New Server Feature

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Oracy, Mar 28, 2020.

?

Would you like to see this feature?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. Oracy

Oracy
    I posted this thread in Prisons by accident without realising - Silly me
    This is just a copy paste briefly explaining the concept

I used to be the head admin of a fairly successful server (Not going to name). Lets call it Arcade.
    On Arcade I created many succesful features for the server including this feature called ArcCash.

ArcCash was a currency kept ingame which players could use on the Webstore to purchase ranks, keys and cosmetics etc:

Players could earn ArcCash by voting, or watching ads on webpages and things like that.

ArcCash can benefit to players by creating a more broad economy as well as producing income for the server by advertising videos.

Every ad gives you an "ad reward" which would either be 0.01 "Central Cash" or you could get a exp pouch, small money pouch, diamond blocks, iron blocks or maybe even armor / gear items.

Voting for the server could earn you 0.15 cents Central Cash.

Central cash can have a minimum pouch purchase of $10 too make it more encouraged to vote / watch the advertisements.

CentralCash could be a goodname. If you have any suggestions let me know below, I'm curious to know your opinions below.

I have used this before and it generates more income for the server than it loses by a fairly solid margin.

Sincerely - Oracy

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Sounds like an interesting idea. I would certainly enjoy it, because it means it's easier to buy things from the mcc store. However, the owners probably wouldn't implement it because it would likely mean a financial loss for the server. Making people watch ads has kind of a "sell out" vibe. There are already many rewards for voting, and you get something on every subserver, plus credits in the lobby that you can spend on minigames. I also fear that people would abuse this. On subservers like skyblock or prison, people could just do whatever they need to do to rack up Central Cash, and then buy ancient and mythical keys for free, which makes them have an advantage on the next season.

If they deemed it as not a financial loss, though, and added things that stopped people from abusing it, it might be an interesting way to save some money on the minecraft central store.

3. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    Also the ad thing can be abused heavily, literaly making a script to skip ads and leave it running overnight, you could make mad money running it in many instances at once with 0 effort. Keys are already inflating the eco enough.

creeper7777777 likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.