"New Minigame Update"

Discussion in 'Minigame General Discussion' started by Maxiles, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Yes or No

This poll will close on Aug 29, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
  1. I agree with 100%

2. I agree with 50%+

3. I agree with 50%-

4. I agree with 25%-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maxiles

I've been playing on this server for quite a while now and the there's a few things I would like to talk about in this forum post, things I would like to see in the possible update/s and problems with the server. There's been a rumor going around about a new minigame update coming out sometime in the next few months. I don't want to waste any time so I'll get into it. (I'll mainly be focusing on Skywars 75% of the time but I'll try to include other games).

Things me and many other players want to see in the update:

1. Anti cheat but I know it's much harder than it sounds to make. Not much more to say cos people know what I mean.

2. New simple commands such as /p IGN, /r to respond to a msgf etc. just for faster messages when in-game and stuff.

3. The huge problem with cooldowns in TSW. First pearl cooldown should be 40 seconds or whatever and after that no cooldown so you can pearl clutch, agro people etc. Also tnt and fns should be 20 or 30 seconds not 2 whole minutes.

4. Glitches fixed such as chest/tnt pearl without cooldown. There are many many many more but I cannot think of them at the moment cos it's late.

5. New maps and removing bad maps such as TSW Stumps where the mid is so far out of range with render distance on full and 12000 dedicated ram you can almost see it. There are many maps I can think of that could also have updates but do not need to be removed.

6. There are three possibilities for explosive arrows. 1 is remove them. 2 is to fix the knockback, fix the shooting twice glitch and fix when they don't explode some blocks such as wood. 3 is have an option for gold rank plus to disable them. (I would prefer option 1 unless the server will stay pay to win).

7. Level 30 enchants are by far one of the most overpowered things in Skywars teams or solo. If you get to mid first and enchant you win by 4 hitting people in full diamond and 2 hit in leather. Maybe replace the bookshelfs with diamonds or place a diamond block somewhere at mid instead.

8. A way to sort out a players inventory in the waiting lobby so 5-10 seconds of the game isn't wasted by sorting out your inventory every game. I know this is a small detail but It'll definitely make the game more fun.

9. I know this could be a bit far but a leader board reset for all minigames because many of the top players have completely quit or are perm banned. I personally don't mind too much what happens but I think a reset is very debatable.

10. SG new maps and remove some. CTF definitely needs new maps and removed ones. More murder mayhem maps with 8 or whatever it is getting very repetitive.

11. Speedy walls and Champion builder should get a massive credit boost or a new update or something to get more players playing it with the top player not even getting 50 wins a month. If not, I don't see why not to remove these games.

12. Dedicated minigame staff that regularly play minigames to remove hackers. I have seen this come up many times in game and on forums and I think it would be a great idea.

I could really go on for a long time saying what the ''new update'' needs but these are the main few suggested I could come up with. I personally know many good players that have quit mcc from the lack of updates and exciting things that happen. I know many of the staff try hard to work on the server and some not so much. I know this is quite big but theres many problems. Thanks for reading this far and I hope you have a good day.

2. Swinger

Swinger
    I agree with a lot of what you suggest. The changes to cooldowns would be fantastic on SSW/TSW, and would pick up the pace of the game significantly. Things like glitch fixes, the anti-cheat, adding maps, removing level 30 enchants, and removing maps which aren't suited to a minigame's gameplay (specifically Skywars) are also a must. I'm neutral on most of your other points (although I would personally like to see an explosive arrow toggle). I do however disagree with a few things.

A leaderboard reset isn't the way to go in my opinion. Instead, I think it would be nice to have yearly leaderboards as well as monthly, even if just to add more incentive to grind minigames year by year. The addition of something like a cash prize for each yearly leaderboard #1 on top of that would really encourage more people to play, as well as make less active minigames significantly more active (although I would suggest a smaller prize for the more inactive ones).

