Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

My Experiences

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stgeo, Nov 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stgeo

In response to the thread stating that staff don’t care I am going to share my stance.

For those who are unaware I was recently scammed irl by xiiaodi1 when trying to purchase Iron Rank, I was exchanging a £10 gift card for the rank. We were talking on Snapchat and long story short I sent the code just to be blocked moments later, ngl this made me a little sad.

Immediately after I make this aware to Nikki_ , informing them of what had happened just to be told that basically there is nothing that they can do because “scamming is allowed”.

When I posted a link to my evidence on Imgur in chat I was subsequently muted for 12 hours by Insaneismyname. it is important to note that many players deemed my evidence suitable, backing up all accusations I had made.

Long story short, My report was denied and I’ve lost my money. I feel that staff on the whole do a good job but believe some of the rules on the server make little to no sense, simply promoting the real life scamming of innocent players.
    Xiiaodi1 if you are reading this I hope you enjoy that £10 which you scammed.
    Please don’t be angered by my thread

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    if the link you posted was truely a link to mcc website or related to mcc etc then appeal the mute despite the fact that it’s expired. if you truely believe it’s false, then appeal it. if you’ve already appealed and you disagree with the response, then talk to a staff member higher up (mentor/admin team), and situate it there.
    it’s not the fact that staff don’t care, it’s that somebody reported you and InsaneIsMyName was just doing their job of going through the list of chatreports. mistakes can happen, that is why mcc has the option for players to appeal punishments they’re given if they think it is false.

next time, to avoid irl scamming, have a middleman there to moderate your sales/trading.

creating these types of posts to, almost kinda, rant does not fix these issues you have not does it bring effective awareness to the staff team.

Swinger, Ahnxious, Spiriten and 3 others like this.
  3. Swinger

Swinger
    The thread will remain locked, just clearing up a few things so there's no confusion.

Firstly, I want to point out that you were exchanging him a Google Play gift card, not an MCC gift card. Bear in mind that this is not allowed on the server - use MCC store items or in-game money for trades in the future.

Secondly, I can understand your frustration at your mute. However, if you were posting the evidence I saw from your report in chat (Snapchat screenshots) then unfortunately we do consider that unrelated links. Considering you were discussing MCC content ON Snapchat though, I'd always recommend appealing those mutes :smiley:

Thirdly, after looking over the evidence that you sent through via report ticket, it definitely should have been denied.
    1. You were on Prison, where scamming IS allowed.
    2. The evidence you sent through was insufficient to have the player punished regardless.

You were scammed here because you weren't going about a rank upgrade the right way (not MCC related money) and someone else took advantage of that. There are a few things you can do in future to make sure that this doesn't happen to you. As puposaurus mentions, always have a staff middleman when doing IRL trades, or even small trades in-game. You should also never do IRL money for rank trades on Prison or Factions, as the chances of you getting scammed are significantly higher (generally don't do those full stop - just buy the rank yourself).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.