Mod disguises

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akhu, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Should mods have disguises?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2019.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. The server should invest in alts for staff members

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akhu

I have posted something like this before on the forums but i would like to fix my past idea.

I have been in many instances where staff are trying to get the hacker but the hacker keeps logging off because they are aware that they are staff and it just becomes a chasing game. My solution is just to give the mods the ability to disguise or nick themselves as any user in minigames, especially skywars so the hackers would stay in the same game as mods for them to be banned.

Just yesterday i posted an ign of a hacker who needs to get banned in the #Support channel in the MCC Discord. After many games of the hackers logging off the mod said this:

Which if is unclear it sais that he tried to chase the hackers for six games now but he cant because the hackers know he is staff. upload_2019-8-14_11-37-40.png

I Then got another staff member to try and in the end it took three staff members to find the hacker.

I have another example of where a mod went on their alt to ban the hacker, but if that alt gets known, which is less unlikely but still a possibility it might be the same.

I would love to hear your opinions on this guys.

~ Akhu

2. Rayudu

Rayudu
    this is a good idea as long as mods don't abuse it and use it for malicious purposes. I have faith in the staff team that this wont happen tho!!!

3. Plsyes

Truthfullys
    Hey :)

I think this could be a good idea. I haven’t really experienced this before but if it is a problem then they can add it. I have talked to a couple of staff members who told me that they are getting a new anti cheat soon. I think they should focus on getting the new anti cheat and try it out. If hackers keep bypassing the system then it definitely should be added :).

4. xXPuffleXx

I disagree with this, staff members can already hide with ./vanish

UrbanDictionaryy, guih and puposaurus like this.
  5. Akhu

Staff members cannot do /vanish in minigames.

#5 Akhu, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  6. Shadowkiller

xSyphlexMC
    I think it would be a great idea to add /nick for staff members that way they can join minigames and hackers won't just log off.
    In my opinion it should be added to the Youtuber rank as well to prevent the youtuber to be targetted. As of now there is just one youtuber on but in the future it would be good for this to be added.
    In the subserver this wouldn't be needed as there is just /staffmode to spectate but in minigames this would be great

7. Akhu

Agreed :)

8. Jowz

Betraya
    I agree, it's a very good idea especially when it's a chasing game between the mod and the hacker.

9. wunderly

wunderly
    I definitely can agree with this idea, especially since the hackers can't go off and hide from staff so they don't get caught.

10. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

This type of feature is already in work in progress :)

We however have to first work on more higher priorities at the moment then move down the scale.

At the current moment when hackers attempt to escape me, I just get on an alt because you can’t escape me. >:)

EDIT: For people who mention vanish, that doesn’t work in Mingames :(

11. guih

guihzy
    I see how this could be abused by the youtubers: when they’re streaming people would target them anyways, and as for recording videos, it’s useless as they can insert abusive nicknames as well.

12. Maffy1230

CONOTUR
    Hey Akhu,

I completely agree, of course when the staff member would use this command, they wouldn't be able to participate in the game anymore. Great idea!

~Maffy

Hugh Mungus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.