New blocks/stuff

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by prominer10, Oct 1, 2019.

1. prominer10

Okey so hey I am playing skyblock for a while and I am waiting for next season and I hop you guys add some new blocks not anymore the basic blocks like the new blocks in 1.14 you can make so many nice things then and I think skyblock will more popular then like maybe new spawners from the new mobs or something or coral for if you like to make a nice river or something just some ideas !

greets prominer10

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    sky block is 1.8 backend so i don’t think adding in blocks from 1.14 or even 1.9 would ever be happening....
    as for spawners, what mobs are you thinking of (1.8) ‘cause i think the options they got atm seem to work p well...
    and for coral, not happening...

hope this mentioned all your points..
    ~pup

3. prominer10

Oofff Its like to basic for me right now but is still fun but I want more blocks so you can make beautiful things and can’t you do 1.14 blocks and 1.8 pvp ?

4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ye.. i agree that the 1.14 blocks are cool since you get more options, but tbh i feel like it’d be too many blocks. the “/shop” could have many many pages/categories and having it as 1.8 helps w/ pvp (even though you can be in 1.12, and still have 1.8 pvp), and it just makes it like all the other subservers that are 1.8 backend (except for creative >.<)
    hope this kind ahelped or whatever :theshrug:

5. Syn

Syn

Syntaxvgm
    The problem moving to 1.14 for the time being is performance is terrible, even still pretty bad on paper spigot -it's improving, but stuff like hoppers are still a huge performance drag. 1.14 is terrible for servers, and downright unacceptable for a server as large as this. 1.12 might be a better option in the future, but a lot of servers like MC central are holding out for a new version that improves performance. Also, likely it means that many subservers have to move at once, and that's a ton of plugins to update/test/replace for each subserver in a new version. Heck, for skyblock alone that would mean moving from ASkyblock to BSkyblock likely.

It also appears whatever major release of minecraft is coming probably will not bring performance improvements, based on what we see from snapshots. 1.14 is so bad, it is seriously worse than I'm making it sound.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.