Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Minecraft folder location.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vanzerrr, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanzerrr

Vanzerrr
    Anyone have an idea on how I can change my minecraft directory? Not letting me for some reason. Thanks :)

2. Nikki_

Nikki_
    heya,
    to get to your .minecraft (which I think is what you're trying to do) follow these steps:

Windows:
    Press Win+R, then type %appdata%\. minecraft, then press Ok. In the Finder, from the Go menu, select 'Go to Folder', then type: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and click Go.

Mac:
    Press ⌘ Command + Space or open the Spotlight popup through the magnifying glass icon on the right of the Menu Bar. Then Type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft and hit ↵ Enter .

I don't think there is any way to change how to get there unfortunately, so you might just have to try it again :)
    -Nikki

Vanzerrr and LeafyTiger24 like this.
  3. xBenz

xBenz
    1. Right click on Minecraft.exe or Minecraft.jar (the launcher) and press "Create Shortcut".
    2. Right click on the new shortcut that gets generated and press "Properties".
    3. At the end of the 'Target' bar, add the following: --workDir {the new working directory}, such as %ProgramData%\.minecraft
      For example, if your new working directory is %ProgramData%\.minecraft, the window should look like this: [​IMG]
    4. Press 'OK' and then run the shortcut, and Minecraft should launch

EX: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\MinecraftLauncher.exe" --workDir W:\Games\Minecraft\.minecraft could be the final Target

Vanzerrr and 89p like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.