Movie Review: Zodiac

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joshy, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Joshy

*Before I start this off, in no way should my opinions determine how you view this movie, I have done barely any movie reviews in the past so this is gonna be kinda rough.

Movies are something that I hold near and dear to my heart. If a movie has the power to manipulate how I see my surroundings, I believe that it has done a good job. The movie Zodiac starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr., and Mark Ruffalo certainly made me look back twice at the historic events that took place just hours from where I was born.
    -
    Growing up, I heard about serial killers such as the Zodiac killer, Ted Bundy, Jack the Ripper, et cetera, but never really looked into them. Through the recent revival in the Ted Bundy cases thanks to the Netflix documentary series, "Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes", I started thinking about one of the only serial killers who has evaded the police force.
    -
    Through this recent interest and my already growing love for the three main characters, I decided to give the movie a chance and watch it. This movie put me through an emotional rollercoaster making me scared, nervous, happy, and confused. Several scenes in this movie genuinely had me wondering if I was going to scream and wake everyone up in my house, or silently sit there and wonder how I got here.
    -
    This movie deserved every point out of its astonishing 89% on Rotten Tomatoes due to its amazing storytelling, excellent score composed by David Shire, and cinematography. The way this movie was written forced me to be sucked in and I barely ever looked away. Music can either make or break a movie, and the music within this movie was able to make my heart sink or rise depending on the scenes. Different musical ques were brought out for different characters making everything feel slowed down whenever the Zodiac killer is on screen.
    -
    Honestly, this might have been one of my favorite movies that I have watched all Summer. Even though the movie is nearing three hours long, it felt much longer. But don't think I meant that negatively, in fact, its quite the opposite. This movie made me want to crave more since it felt so long. It made me analyze everything in every scene. I truly felt like a detective working alongside the characters while watching Zodiac.

Thanks for reading my review on the movie "Zodiac". I'm trying to get better at writing movie reviews since I'm in my journalism program at my school, and they are really fun to write. Please let me know if I should continue writing more of these, and what I could do better.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.