Minecraft central server is an idea/suggestion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rony yadav, Jun 11, 2021.

1. rony yadav

What if there were many dozen spawns in a single universe instead of only one?

What if Minecraft had a central superserver that could run an unlimited map with a maximum of 500 players on it?

Builders may establish full-scale nations and civilizations, complete with taxing and protecting governments. Couldn't adventurers go in search of other civilizations and construct highways to and from them? Raiders could construct hidden treasure caches and plot attacks on civilizations. It is possible to fight wars. Diplomacy might be used. Consider the possibilities!

2. IStrefe

IStrefe
    Im truly confused on what you mean with this thread/suggestion, you are saying ''What if minecraft had a central superserver that could run an unlimited map with a maximum of 500 players of it'' The 500 players yes I understand that, but what do you mean with a ''central superserver?''

Second, building full scale nations and civilizations would take a lot of time from the builders, and is basically impossible to pull off. Like If your saying Mc-Central should add like a SMP, with like actual nations and citys, the idea is cool.. but noone would be intrested since it will take a lot of recources to make this, and it will never pay back MC-Central...

Cool idea though, but like next time try to make it more clearly instead of this because I dont think many people will understand what you mean by this
    -IStrefe

fattr likes this.
  3. piki

piki0
    this man is onto something

yungjunior and Martiinn like this.
  4. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    I am going to guess you've written this in another language and translated it to English with Google translate, as much of this makes no sense.

The limiting factor in a Minecraft server is the CPU; we can add heaps of RAM, but because Minecraft runs on a single thread (for the most part), having a top-of-the-line CPU is literally the limit.

From what I understand, you are essentially suggesting the "Towney" game mode; where it's basically SMP but with the addition of an economy and taxes and governing bodies over masses of land.

In theory, it sounds fun, but in practice, these types of sub servers are never fun without hundreds of players; as what fun would it be to 'wage war' on a city that has 1 player.

Likewise, we use a world border in Survival (for example), to keep players within a known area.
    Allowing an unlimited map spreads players out so far they will literally never find each other.

For those reasons, I don't believe it would work well with your suggestions.

BlockyBeach likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.