Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

New Particle Effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zwiz, May 15, 2020.

?

Do you think new particle effects should be added?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. zwiz

zwiz
    Hi there,

The particle effects that you can purchase have stayed the same for some years now.
    I think it would be a good idea to add in some new ones such as a rainbow one. The particles that can be purchased as of now are quite boring in my opinion.

Let me know what you think and have a great day.

#1 zwiz, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    HeckTheThicc, Simplistiq and huzunni like this.
  2. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    I believe that they should add some more particle effects, but it doesn't seem worthwhile for a few main reasons.
    A lot of the server plays mini-games or PvP based Sub-servers, and having a particle effects equipped can hinder your vision to see the opponent. Although the particle effects have been the same for awhile now it doesn't seem worthwhile. A lot of players who have particle effects don't even equip them for those reasons. I have a few particle effects, but I only equip them in sub-servers or occasionally in mini-games (not often).
    +0.5

Have a nice day!

-FourNut

3. huzunni

Hello,

I think adding a new particle effect would be a great idea, but like the above user has stated. it wouldn't seem worthwhile, unlike the new rank that MCC has added a few years ago, adding a new particle effect would be a little bit more different as it could be as a disadvantage for other players as well. But I would also love to see a new effect being added to the game as all the other particle effects have gotten boring from time to time.

Simplistiq and zwiz like this.
  4. reallylazy

reallylazy
    Hey,

I actually agree with you, I think some new particle effects would be cool to see since the current ones have indeed been the same for some years now. However I can’t see them being added anytime soon, even if the owners were to make new ones. I believe this for the same reasons that fournut brought up, there are already many particles to choose from in the store and when people pvp they tend to turn them off since the gameplay isn’t good with them on. Also, I myself only have 3 meaning that there are many others I could already choose from, most people don’t have the money to buy all of them. While yes this seems like a great idea I can’t see it being implemented anytime soon. Good idea though!

Zonafer, Simplistiq and zwiz like this.
  5. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    I feel they should add this. They already have a lot, but some more would be a change! This might not be the top of the list of things to add, but it would be cool if we got some new ones like Mabey a Redstone one!
    +1

zwiz and Simplistiq like this.
  6. poopoo

DE3X
    yeah but the particles dont matter, why do you care

7. superdog1174

superdog117
  8. zwiz

zwiz
    Because the server needs new shit adding

Ahnxious and HeckTheThicc like this.
  9. ltself

ltself
    Yes, I do think that will be a cool addition. As everyone else has stated, I do agree that adding it would probably be the last thing the server needs.

zwiz likes this.
  10. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Everyone does bring up a good point in saying that development should be focused on new subserver seasons/ minigame revamps rather than a few particle effects however I do think adding a few new particle effects is not currently needed:
    Screenshot_2.png

There are currently 12 player effects in the server, and personally once I get bored of one I use a random number generator between 1 and 12 to find out which one I'll use next. Now yes, if you dislike the effects then maybe adding more would change that result however having a texture pack would also change the particle to your liking.

Another problem I see is that:
    Screenshot_4.png
    For players like myself that have bought this pack, what happens when they add more? Do we get those additional effects or do we have to purchase those's one separately?

Maybe in this scenario, through the /link command the server could tell what effects we have and then discount the particle pack depending on whether the player already has effects or not,

For example:
    I have got all the particle effects, and if they add more particles, that particle pack price wouldn't be going down. If a player has all but 2 particles then the particle pack price would be reduced down to a cheaper price than buying the 2 separately.

Just my thoughts.
    - Elecctricc.

zwiz likes this.
  11. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Everyone agrees there should be new particles but only 1 person gives us ideas for a new particle. It would be really helpful if you give us ideas for new ones instead of just saying there should be new ones!

zwiz and Darenn like this.
  12. Darenn

Darenn
    Hey!

Going from what Unadvised has mentioned above, here are a few effects that I think would look amazing!

As mentioned, a rainbow effect. I'm unsure on how this player meant it but I think that it would look cool having an actual swirly rainbow around your character. I think that another effect could be as such, customizable emojis. Meaning, you could have your own emoji/picture and have it flow around you as a particle. Otherwise, I think it would be cool if you could customize the color of your equipped effect, the speed and how many 'particles' flow around you. This could be either a seperate purchasable item from the store or it could automatically come with particles.
    For example, you could have the Witch effect, customize the color to a bright blue but keeping the same particle icon, have only 3 particles flowing around you have you less distracted and have the speed at a steady .5, for example.

Let me know what you guys think!
    Have a good day!

+1

zwiz likes this.
  13. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    Would love to see more particle effects and arrow trails

#13 Lexxonist, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    zwiz likes this.
  14. Ahnxious

Emiies
    Maybe some particle effects they can add is

1. Bubbles?
    2. (since there is already a heart) broken heart
    3. Wind effect
    4. Angel Effect (it only goes on top of players head and circles)

zwiz and Elecctricc like this.
  15. zwiz

zwiz
    Great ideas this is exactly what I meant, thanks!

16. zwiz

zwiz
    Great ideas.

17. zwiz

zwiz
    Good points however I do believe the particles already added could be their own set and then any particles added after that could come in cool colours and be a different set. Or you could buy select ones separately. Thanks for your thoughts!

Ahnxious likes this.
  18. Lewklo

zaeuz
    I agree! Even tho there is already 12 effects which is quite a lot and it wouldn't exactly be necessary to add more, and they don't really do anything or matter. but in my opinion it would be a nice little addition that people would enjoy. as mentioned the ones you can purchase now have stayed the same for some years and now would be the perfect time too add more. I really agree with what was mentioned above about a rainbow effect, that would be really cool! Maybe like different variations of the ones that are available currently would be cool too!

ilavau, sophi, brandnew and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ahnxious

Emiies
    I agree! maybe we can even have the option to choose what color we want for the particle effects Ex: I want my Halo to be red/black/white

Another Ex: Want my heart to be red/black/white/etc..

zwiz likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.