time then I can go back to the first one. Also, at the end of the parkour, there should be a pressure plate and when your finish the parkour, you will be able to get a number of parkour finishes next to the amount of levels you have. There could be many ranks like: Beginner, Intermediate, Advance, and then the last stage is God.

abbzyy likes this.
  6. iSloth

iSloth
    I totally agree with this idea! For one, having a new lobby would be very refreshing. Using the same exact lobby for a very long time gets pretty stale. I'd also like to see seasonal lobbies (e.x. Christmas themed during December, Halloween themed during October) to make things more interesting. I'd also like to see new lobbies for skywars that are different based on the map because the map is predetermined before you join, similarly to Murder Mayhem.
    Have a wonderful day!

abbzyy likes this.
  7. abbzyy

abbzyy
    I really like this idea, although I'm not sure having your number of parkour finishes next to your levels is a good concept. It definitely should be displayed somewhere, though. I do think having a bunch of different levels of parkour would be more entertaining - something different to do each game!

I also agree that skywars could have a new lobby, though those games tend to fill up quicker. I still would like to see it happen. For survival games, however, I really love the seasonal lobbies idea. Maybe they could change the colors for holidays as well (i.e. Halloween could be orange and black, St. Patrick's day green, etc.). It would be so much more exciting to join a game, and would make waiting actually fun.

Thank you both for adding on ideas, I really like them!

JustBeChill and iSloth like this.
  8. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I think all the minigame lobbies could use an overhaul. I've heard updates are slated for July, but I'm not too hopeful on that. I think it would be neat if, like the current CTF lobby, there were places to hide or stand around on different levels. There could be a top level with a small platform after you complete the parkour, a mid-level you can jump onto from the spawn point, and a lower level you can get on from the parkour.

I love this idea, and honestly hope it is implemented server-wide. +1

abbzyy likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.