Mute Guidelines

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by CoolElla, Mar 29, 2020.

1. CoolElla

CoolElla
    Mute Appeals

I personally believe that this suggestion would benefit both the MCC staff and players.

If A player/user gets muted for a short period of time ( Any amount of time less than a perm mute) , a suggestion I have is that you should be able to message staff members to ask what you were banned for. This would save the need for Staff members and players alike to log onto discord for 20 mins just to find a certain staff members Discord @ ,and clog up staff members private messages.

As well as this I feel you should be able to communicate with your faction on factions and on skyblock with your island team using /f c f and /island team chat. As these players wouldn't be affecting the wider community and would make it a much nicer environment for those who are muted.

Yukihira likes this.
  2. CatBoyFable

fablesoul
    Hey there!
    There is something similar to this called Punishment Search. All you have to do is put in your IGN, and you’ll see the reason, time, and who punished you. And, if this option was implemented, I believe that staff member would just get constantly spammed and belittled because some people become very vocal about their punishment. So -1 for me.

I’m pretty sure there’s a /f chat on factions; however, I’m not too sure in skyblock since I don’t play the game.

Hope this helps!
    Fable.

puposaurus and mxbel like this.
  3. CoolElla

CoolElla
    Hello Fable ,

Maybe as a suggestion for the whole spamming the staff team , maybe the muted user should only be able to message the staff member that muted them in the first place.As well as this maybe you could implement the original idea of /eignore {User} for that staff member if the muted user is being aggressive or just simply spamming them.

I don't believe the whole idea of /f chat doesn't work with when a user is muted , so is a little bit of a pain for the leader of the faction and the member that is muted , and I believe its the same with skyblock.

Thankyou for taking your time to read and reply to this forum and for the help.

- CoolElla

4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    howyHeyHey! as a member who’s been around mcc for awhile and been muted over 25 times, I can semi-see where you’re coming from, but i don’t think this suggestion would work. if a player gets muted, there’s many ways to see what you were muted for, aside from punishment searches and attempting to talk and giving the reason there, you can dm the staff (as you mentioned), and appeal. although both can take a little time while waiting for a response, they are the really the best options to see what you were muted for. Also, if your punishment says “CR” you can ask any staff what you were muted for, since they have access to your chat logs from what lead to your mute.
    I don’t think muted players being able to “/m staff to ask what they were muted for” would work since (1) if a player is muted, they should stay completely muted. there are always cases where players get false muted, but those aren’t as common. (2) as you already mentioned, it can get abused and players can spam message staff, and staff wouldn’t be able to mute them since they are already muted. (3) when staff are ingame, they usually are busy doing something or helping another player and can’t always assist you in game. there’s been times where i ask a staff who muted a friend to ask them what they were muted for, and they redirected me to their dms. meaning that, they were busy in game handling something else n such.

overall, i don’t think this would benefit both sides a whole lot than how it already works now // -1

there is, but you cannot use either while muted. f chat u can get away with sev1 and sev2 chat offenses w/o getting muted, but island team chat, you cannot.

Yukihira, MasterChheda and CoolElla like this.
  5. CoolElla

CoolElla
    Replying to Puposaurus

Puposaurus , I completely agree with the whole spamming of staff problem .

However the whole idea of factions and skyblock is working as a team , if a user is muted it then defeats the point . As well as this i’d like to point out you don’t get muted for being offensive / rude in faction chat so there wouldn’t be any harm caused by being able to talk in there .

Maybe it would benefit skyblock players as well but i’m not 100% sure if you can get muted for being offensive in skyblock island team chat.

I feel like being able to talk in faction chat would be a way of punishing a rude / offensive user without ruining their whole gameplay. This would also work as / f tag is restricted to mod+.

- CoolElla x

6. puposaurus

puposaurus
    you can use 3rd party things like labychat or or discord like many factions use. i'm not sure how skyblock does it, because ew
    on factions, you can get muted for saying offensive/rude things, but if it is in your faction chat, no you can't. I personally don't see an issue with that since it's considered a private chat and factions generally has a more toxic vibe. as far as skyblock goes, I can't say much since I don't really play that subserver
    nani?

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.