New Skyblock Island Ideas

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Spiriten, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Hey there everyone, I will be splitting this post into multiple spoiler segments so you only have to read what you want!

Around 4 years ago I played Skyblock near daily. Skyblock was honestly my favorite game for a long time. Now, after 4 years, I've noticed that we're still using nearly the same starter island. I do agree that its a nice starter, but everything has to change at some point, why not try to one up it?

Something that I always loved was how you usually selected one crop and went along with it, monopolizing it. Why not do that with the starter islands? You can start with a sandy island, setting you for a career of sugar cane and cactus. Maybe you can have a nether themed island, with some soul sand inside to help you start your nether wart empire. Or maybe you just want to use the classic crops, starting with an island with plenty of dirt. So why can't we have islands like this?

In order to show this idea, I built a set of 3 starter islands that all include the basics and these ideas. You can view them here as an imgur album, or download the world here on MediaFire. I am not saying these should be the new starter islands and they're far from perfect, but its a step in the right direction for ideas.

The shaders are Chocapic13 V6 Extreme

For islands such as these, stylizing its quite prevalent. While it can be created without, it appeals more with. Often times with this, you can have trouble navigating the island or even replanting the tree. While the leaves in the pre-made trees may not drop saplings here, the chest would normally contain normal oak saplings and all the other resources as a back up. Overall, this is annoying at first glance, but a better island design is worth much more than having to open a chest for a sapling.

Anyways, thank you for reading, after all this time I just think there should be some change. Feel free to get back to me, I'll take any suggestions, feedback, or counter-arguments I get on this case and try to respond.

2. sinderr

sinderr
    Hello!
    First off i just wanna say, the work put into this thread is really nice :3 Also the island builds are cool, okay on to my opinion/ideas.

As an avid skyblock player the crop monopolized changes, id say it went something like this, vines-melons-vines, as we all know early season vines were SUPER overpowered, but thats besides the point were talking about starter islands. I think right now the islands work perfectly as theyre an okay size and come equiped with the necessary tools to create farms. You can buy the materials for new farms at /shop or get them from kits.

With the threads title being "New Skyblock Ideas" i think some things needing to be adressed are the points, points should be 2x easier to get many skyblock players quit because they were hard to obtain and it was getting almost 'boring'. Another thing i feel would be intresting is a Blast mine pickaxe with addable enchants, this would help in mining ores more quickly and efficiently. Some addable enchants would be fortune, and silk touch.
    Thanks for reading!

3. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Thank you for the feedback! And I just wanna say, the title wasn't "New Skyblock Ideas" but instead "New Skyblock Island Ideas" as it focuses on the islands. And I do agree that things like points should be easier as even I this season quit pretty early on because playing solo is just obnoxious. I love playing games solo, but it feels like I'm being punished for it.

4. Keeggs

Keeggs
    Wow these ideas are amazing and hopefully this gets put into the game because I've seen other servers do it which is cool and the starter island is always plain so that's amazing ideas! Great mind and creativity

Spiriten likes this.
  5. sleepyhe4d

tinyutensils
    I love this idea and I hope they get incorporated! The island builds are great:)

Spiriten likes this.
  6. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    The builds are great, but, although this does sound like a good idea, this would totally remove the biomes feature. So, if you picked a sandy island, you would have to stay with that island, even if you don't want to keep farming SC or Catcus, if you wanted to change, you would have to reset your island and completely undo all of your progress. This is something that you have to concider when making these ideas, if you could think of a way to make like 3 different island as a started island, and sectioned off, then that would sound cool, like maybe 25-50 blocks apart, and you have to build to each of them, or something like that. And in a like 25 Block radius, it would be that specific biome. But still, very nice ideas!

GLOCKPRINCESS likes this.
  7. Olisaurus123

Olisaurus123
    I don't think this idea would work as such, because most players have /fly and want to work from an empty island. This would make it more of a hassle for players to have to break 3 different islands. But I do agree with you if someone at the start chooses to go with sugar cane and then decides they want to switch to nether warts etc, they would have to start all over again. As well as this, it would be very hard to balance out the amount of money you can make from each of these as one crop will always have an advantage over other crops.
    I think next season, skyblock should just stick to one crop, I personally preferred nether warts as the main money source but I also really enjoyed when cactus farms were the best because skyblock was mainly focused on who would build the best cactus farm.

TheKingOfTurtlez likes this.
  8. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Heyo Oli, Im sorry if I understood your reply incorrectly, but for one thing the islands would be seperate and chooseable. It would be very OP if they were all in one world and could all be broken down. As for the crop disadvantages, if you measure out the soul sand, sand, and dirt, the crops that make less have much more resources. So, the normal island has more dirt than the tropical has sand, and the tropical has more sand than the nether has netherwart. This is a nerf I took into account since netherwart and cactus farms are very OP.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.