New Lobbies

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by ctrs, Aug 19, 2020.

1. ctrs

ctrs
    Hey guys, I hope I can get a Senior Moderator or someone to actually look and consider this, but it likely won't happen because it's just how MCC is.

The lobbies around MCC, specifically in minigame subservers and some other subservers have been around for a really long time now, and I think some of them are due for an upgrade with some much needed features Me and a lot of other experienced builders are open and would be excited to build some new awesome lobbies for MCC, including the main lobby.

List of hobbies I'd like to revamp if possible: Main Lobby, UHC Lobby, and all the minigame lobbies.

I am aware revamping the main lobby would include making a winter version of the map as well, but If I could get some kind of answer that if we do end up re-making these lobbies that they would legitimately be considered so it's not a waste of our time. I've personally seen only 2-3 lobbies slightly evolved in my 7-year career on MCC, and I think it would be super cool to make a new one. I already have ideas, and I'm sure the other builders do too.

Hey, and if this is considered to be an option I would also be interested in making some minigame maps as well :)

OriAlfi likes this.
  2. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    I agree with you, but I don’t want to end it like it ended last time(the build team, it was messy the maps wasn’t as good as a pro build team) so I want to make sure it won’t by making a lead builder(maybe like @Swinger or some old playing builder) and making sure every builder is keeping his aesthetic in his builds and his detail too.

#2 OriAlfi, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Swinger likes this.
  3. Swinger

Swinger
    I don't mind the idea of new lobbies at all. I'm personally neutral on the current hub; it does the job of a server hub well, yet isn't the most exciting bit of building ever. I also agree that it would be nice to have more minigame lobbies; I know you're already familiar with this CTF Lobby re-design that I'm a fan of.

However, I certainly don't think this should be a priority, and unfortunately if the lobbies the community builds aren't of a high enough quality, there's little to no chance of them being added. Even the CTF lobby, which I do like, is certainly not of a professional standard like Ori rightly suggests server lobbies should be. On top of this, the focus for map updates should definitely be more on minigame maps themselves, not the lobbies.

OriAlfi likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.