More Active Staff

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by akaBronx, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akaBronx

IHaveNoRights
    So Today, a Player By the name of "Scurvy_Knave" has been spamming racial and really offensive slurs and sentences. I've Reported Him With Chat report and discord . People's chat reports have been denied. I Really think Staff Have to be more active because at the time of this thread being made and posted he is still on the server spamming. Here are some SS's of discord reports and in game http://prntscr.com/onq234 http://prntscr.com/onpzfa http://prntscr.com/onpyvw

2. eyan

Eyan
    I think today was just an off day for the team because I noticed that too. They're really busy people and have a lot to do so it's understandable how there might be times when there are few of them on. I can't see why people's chatreports would be denied, maybe he was chatreported before he broke any rules. The best way to get help is to take a full screenshot and upload it in #support in the discord. Other than that there's really nothing that can be done.

Sorry! Have a nice day.

3. _BxrrySkyes_

and staff that actully arent snowflakes

4. Zguy2000

Papa_PickleZ
    Hi Zoish!

So I have been in training to become a staff member for quite some time... Because of this, I've been learning of the tasks that a staff member has to actually accomplish throughout a day. As you get to know them, you realize that they have actual lives and they cannot do this nearly as much because they are not getting paid. Staff members have jobs, families, and school to be working on. In addition to all of that, keep in mind that time zones are a thing. Some staff may be asleep while you are on, so they are physically unable to even be online haha.

Now, after you set ALL of the reasons for NOT being online aside, the list of jobs staff have to accomplish when they are actually online is beyond extensive. For just a Helper alone (The lowest staff rank) You have to do any support requests you see on the discord, chatreports, Middlemen deals, Answering forums, and do any appeals you might have on players they punished. For any staff higher, they have the same jobs as helper and more. Then you mix that in with Sub-Teams (Such as application team, community events team, QA team, etc) and it quickly becomes 3 hours of work without a moment of free time.

Unfortunately, MCC deals with an insane amount of players who feel the need to deliberately disobey the rules each and every day, therefore keeping the staff beyond swamped. The lack of understanding from players for how busy the staff is is unfortunate, but I can see why it would happen. Lastly, you have to keep in mind that the staff are NOT paid for their work whatsoever and it is completely voluntary to keep yours and other's experience as friendly, enjoyable, and fair as possible. They sacrifice hours and hours of their days to work behind the scenes, then get ridiculed for "Never being on." Like I said, it's really hard to see once you know what really happens on the back end but understandably frustrating for those who don't.

As I apply, I promise to try to be extremely active on EVERY server and be ready and willing to answer support calls whenever they're needed. If I do happen to get promoted, always feel free to message me on Discord (Or in-game if possible) and I'll hopefully be able to help :)

Discord: Zguy2000#2656

Have a nice day/night!
    -Zguy2000

5. Hey!

I understand from your perspective that it may be annoying that you do not receive chat-reports or forum-reports instantly. However, you must understand that it is not just you who are reporting. The server has over 2000 players playing at the same time, which means that are likely 40/50 open reports at one moment. Reviewing the evidence takes a really long time and I think that that you should also appreciate the fact that these staff members are working because they are trying to help. If you are really annoyed by someone, just use ./eignore [username].

6. Invader

Most Staff Members have lives outside of Minecraft, that's the truth.
    Don't expect all staff to be online at once, it's unlikely - especially since there are many staff in different timezones/regions (NA/SA/EU/AU).
    Chatreports are dealt with by members of the Staff Team often, however - we don't do them every second of the day.
    It may take longer, depending on how many we have open and same goes with Forum Reports.
    Also, Staff Members are active, we just play on other sub-servers or in vanish.

Thread Locked​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.