Movie Review: Secret Obsessions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joshy, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Joshy

*Before I start this off, in no way should my opinions determine how you view this movie, I have done barely any movie reviews in the past so this is gonna be kinda rough.

Have you ever wondered what happened to London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody after she moved out of the hotel? Neither did I, but this is what I got. Of course, this isn't a part 2 for the popular Disney Channel show from the late 2000s, but it does star the actress for London, Brenda Song.
    -
    The movie is both a romantic movie and a murder mystery. I know, that's hard to pull off, but they did it anyway. The first act of the movie makes us believe something about the characters, then the second act slowly hints towards the opposite, and the third finally reveals that we have been wrong the whole time.
    -
    I didn't expect much when I saw this movie on Netflix and read the score of 29% from Rotten Tomatoes, but I was actually astonished at what managed to come out of this movie. Many things from the cinematography to the musical score added to make this movie a spectacle to watch.
    -
    Although my brain is slightly cloudy due to the time that I watched this movie, the plot wasn't that hard to understand. As the Netflix description says "when Jennifer wakes up with amnesia after a traumatic attack, her doting husband cares for her. But she soon realizes that danger is far from over", we get the picture that Jennifer was attacked and somehow manipulated to forget about her past, but that is far from the truth. In reality, Jennifer is hit by a car whilst evading murder.
    -
    Overall, I truly enjoyed watching this movie and would recommend anyone with Netflix to watch it. Since this is a Netflix original film, the only place to watch it is on Netflix.

Thanks for reading my review on the movie "Secret Obsession". I'm trying to get better at writing movie reviews since I'm in my journalism program at my school, and they are really fun to write. Please let me know if I should continue writing more of these, and what I could do better.
    Cheers!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.