NEW SERVER/ MINI-GAME IDEA: FFA

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by WG_Elite, Apr 25, 2020.

1. WG_Elite

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about an idea I think MCC should incorporate into their server. It is called FFA. For those of you that do not know, FFA stands for Free-For-All. It is a gamemode where players are all in one arena with chests around, where they can gear up and go fight other players. Basically, it is a never ending survival games. I used to play this a ton on BadLion back in the day and it was a very popular gamemode. This is how it could work:

MAP: The map is basically like a survival games map, but just smaller. There would be set chests in the same spot that refill every 5 minutes. Their could be a randomized version of the chests, or a set tiering so players are required to know the map a little. The chests would have basically what they have in survival games.

SPAWN: How the spawn could work is players are spawned above the map with an enderpearl and nothing else. they can throw the ender pearl to wherever they'd like in order to go get some chests and gear up. Players could also throw the pearl into a fight that is already happening and try to get the clean up.

LEADERBOARDS: I think what makes MCC special is how they have leaderboards for all their gamemodes. This inspires players to try and rank up and get known. So, the leaderboards for FFA would be based off of kills. The leaderboards could have kills, deaths, and highest killstreak.

I know this gamemode has the potential to be very popular on the server, because it is like an alternate version of survival games, which is one of MCC's main attractions. FFA is just more laid back, if you die you just respawn and try to go kill some more people. It is simple and I know it has the potential to be a big hit. As far as what kind of gamemode it could be, I am not really sure if it would be classified as a minigame or server. If it is a minigame, I think it could replace murder mayhem or champion builder. If it is a server it could replace the Arena PVP server. Nobody really plays these gamemodes anymore. Let me know what you think and please comment any suggestions.

2. Mxats

Mxats
    Heyo!
    I personally don't think this would be good idea since first of all, we have kitpvp. Second of all, there wouldn't be a chance for new players to get into the game since players with op loot would constantly camp the mid chests or the most popular chests. They will be running arround with full diamond enchanted armor and sword teaming up on new players that don't even have a sword. I think we should just keep Kit PvP and Survival Games seperate. I like both games but I don't see myself liking "FFA" and I don't think I speak just for myself.
    I'm sorry but a -1 for me.
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

puposaurus and Emmx like this.
  3. WG_Elite

I get what you are saying about the kit pvp. The thing about survival games is the only diamond gear you can obtain is a diamond helmet, so people aren’t going to be in full diamond. Secondly, this is just an idea, so I did not want to go into full detail, but what I would suggest is that the max armor you can get is full iron. This makes PVP more challenging and strategic.

4. Sweeping

Sweeping
    So a knock off of Hypixels Pit?

iFeast likes this.
  5. WG_Elite

I mean I wouldn’t call it a knock off. Every server has similar games no matter where you go.

6. Sweeping

Sweeping
    it would be a knock off bro

7. WG_Elite

Ok so SG is just a knockoff from them? Skywars is a knock off from them? Cake wars is a knockoff from them? UHC is a knock off? You could say anything was copied from any server. FFA is a very popular game mode on a lot of servers. Just cause one server has the same game mode doesn’t mean it’s a knock off. People have similar game modes because that is what is popular.

8. Sweeping

Sweeping
    Cake wars is definitely a knock off. Bedwars is a knock off. The original was Egg Wars. Hypixel is a bigger server, but MCC Def didnt thnk of cakewars off of their own. As for survival games, thats just a normal gamemode. if you want ffa play Survival games. im -1 about this one. MCC needs to work on how to avoid hackers than to add new mini-games.

9. AndyEatsGames

lemonshark541
    I'm going to have to disagree with @Mxats on this one. Yes, we already have KitPVP, but that on it's own is extremely pay-to-win, and isn't a minigame. If FFA is introduced to the minigames lineup then it would be an area where lots of players that don't have access to all the ranks have a chance to dominate the map, without all these OP rank kits stopping them. Of course, this will also be a hacker's wonderland, but an improved anti-cheat is currently on the way.

If this were to be introduced, I'd definitely invest my time into it. +1

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.