Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

More Secret Rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smashhhh, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    • Did you know that there are rules that some have to follow and others are exempt from? I didn’t, that’s for sure. Until I saw an exchange go down in the #Support channel of McCentrals Discord server.

Here we watched as the user “Hentuto” reported a Discord user by the name of “Minecraft/Btd6” for “Advertising” because he was sent an unsolicited Server Invite. This is normal. I’ve seen it happen dozens of times and even requested to have it done a few times. The person was always punished by means of a ban (per the rules which state “Sharing a join link of other Discord servers which are not part of the MCCentral network.” And I’m fact this situation was no different and the user “Minecraft/Btd6” was banned.

Ok so now we know that person was rightfully banned. But why wasn’t the next person who was reported banned? When he did exactly the same thing? Sending an unsolicited “Join link”.

Well this is where it gets interesting... McCentral helper ItsGui refused to punish the user “19cm” because “he’s a donor” and saying that it would take “3+” reports of him breaking the rules to be punished.

Keep in mind that someone was just punished for doing the same thing but he was banned immediately because he wasn’t a donor!

Naturally I asked on the supper channel to clarify what I had seen. Only to receive the response by McCentral “PorkChoph3x” saying that “If someone invites just you to a discord its not advertising“. If that is true, then countless players have been getting false banned for “Advertising” including “Minecraft/Btd6” who was banned just minutes before. And when I asked about that, both ”PorkChop3hx” and “AyeItsBeck” stopped responding to me.

On top of that, ItsGui claimed that because “19cm” was a donator, then he wouldn’t ban until he “advertised” “3+” times. But if it weren’t advertising as “PorkChoph3x” said then he would have just informed us that he wasn’t breaking the rules. Just as Senior Moderator “AyeItsBeck” told us “Its normally for mass advertising where another mc server sends out links to a bunch of people in the mcc discord”. Even though the rules clearly state that it is punishable with one link. And it was demonstrated not minutes before.

Either many players including “Minecraft/Btd6” have been falsely punished for “Advertising” and staff members have been understanding the rule wrong or these players including “Minecraft/Btd6” have been rightfully banned and “19cm” was not banned because he is a donator and they are exempt from the rules until they break them 3+ times as ItsGui said.

Photographic evidence is of course down below
    839DBEE5-9EF1-43E5-91F1-3965E76459C1.jpeg F7A6D273-C7A3-4239-AEC1-378FBFEA7367.jpeg 6A3FBEA6-F5AB-4D83-AF57-D4C2A8F1BED4.jpeg 499EDF19-F4B2-4F35-9BF2-29D5E1A5437D.jpeg E396C255-E2F5-4A43-9919-7D31B9F2E660.jpeg 9383AF55-4C08-49D6-AB9A-F7902BB38679.jpeg C3CD18A7-708F-480E-93C6-0C5E016DD3EB.jpeg

Thank you for reading!
    -Smashhhh

Flame4206 likes this.
  2. guih

guihzy
    Hello
    To clarify what happened, I did not punish 19cm.
    I punished the other guy because he had just made his account and he had just joined the server. That sounded like as if the guy was joining to dm other people and invite them to that server. Whereas 19cm has had his account for quite a while, has the donator tag and etc.
    To sum up, I didnt punish 19cm since he’s a donor and does not want to spam ads. All members should follow the rules and will be punished if caught breaking any.
    (I also told hentuto in DMs, since he’s muted in the community discord, to report the person to discord for sending that invite link.)
    Have a nice one

3. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    So what you’re saying is that you didn’t punish 19cm because he is a donor. I’m fairly certain that the rules do not say that “”Sharing a join link of other Discord servers which are not part of the MCCentral network” are punishable unless the player is a donator””

4. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

The original rule is you need to Mass Ad in PM's in order to receive a ban (3+)
    The account you are talking about is an alt newly generated account that is ban evading so it gets an automatic ban once caught.
    19cm is not an alt that was newly generated so it has to result in 3+ users getting messaged to be banned.

Please do not insert yourself into scenarios like this as it does not concern you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.