Most of SG's maps are perfectly fine. The only one I can really justify removing is Vareide Map 1, as its problems speak for themselves when you play it. Removing level 30 enchants and adding changes to anvils/removing anvils entirely would completely fix a lot of the big problems the other maps have. Likewise, CTF does need new maps, but the old maps aren't broken. The game needs balances to bows, as well as a few new perks to give the gameplay an upgrade and make certain styles of maps (e.g. the straightforwardness of Clash Valley) more playable.

My position on minigames staff isn't super flushed out, but I would love to see something like it happen as a minigames player myself. My only concern is that sub-servers/server areas without a dedicated sub-team would become neglected, but I do agree that minigames needs to really be re-prioritized.

mxbel and iiSnowMan like this.
  3. Maxiles

Thanks for the feedback thinking about it now with the CTF maps sounds like a good idea. Also your idea about level 30 enchants and yearly leaderboards sound great.

4. Melodieee

Melodieee
    Hey there!
    I agree with a lot of this stuff, Many people comment on the fact that an anti-cheat is needed and they are right, and I believe that staff are working on one! However commands like /p (username) assuming that it is for a party invite would interfere with commands on different subservers like creative or survival with /p h or /p auto. Fixing things like the glitches on maps or removing blocks you would get stuck in would be nice as well. Explosive arrows also do give players an unfair advantage most times. It would be nice if you were able to toggle it on or off though.

Like Swinger said above, resetting the leaderboard would not be a that good of an idea. Personally I think that many of the players work hard and grind to keep their places on the leaderboard and it shows on the leaderboard. Being able to sort out your inventory in the waiting lobby would be nice as well saving you some time so you can use it to bridge to other islands. Agreeing on the fact that the server should have staff that are dedicated to minigames because there are many minigames that are neglected sometimes. However like Swinger also has said, having staff dedicated to minigames may end up in other subservers being neglected.

Overall, this is a really good post! Your ideas are amazing and I think that some of them should be implemented in the upcoming minigame revamp. Have a good day!

notchapple2017 likes this.
  5. notchapple2017

Just wanted to let you know, ever since kitpvp season 1 they have said they have been working on an anti cheat. That was 6 years ago. Sorry to disappoint you but mcc doesn’t care the owner only updates the games that makes him the most money. Factions prison and sky block

6. notchapple2017

Agree with you’re leaderboard idea

Swinger likes this.
  7. Maxiles

Never seen a better quote in my life, I would of said this in the post but decided not too.

notchapple2017 likes this.
  8. Flarinbeast

Uhhh .. if you find a hacker, report it to the MCC Staff team. There are a lot of cheaters on the server, so it would help if you go to the MCC discord, go to where it says "support", and report players there. Another option may be to go to the link on the MCC website ( https://mccentral.org/community/forms/report-players.2/respond ) that enables you to create a ticket to report a player. Staff are usually busy and don't have a lot of time on their hands at all so a hacker or two might not be banned as quick as some people may like. Thank you for creating this thread.

-Novato Mejor MCC

#8 Flarinbeast, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Twizsoul and Pxrge like this.
  9. Twizsoul

SoulKio
    Uhhh .. if you find a hacker, report it to the MCC Staff team. There are a lot of cheaters on the server, so it would help if you go to the MCC discord, go to where it says "support", and report players there. Another option may be to go to the link on the MCC website ( https://mccentral.org/community/forms/report-players.2/respond ) that enables you to create a ticket to report a player. Staff are usually busy and don't have a lot of time on their hands at all so a hacker or two might not be banned as quick as some people may like. Thank you for creating this thread.

-Mini Mod #6666
    IMG-20181214-WA0001.jpg

Flarinbeast likes this.
  10. notchapple2017

We as players play the game to play not be a staff for the server. Many times I have to go find a staff. It isn’t as simple as you believe it is

11. YouGetMeSoHigh

YouGetMeSoHigh
    bruh, you missed the entire point of that comment...they’re being sarcastic...

12. Flarinbeast

Went right over your head ...

13. delu

starstrong

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.