More CTF Suggestion!!!!1!1111

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Lexxonist, May 22, 2020.

1. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    I'm trying to exclude suggestions that I've made already or have been made already such as more maps, anticheat, less powerful bows, etc.

1) Change to ending

This one may be very debatable but,

currently in Capture The Flag, once the time (15min) runs out, the winning team is chosen by the highest amount of kills, or it draws if the kills are the same amount.

My idea is that if one or both of the teams have the flag when time runs out, it goes into 'Overtime' which is an additional 5 or so minutes which allows the people with the flag an extra chance.

In addition to this, there could be a kill amount that the team needs to reach excluding the kills from the first 15 minutes. For example, both teams need to get 20 kills and the first to do so in Overtime, wins. This kill goal would also help for when players hold onto the flag to annoy the rest of the team.

If either the flag isn't captured or this kill goal isn't met, it will result to the current way which is through highest kills.

This feature would allow another chance to those who got the flag.

2) Nearly pointless stuff

- Kills, Deaths and KDR is displayed in chat at the end
    - Top 3 killers is displayed in chat

3) Utilisation of Action Bar of messages / Changes to messages
    The "PLAYER has stolen the flag" and similar messages should be moved to the action bar (above hotbar) instead of as a title (full screen message) as that is disruptive during pvp and parkour.

I also think that messages such as "Your flag has been stolen" should be changed to "Your flag has been stolen by PLAYER", it's just extra information that is honestly pointless since you can see it on the scoreboard, but it's one I'd like to see.

4) Changes to kills (Kill Streaks & Kill Assists)
    This one has been made already but not enough times so I'm going to include it here anyway. There should be kill streaks, they probably do nothing, but it'd be nice to see a message in chat such as "PLAYER has reached a killstreak of 10!". It would also be nice to have kill assists as it is a way to feel like you're useless self is contributing something to the team ;) and plus more credits

10Controls, forgranted and Mxats like this.
  2. Mxats

Mxats
    Hello there!
    I really like all of these ideas especially the little addons which make CTF a little more fun such as the kill streaks and your kdr showing up. I also like the messages you suggested! About number 1, I like this idea but I feel like this could really drag out CTF games, I think it would be nicer if they shorten CTF games to 10 minutes and then a 5 minutes overtime. This will alert the players like stop bow spamming and actually go for the flag but I don't think a lot of people will be happy with 20 min or even longer CTF games since 15 minutes isn't the shortest either.
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

Lewklo, kuieren and Lexxonist like this.
  3. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey Lexxonist :D

It is great seeing some suggestions on how to improve Capture the Flag on MCCentral. Here are my personal thoughts on your suggestions!

1: Change to Ending.

As for your first suggestion, I think that the first part would be fine although I am not a big fan on the 20 kills thing. I just think this would be more complicated and unneeded as the previous kills in the game should be important no matter what. However I am a +1 with the suggestion that if somebody has the flag when the game ends, it goes into Overtime (5mins) for them to get home, but if they die whichever team with the most kills wins. Although, the circumstance could be where one team could win no matter what if the person with the flag is winning on team kills. If both teams have flag then I think that whoever gets back first should win or if they both die the team with most kills wins. I think that the flag should not be obtainable in Overtime however. This is an OK suggestion overall. It may be too complicated to be added to Capture the Flag but not a bad idea. :D

2: Nearly pointless stuff.

As for your second suggestion, I don't really get what you mean by "- Kills, Deaths and KDR is displayed in chat at the end" but I am a +1 on the Top 3 killers displayed in chat at the end of the game. This could show who was the strongest as maybe the people with lots of kills didn't try and get flag. Hope this gets added.

3: Utilisation of Action Bar of messages / Changes to messages

As for your third suggestion, I have heard people not liking how much room it takes on screen, but to be honest I like it. I think it should be toggle-able maybe but I don't look at chat 24/7 and I may not notice so I am a -1 to this. As for your flag has been stolen by (player) I am a +1, I see nothing wrong with it and it is beneficial to see who has stolen flag most to see who you should keep an eye on :D

4: Kill Streaks and Assists

Your final suggestion is OK, but I don't really like the idea of assists. It seems pointless and too complicated. Streaks are OK, but I would rather them be private not a public message as this may cause annoyance if you don't care but on your own side by could be cool :D

Overall pretty neat suggestions.
    Thanks again!
    -Me

4. forgranted

inhabited
    Hey there Lexxonist.
    I agree with many of these ideas.
    1. I also do believe that the ending should be changed and it shouldn't just be first to these kills win; but if the flag is captured, then yes, the game should be over. An idea I have, would be to do last player standing wins. So for example, the last person who survived, is <PLAYER1> and they are on blue team. Blue team would win. This idea is controversial but overall for your idea, +0.5
    2. The rest of this stuff. I completely agree with the action bar messages and that they should either be more useful, or put in chat instead. I personally hate it being so big and such a pain. I agree with everything else.
    Sorry I had to cut this short, I am so tired lol.
    Best of luck.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.