Nerf Bows in CTF (Capture The Flag)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by xABC_, Mar 4, 2021.

?

,suggest PLEASE nerf bows on CTF. I am a factions main, but I know that almost everyone can agree as

1. Agree

83.3%
  2. Disagree

16.7%
  1. xABC_

PLEASE nerf bows on CTF. I am a factions main, but I know that almost everyone can agree aslong as you have played just one game of CTF, that bows are stupidly overpowered. 2 Hits and I'm left with 1 heart.

2. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    I completely agree here. I hate that bowspammersn can kill someone so easily and on certain maps (seclusion and eruption + a few others). My suggestion would be to either remove infinity or remove power therefore making them not as overpowered. Definitely a +1.

Edit: Spelling

#2 LeafyTiger24, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  3. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    I see where you are coming from. They are pretty op.

4. _Noxid

_Noxid
    Yeah, bows need nerf. I'm sure it's coming in the upcoming minigame revamp that apparently is coming "soon"

5. Nikki_

Nikki_
    hey there,
    As noxid said this is something that will be taken into account with the upcoming mini games revamp. Personally (and this is something I have no other opinions on :flushed:) I believe that in CTF arrows should be limited, say for example only 20 are given to you at the start. If you kill a player, you receive 10 more arrows. As well as this I feel that bows should be unenchanted. I think we can all agree it sucks to be bow spammed, and especially since the bows are very powerful its easy to die. By limiting arrows to become a "reward" as such, and nerfing bows down to default this seems to be a decent solution to both issues. Again, I haven't actually had much feedback on this opinion so if you've got any let me know what you think!
    -Nikki

6. 10sec

10sec
    Hey there!

As people have said above, it is indeed a pretty recurring problem and, personally speaking, I believe that bows should be nerfed.
    I believe that a pretty fair way to do so would be implementing a 1kill-1arrow system, so basically for each kill you'd get 1 arrow (or 2, which are pretty similar when compared).

Thank you for reading my opinion! :)

7. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey xABC_! I hope you are having a lovely day!

As people have mentioned in there above replies, I 100% agree that bows should be nerfed in CTF. There could be many suggestions like removing power 1 from the bows and keeping infinity, removing infiinity and keeping power 1 with the user having a specific number of arrows of and as Equivalently and Nikki said a 1kill-1arrow system etc. I think any of these suggestions would be great ideas. Obviously, This is a +1 from me, great suggestion.

Have a great rest of your day / night!
    DM me on discord if you have any (:
    -boom

8. Bruno

iBrunoow
    The thing that I hate the most about CTF is certainly the bow spammers, they just ruin the game. Nerfing the bows in that minigame is something a lot of people have been asking for ages. I agree with what people said above and that's a +1 from me.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.