New command for party plugin

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Acid_Hunter, May 25, 2021.

?

Should we be able to toggle party chat? If so, which command would you prefer?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2021.
  1. /party chat toggle

28.6%
  2. /party chat

57.1%
  3. don't add the command

7.1%
  4. Other (Comment down below)

7.1%
  1. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Ability to toggle party chat
    Reasons as of why I think it will be a good feature
    There are probably a lot of players on the server that have encountered the same thing as I did a little less than a month ago. Accidentally pasting someone's email in chat while doing an IRL deal to just quickly confirm that the email is correct for GC's. This will of course lead into to a perm mute. (will of course be appealable in 1 month if its an accident) This can be fixed with a new command for the party plugin and with the recent changes to a couple of different plugins, this will be a great new feature & of course will save some people from getting perm mutes on their punishment history.

If you have any questions/feedback please leave it down below!

Note: Poll will close after 7 days of this post being up!

2. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey there.

This has already been suggested before and Alex has given feedback on the issues with this, I'll just summarise what he said.
    The problem is getting the party chat toggle to respect the other chat systems on the network, for example Island Chat or Faction Chat. It's something that MCC is looking to introduce when more time is available (after revamp).

Nevertheless, a very good suggestion and would love to see it implemented, just isn't as easy as simply adding a toggle command for it.

fattr and BlockyBeach like this.
  3. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Isn't it a good idea to add it to /is chat when you're on skyblock? (if ur in a party)?

4. 10sec

10sec
    Hello, Acid!

I love your suggestion, and this is definitely something that must be added as soon as the owners have the time to focus on it, as seeing that this will help users not only time-wise but also avoiding unnecessary punishments as you've mentioned.

As 89p has said above, there are some certain conflicts with this suggestion due to the multiple sub-servers and therefore multiple commands throughout the whole network. However, one thing that could actually work out perfectly would use the same idea as in CTF and UHC: /chat.
    By doing /chat (within a sub-server, lobby, or minigame), the user would be able to choose between chats - public, party chat, team chat, faction chat (as it is obviously indirectly intended to show that if you're not in a party, nor playing a minigame with teams/UHC nor playing factions, those options won't be available).

This would be a simple and efficient solution, and I suppose would work just fine.

Have a nice day x

Acid_Hunter likes this.
  5. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello Acid_hunter,
    I feel like it would be way easier if they could just have /chat p, as it would be way easier instead of /chat party or /party chat. Thats my personal opinon. I feel like it would be more convenient then /party chat. (probably because I am lazy lol)

6. jemelina

jemelina
    Heya

This is something that many players, including me hopes for and hopefully we will be able to have that in the future. At least I keep also messing up /pc to every single other command, and end up sending messages in wrong places :D So definitely +1

Have a good day!!

BlockyBeach likes this.
  7. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Well, this is basically the same as /gang chat on prison to switch between chats & /is chat on skyblock. The only difference is of course that its /chat. But then every single of those plugins kinda need to change to /chat instead of /is chat or /gang chat. This is probably harder than just added party chat to /gang & /island chat. Still, great reaction and I appreciate that you like my suggestion :D

Much love,
    Acid_Hunter

8. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Well, it's a 3 letter difference. What I would prefer is that it just gets added to /island chat & gang chat as I mentioned above this message. Since if it would be /party chat or /chat p there has to be a whole new plugin just for party chats. That's harder & time-wasting since it can be added another way. Still, I appreciate that you like my suggestion :D

Much love,
    Acid_Hunter

9. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Yeah, I feel the same way, I also mess it up a lot which is just annoying since sometimes the message cant be said in global chat to prevent a mute which in my case, happened & got muted. (that's also why I ended up making this suggestion.) But of course I appreciate that you like my suggestion :D

Much love,
    Acid_Hunter

10. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    Heya,

From me, it’s a
    +1.
    This is generally something I believe the community would want and something I personally want myself. It is something small but definitely useful, and I believe if it is added it will be used.

-Splat

fattr likes this.
  11. IStrefe

IStrefe
    Hello Asid,
    I agree with this 100%
    +1
    I hope it will be changed soon!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.