New Prison Realms

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by JohnMon_, Aug 2, 2019.

1. JohnMon_

I wanted to suggest a change for prison next season, where instead of prison realms 1 and 2, we have a prison server without spawners (the OG prison server), and another prison server with spawners (the non-OG prison server). Also, if possible, have no keys (except vote keys) in the OG prison server so it can be more fair for other players (but the main suggestion here is to have the 2 different prison servers).
    Having these 2 prison servers instead of the realms, will make everyone happy: people who don't like spawners can play the OG prison server, and people who do like spawners can play the non-OG prison server. If having the OG prison server doesn't work out, people can just go to the non-OG server. So you don't have anything to lose in doing this.
    I hope that this idea can grow and be put into next prison season, so we can all have lots of fun. Thank you for reading this suggestion. Have a nice day!

-JohnMon_

AttackOZach, mxbel and r3spawned like this.
  2. Swaggle

Swaggle
    Hello! I like your suggestion but I see a few issues with this idea. One issue is the communities itself. Prison 1 has a massive, diverse community where there are players who are already making money in a variety of different ways. Prison 2 has this too but there's just not as many players. I feel if this was implemented it would throw off the balance of both communities and I feel that one server would be way more popular than the other which could be a really bad change if there's one server that's overloaded with players and the other nearly empty. Being a person who played Prison 2 since season 1, I feel my roots would be completely lost if the servers were to change and fluctuate both communities. I understand that it could definitely be worth a shot in trying this out since we don't know until we try, but I don't think it would be the best thing to do. The good thing is with this prison season is the goal was to base the economy more off of mining and I feel that was achieved. You can only obtain tokens from mining and you need those to get spawners so players are practically forced to work for their money instead of simply buying keys to stack up spawners. I understand there are still some players who despise spawners completely and want nothing to do with them, but I think there are plenty of efforts being made to try to base the economy off of what it originally was. Thank you for making this suggestion though as I look forward to seeing other opinions on this! Have a lovely rest of your day. ♡​

guih likes this.
  3. JohnMon_

You guys can still keep Prisons 1 and 2, just add in the OG prison. Skyblock once had 3 realms. This other prison server could also get the server more money because more market boosters should be bought on the OG prison server, for people will want them since they mine. Please give this a try. All this is doing is adding a different prison server for people with different tastes, to play. The server has nothing to lose in doing this. If it doesn't work out, just take it off.

4. guih

guihzy
    Hey!
    I must agree with swaggle. Although your idea sounds nice there are a few issues on it. The communities would be mixed making an entirely new community, which would mix high level gambling and scamming (as on prison 1) with mining and pvping (as on prison 2). I’ve been playing prison since early 2014 when it released and from my point of view your idea would make prison worse, as the communities are used to their subserver (prison 1 players don’t usually get on prison 2 much). Talking about economy I must say that the idea of a season without spawners and with beaconing back would be nice, as many old players from when beaconing was a thing would come back. The prison tokens took the economy back to mining, as in other seasons people would just use spawners to get tons of money. I don’t see a point in adding your idea but i’d love to see other thoughts on it. Have a nice day

puposaurus likes this.
  5. JohnMon_

I am not saying to have no spawners at all, I am saying have 1 realm with spawners, like it is right now, and another realm without spawners, like it used to be.

xStrafings likes this.
  6. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    I think this is a wonderfull idea. There are many players on prisons still from 1 and 2. Myself from season 2 I remember the gold old days of sell shops mining the insane booster hype that you only get at the start of the season now days. I remember the old prisons rank system which I was sadly not able to go above Z3. However, my point is that there are people like me that have played prisons since the days of FLuidzMC and SunSetGameZone. We miss the old tight community where everyone was known and i feel like if there was another seperate realm people could recreate this. My point is there used to be a mining community and now that the tokens do help people go back to mining I myself making a lot of money per day can buy still around a 3 thousand tokens a day. so the tokens don;t have the fullest of effect on the LB players. Thank you johnmon for this amazing idea and I think it would work wonderfully!

Etra2k, Buttercup2164 and JohnMon_ like this.
  7. puposaurus

puposaurus
    Heyo! I've seen this suggestion pop up before back when the forums was on enjin. When spawners were first introduced to prison in 2017, I wasn't a big fan of them; however, i've grown to accept them, and spawners are what makes up the prison economy, and having a prison server with no spawners like in 2014-2016 and a server with spawners like now could corrupt prison. As said above, there's some issues with having 2 different prison servers. One of them being that the players would get caught off guard in a sense that they have to merge p1 and p2, then also kinda split into "OG prison" and "non-OG prison". Another issue having the two different servers is that the prison ranks would have a very large gap- the server with spawners can allow players to rankup a lot faster compared to a server exclusively to mining. an example can be a play who would rankup to X6 could take them a few weeks or so on the server with spawners, but the server with none spawners would have its disadvantages since mining is time consuming and getting up to X6 just from mining and maybe a few side hustles, like selling gear, could take a lot longer than a few months.

i don't think beaconing making a reappearance would be a good idea. beaconing was removed because many players complained about it, and it screwed many players over because they lost their items and couldn't do much since the person fighting them had strength 2 effect on them. beaconing in general is just kinda annoying and i'm not a big fan of it....... also, if beaconing were to make a reappearance, it would be harder to beacon if the pvp warps are set up the way they have been the past few seasons since it takes time to get into the pvp area after warping and players can't set homes in pvp.

8. monkeyboyr

Love this dead, alot of ogs are leaving just cause its the race who gets the first spawners, i think we should have op prisons and less op prisons
    +1

9. JohnMon_

ItsGuih, the beauty of this is that we all have the choice to choose either to have spawners, or to not have spawners. So it's a win-win to everyone. Please give it a try. It will be the best!

10. AttackOZach

AttackOZach
    I really like this idea, I would love to see this implemented!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.