[New Command] /hide players

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by 10sec, Mar 18, 2021.

1. 10sec

10sec
    Hello!

I hope everyone is having a good day/night.

Today, I had an idea and decided to come share it with you guys. Please, leave your thoughts below on the comments section.

The idea basically consists of a new command, /hide players. This would enable one to visually disable/enable the players who are in the same area as they are. This command would be basically useful in lobbies, but I suppose it could also be implemented in sub-servers, such as, for example, however not limited to, kit pvp, where there are usually a considerable amount of players on the 'lobby' itself. The command would basically only hide players physically, but not on tabs. This would not be enabled in pvp areas.

The command would look like this, as well as the messages displayed when performed.

Command
    [​IMG]

Hidden:
    [​IMG]

Visible:
    [​IMG]

I believe this would be a good suggestion as it would allow players to decrease the lag caused by a big player count, mainly, as well as decrease some unnecessary conflicts.

I also do have in mind the fact that some lobbies, such as prison, use the same server for the lobby and the pvp area, so it may cause some conflict regarding the plugins.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. Feedback is appreciated. <3

Hope you have an amazing day/night.

#1 10sec, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  2. PixelHater

PixelHater
    I highly agree!! This would useful! I was thinking about this today as some people just get in my face and I'd like to use this to make them go away as it clouds my view.

10sec likes this.
  3. Yukihira

maneREMOR
    I already had a weak PC and I can say that your idea would increase the person's fps a lot while they are in the lobby. I don't see it as necessary at the moment, since the number of active players is low, besides the "fps cuts" would only happen in the lobby, where there is no pvp.
    However there are updates coming on the server and the expectation is that the number of players will grow again, to do this I believe that the server should provide fun and a feeling of immersion in the players, a command that hide players would increase the fps, making the gameplay cleaner (much better).

Good idea for the near future (more important things have to be done first), for me it's a +1

#3 Yukihira, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  4. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I think this idea is good in theory. However, like Rxmor said the biggest benefit of getting more FPS is lost because you need to see players to PvP. Additionally, it wouldn't help much with lag unless your PC is absolute garbage (in which case, nothing will really help), so there isn't much incentive to add that in.

It might be beneficial for taking photos and stuff like that, but even just finding a quiet spot in the lobby is good for that. Overall, I don't feel like this feature needs to be coded in, and more important things should be worked on first. :)

Dionnysus likes this.
  5. micunmuted

PLARPS
    I like this idea however, if you had it in lobbys it wouldn't really be useful because there isn't that many people in the lobby and it would only help for people who had really bad computers but, it might be useful in prison since theres usually a lot of people in it, also would it be disabled in pvp?

6. 10sec

10sec
    Thank you so much for your response! <3
    Yes, I do agree that the player count being low would make this command somewhat useless in lobbies, but as you have said and as I have stated previously, this would come in handy in sub-servers, such as Kit, or even in prison (especially in the mines, to avoid players purposely being in front of you whilst you are trying to mine, e.g).
    In my opinion, I do believe that the command should be disabled in pvp, as this would be an advantage and also would basically go against the purpose of the PvP area itself, so yes, I do believe it should be disabled to avoid abuse coming from players and further conflicts.

Thank you so much for the response and I'm glad you have taken the time to read the thread <3

charles the almighty likes this.
  7. guih

guihzy
    I feel like having this just like other big servers have (hypixel, lunar etc) - and for that I mean having an item on your hotbar that upon clicked would automatically disable/enable all players in waiting lobbies (i.e. prison lms, skyblock boss battle, uhc lobby) would be much better than having it as a command that you've got to type out every time you intend to toggle player visibility. That might be also useful in subservers in non-competitive areas (plot world and spawn for instance) for the larger concentration of players in those areas. Having an option to toggle players in PVP arenas though sounds really stupid, since people are there to fight and fighting invisible players is quite a challenge unless you're cheating. +1 but make players always enabled in pvp areas

Dionnysus likes this.
  8. micunmuted

PLARPS
    now feel like if you added it for mines you wouldn't be able to see people mine in front of you when your mining and you wouldn't know where the person is, but thats just my opinon im sure many people would be fine with that, personally, there isn't usually that many people in the mines, and you can go to the smaller server but, +1 because it would just be useful in many different ways.

9. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    I can find myself a lot in this reply. Having this on an item instead of command (Or do both?) would be better. But I don't even think this would be possible in prison or factions with how the PvP areas are organized being in the same world as the spawn.

I have never experienced any trouble with FPS lag because of the number of cosmetics and/or players. In bigger Minecraft Servers this is needed of course because well their player count is just way higher and it comes to the point where it causes lag. But for McCentral this isn't really the case.

That being said, I don't know if people who play on a toaster that descend from 1990 are having the same experience as me. I've never heard too many people complain about it so I think it's fine? But not sure about that. The idea is cool and I always like small 'quality of life' changes to be implemented, so this one as well. But I don't think it's necessary to be added which brings us to Zonafers reply

Having minigame content out should be the priority in my opinion and not having our lobby look better and nicer. So I would rather have an idea like this to be put on hold for a bit longer until there is the time to have an idea like this implemented.

Overall good idea, just not urgent. Thanks for the input!

10sec and micunmuted like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.