More Blacklisted Words

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by PanfilMan_24, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanfilMan_24

I think words like fuck and shit should be blacklisted because they are as bad as any other swear word and it doesn't make sense that all the other swear words are blacklisted but fuck and shit aren't.

2. httpmeme

jakeysoul
    The F and S word isn't as bad as people seems. Yes it's a "curse" word but if you just say it, it wont harm anyone. You're not insulting anyone and if you are using it to insult someone then it is considered to be Disrespect - Sev 1. I don't see the point as adding them as Blacklisted Words.

Have a lovely day/night/afternoon! <3

-meme

3. Reaper_270

Reaper_270
    I would prefer if we didn't add common curse words to the blacklist. As long as they're not directed at people I think they should be allowed. This is the internet, you'll see a lot worse.

4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    swearing is something that's allowed on the server. as mentioned above, as long as it aint directed towards someone i dont see a need to add a filter/blacklist those words. and although they're prolly directed towards people majority of the time, adding a filter to 'em isnt gonna do any better.
    theres many many ways to bypass the f and s word. ranging from adding spaces b e t w ee n the l e tt ers and also putting per.i.ods., using lett3rs and special characters like the laby mod letters...

overall, i dont thinkg implementing this would happen // -1

~puposaurus

5. Ressurecting

Ressurecting
    I have to agree with httpmeme, if you have an issue with what someone has said or if it was said in a disrespectful manner, you can always do /chatreport (playername) (Reason) and the last 10 minutes of whatever that player has typed will be sent to staff to review. If they believe that it is sufficient they will be punished accordingly. Of course there are kids on the server, but most of the time it is the younger generation that is using the profane language.

httpmeme likes this.
  6. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Hey there!

To add to what the others have said, there is a limit of three swear words as to how many swear words you can put in a message. And plus even if they did add this to the filter, like the others said people mainly use this for disrespect and Player Disrespect is the same punishment as Filter bypass. If you want to check the rules you can always check them here! Have an awesome day!
    https://mccentral.org/community/rules/

7. TrippedUp

TrippedUp
    Hello!
    Blacklisted words are not meant to harbor people from regular cuss words. There are mods for that on Minecraft where cuss words will be censored for you. But the point of blacklisting words is to prevent players from saying racist or any discriminatory words or phrases to someone of a specific race or culture. As mentioned above, when directed at another player, it is a punishable offense (Player Disrespect Sev. 1). If you see someone breaking this rule, make sure to /chatreport them to have justice served! Hope this helped!~

8. Timppali

Timppali
    I will lock this thread, as it seems that the idea isn't getting support from the community. I also agree with the comments.

- Thread Locked

Horace_Altman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.