Minigames Improvements

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Quixxo, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Quixxo

Quixxo
    - More kits/things to use credits on
    - "Minigames Staff" (similar to factions staff) to have less hackers
    - No Ender Pearl cool down (Hypixel has this and it works fine) (skywars)
    - Improve anticheat (I know everyone says this but I'm putting it anyways)
    - Spawn with a wood sword (cakewars)
    - Make cakewars less laggy (maybe just me but I get glitched into blocks a ton on cakewars but not other minigames)
    - Give people less arrows (capture the flag)

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! Here are my opinions on the things that you listed:

More kits/things to buy with credits
    I'd say that's a good thing to add. A lot of players have thousands of credits piled up, and nowhere to spend them. The idea of a /pay command for credits has been brought up before, although this defeats the purpose of play to win, if people with friends who have played for longer could just ask for credits and not have to play the game as long as everyone else. On the other hand, though, if they added more things to buy with credits, then people who have played for longer will have even more of an advantage than other people. For example, currently on skywars, players don't get ender pearls unless they've bought that kit with credits. Overall, I'd say +0.5 on this, since they should add more things to buy with credits but not enough to make the game unfair to play.

Addition of Minigames Staff
    I don't think they should do this. This has already been brought up a while ago on the forums, although I believe that it's not necessary. The only game that would really benefit from this is skywars, since everyone knows there's so many hackers there. However, while there are hackers on other minigames, they are not as abundant as skywars, and so an entire sub-team would not be essential. A lot of staff members would apply for the minigames staff team, and so then it takes staff members out of the sub-servers, where they are also needed, to help players or remove spammers/hackers there. -0.5

No ender pearl cooldown for skywars
    If they implement this, they should still keep the 1 minute cooldown at the start of the game. With the 1 minute cooldown at the start, it allows people who don't spawn with ender pearls to have time to bridge to the center island. It also gives time for people to make a diamond sword, if necessary, or bridge to other islands. However, not including the 1 minute cooldown at the start, they should probably reduce the cooldown time for all players. They could still keep the perk bought by credits for the reduced cooldown, although in general they should be decreased. It's an often occurrence for me that I still have 9 or 10 seconds left on the cooldown when I had used a pearl over 30 seconds ago. If they reduced the minimum cooldown to 15 seconds or so, that should make it better. +1 for reducing them, but not removing.

- Obviously the anticheat needs improval, that has been mentioned many times.
    - I don't play cakewars much, so I won't comment on your cakewars suggestions.

Less arrows on CTF
    I don't think they should do this. While bow spamming is a constant issue, and quite frankly it seems like the game is broken at times, I don't think limiting the amount of arrows, adding a cooldown, or removing the infinity from the bows is a good idea. People will have to suicide to get arrows back, if they have a limited supply, and bow spammers often die a lot, compared to people who go for the flag, so this will result in the bow spammers staying and people who don't bow spam as much dying. They should just remove the power 1 from the bows, or give better armor than just leather, since 1 arrow shot can take up to 5 full hearts of damage, meaning players will die with just 2-4 arrows, starting at full health. +1 for removing the power from the bows, but -1 to limiting the arrows in any way.

These are just my opinions, have a great day!

3. Melodieee

Melodieee
    Hey there!
    I feel like more kits would take up more inventory space so not quite sure about that. I think the idea of a minigames sub-team alright, it would have staff focus on minigames, but as creeper7777777 said above, it is mainly skywars that has hackers in it. The no ender pearl cool down in my opinion would cause some chaos though. People would be able to spawn kill so not too sure! And about the anticheat, as far as i know they are working on one at the moment, and i'm sure everyone tells everyone who posts about the anticheat, "they are working on one, just report the player." which is all we can do at the moment while we wait patiently for a new anti-cheat :). Overall I do like a some of these ideas!

4. Quixxo

Quixxo
    To reply to Melodieee, I think that for the kits, we don't need kits to stack. You should only get to select one kit at the start of the game. This would prevent them from taking up a large amount of inventory space. Just to clarify, I don't think we need a whole Mini-game sub-team but just a few staff that are dedicated to Minigames as they are where the large majority of hackers hang out. Creeper7777777, I agree that we should keep the non-enderpearl period at the start of the game, but I think that 30 seconds is enough as everyone is done with their chest by then anyways. For CTF, I still think that we should limit arrows melee rarely occur because whenever someone tries to melee, they get bow spammed. Maybe we could have one of those things where you get an arrow every 5 seconds.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.