More Options for ArenaPVP

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Reeme, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Reeme

Reeme
    Hello! I’ll be discussing more options to bring into ArenaPVP and why these options can help bring in the flow of new players. As you know, there is a low player count, at certain times, in the arena. I suggest adding more kits, such as the kits on the Wager Duels, to bring in more people. Along with this, I believe something should be done with the lag which is occurring in the arena.

Here are the options (including the Wager Duels outcasts) that I feel should be included:
    Gearless: The players spawn in the duel with no gear and would fist fight to see who wins. This would be in a wager duel.
    Insta Kill: The players spawn with a sharpness X sword. The first person to land a hit wins.
    Dizzy: The players spawn with nausea, an iron sword, a bow, and some arrows. Nausea makes it harder to hit the player, since the screen is “spinning”.

Jumper: The players will spawn with jump boost IV, and your typical armor. The jump boost makes it harder to attack and kill the other player.
    Sumo: The players will spawn on a small island with nothing in their inventory. They will have to knock the other player off the island, therefore killing the other person and winning.
    Dual Wield: The players spawn with a diamond sword with sharpness 1 and an iron sword with a fire aspect. The player would swap in between these swords to deal the most damage.
    Lumber: The players spawn with an axe as well as a bow and some arrows.

Pros
    • Adding more options will increase activity within the sub-server.
    • With there being more options, there will be more skills to learn and improve on.
    • Currently, there are 9 options to choose from ArenaPVP. Adding the ones I stated above will create more options to choose from with a wider variety of skills.
    • Ultimately, adding more options will promote more people to join the sub-server and have fun with friends.
    Cons
    • When dueling other plays I notice their pings spike making their gameplay very laggy.
    • Adding such options may not have any effect on increasing people's activity.

In conclusion, I believe the addition of these kits will bring more players to Arena! Although it’s a little sub-server, it’s still fun to gather friends and PvP - especially with these options getting added- since there will be more to explore! Please let me know what you think, and have a good day/night!

puposaurus, fedham and CatBoyFable like this.
  2. Eleung_musk

eleung
    I would agree with your points. However, ArenaPvP is very dead and not a lot of people use it. I mean the only time I’ve seen it alive is when people warm up for UHC and well, other than that, to most it would serve no purpose. I think that using ArenaPvP as a warm up ground is not bad because it would be effective for a lot of players. For example, I want to warm up for skywars. Usually, I go to skywars, play a bunch of games and there, I’m all warmed up. However, if they could add duels like ‘The bridge’ or 1v1 skywars, it would be much more enjoyable and people would actually use it as a place to do well.

One problem I have is with the jumper class. When I play ArenaPvP, I get kicked because I’m too laggy and it says that kicked for modified client. Therefore, it doesn’t make much sense to add a class where you do get some weird hit registrations and you’ll probably end up getting kicked, it’s just a matter of who first. So if they can fix the anti cheat on that, it’ll be all good but if they can’t even do something that crucial, I don’t think they will add these classes.

forgranted likes this.
  3. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey eleung,

I agree with some of the points you're making with arena PVP being dead and all; I presented the ideas stated above to be a possible solution to make this sub-server more active. Also, I like your idea of having a skyward style of the duel; this would be a great way of warming up without running your stats on the minigame. I think adding a duel (per minigame) would be an excellent way for players to warm-up.

With that being said, the lag and the anti-cheat I do agree on poses a problem. Develops are currently in the process of coding a new system; getting a pre-made one I feel would only make the problem worst. Pre-made ones are easier to overrule, and encrypting one fresh would help mitigate the number of hackers.

To sum it all up, I think adding a few more classes could help bring the sub-server alive and hopefully help players, such as ourselves, warm-up, learn, and improve on new skills. As for everything else, I hope to soon see something in the future.

Have a great day/night. See you in-game. :)

4. forgranted

inhabited
    So, he did agree with the idea of adding new classes but, he suggested some other ones that might attract more players also. That's all I have to say about the classes.
    As for you saying "I think adding a few more classes could help bring the sub-server alive and hopefully help players,-"
    It completely negates the whole fact/point he was trying to make. There is no reason there should be a revival by adding new classes/or different duels until the anti-cheat is fixed. Players oftentimes don't care what duel their doing if they are experiencing lag and/or connection issues. It often results in a leave from the sub-server and sometimes causing the player to reset Minecraft to have it occur again. Basically, the server would stay dead because no one wants to deal with the issues of the current anti-cheat. If the anti-cheat gets fixed, then I would love to see a revival or revamp of the sub-server. Good ideas with the classes, but it is definitely not the most important issue currently with the server.[/QUOTE]

5. ltself

ltself
    Hey, I really like these suggestions. I am quite unsure about the servers pvp mechanics and knock back for certain modes such as sumo can be iffy in regards to that. I hope to see these being added in the near future.

6. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hey there,
    Sumo duels should definitely be added to the /duel function as well, as they are a fun and less competitive 1v1, which makes them more popular. However, no one really plays Arena seriously on MCC, its a dead sub server and while your suggestions are good, they wont help.
    - olo

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.