Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Minecraft Central Ideas/ thoughts - Mega Thread (Please Read)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cocesco, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Cocesco

Oushui
    **I've spend hours making this, and would appreciate it if everyone read this, and gave me their feedback, especially the higher ups**
    Thank you.

Hello all!

You all may, or may not know me, I’ve made a few videos, and really enjoy playing the server, and being a part of the community,
    However, I’ve noticed some glaring issues with the server as a whole, and I am here to identify them, and hopefully make a change.

Before we start, I want to say that I love this server, and am not trying to attack it. I am just writing this as a means to help the server grow more, and help the community as a whole.

With that being said, let’s get into it.

There are a lot of people that play on this server, on weekends it will get close to, or a bit over 3,000 people online at once. After doing some research, I’ve come to realize that this server used to have about 5,500+ people online on weekends. After awing at this, I thought to myself, what made them leave?

Well I think it all boils down into a few reasons, one of those reasons being that they left because,
    • They outgrew the game,
    • They got bored of the game,
    • Or they got bored of the server.
    Now I enjoy playing the game, and the server, but having a drop of about 2,500 players is pretty substantial, and needs to be addressed.

Now I’ll start off with ranks as our first topic, (Mini Games).

Now I am a big fan of mini games, and always have a blast playing, and making videos about them, but as many other people have said, it is no secret that long time players, but mainly paying members, do have quite a reasonable advantage over new coming players, and there has been a lot of new players coming in lately. So how can we fix this?

Ranks Part 1: Mini Games

If someone is going to buy a rank, they are more likely to get the Gold Rank, so I’ll skip Cole and Iron.

Gold Rank: Gold Rank gets the main benefit of Explosive Arrows in Sky Wars, along with a Wolf, and the /Workbench command in Survival Games. Okay this is good, but I understand why there are people who get upset about just getting on a good server, with a wide variety of mini games, and then getting blown up first thing when playing SkyWars. I see lots of people asking where the Explosive Arrow perk is in the Emerald Menu, and it's pretty bad that paying members have a big advantage over non paying members.

Lapis Rank: Now the Lapis ranks does not differ much from Gold rank mini game wise, apart from the fact that they get 2x the amount of credits that anyone else below Lapis rank gets, meaning they can level up twice as fast, allowing them to get better perks, at a faster rate. This is a problem because this makes people who, again, pay more, an even bigger advantage over non-paying players, because now they can max out their perks, and abilities faster.

Emerald rank: Again, this doesn’t have much more to offer mini game wise, than Lapis does, apart from the fact that you get 32 more TnT in SkyWars, which still gives you an unfair advantage over non-paying players, because now you can tnt jump over to mid, or other people’s island, without them being ready. It just isn’t a good thing to have, when this happens time and time again, new people will get tired of it, and eventually leave all together.

Diamond
    Rank: You get to talk in colors, that's really at, I admire this new rank perk the most, from anything before it, because you get interesting colors to talk in? Who doesn’t love that? So aside from the other perks you get with this rank, I like this perk the most so far.

Bedrock Rank: Now this is a big one, and probably the most popular on the server, aside from Legend rank, with the Bedrock rank you get a compass pointing out people in Survival Games. I love this idea, especially late game when it’s just you and 3 other people left, and you need to find one to eliminate before deathwatch starts. As you already know, this is still pay to win, and when you kill a Bedrock donator, you don’t even get their compass, which is a bummer, because it does help you quite a lot in Survival Games. But this being a pay to win item and perk, it’s a -1 for me.

Legend Rank: There isn’t a mini game perk for Legend rank, aside from your name being broadcasted in the server you join, which I am a big fan of, now that you join people know you’re there, and can awe at your greatness. But being 100% serious, I do like this perk, and think that it is great, it’s not pay to win, it’s purely cosmetic, great job!

Immortal Rank: Now the Immortal Rank gives no Mini Game perks, aside from all the previous mentioned, which is alright I suppose, but will help you out big time if you’re a Sub Server person.

Ranks Park 2: Sub Servers

I will keep this short, basically the more you donate, the more you are given a massively unfair advantage. Some are cosmetic, like colored signs, but I’ll list the most unfair thing, or things, you get for each rank, from each Sub Server.

Cole Rank:
    • Factions: Ability to mine spawners, and the use of Kit Cole.
    • Prison: Donator Mine
    • Kit Pvp: 2x The money per kill.
    • Survival: +1 /Set Home
    • Sky Block: Use of Cole Kit, and Spawner Mining.
    • Creative: 2 more plots.
    Iron Rank:
    • Factions: /Back Command
    • Prison: /Back Command, and Kit Iron.
    • Kit Pvp: /Back Command
    • Survival: Kit Iron
    • Sky Block: Kit Iron
    • Creative: 3 Plots.
    Gold Rank:
    • Factions: /Enderchest, /Workbench, /Feed.
    • Prison: 2 Plots, /Workbench.
    • Kit Pvp: /Enderchest.
    • Survival: /Enderchest, Workbench, /Feed.
    • Sky Block: /Enderchest, Workbench, /Feed.
    • Creative: Ability to use Redstone.
    Lapis Rank:
    • Factions: Keep Xp upon death.
    • Prison: 1.5 Sell multiplier on Signs.
    • Kit Pvp: /Chest 1
    • Survival: /Invinsee
    • Sky Block: /Heal
    • Creative: /Tp
    Emerald Rank:
    • Factions: /Near
    • Prison: /Fly
    • Kit Pvp: /Fly
    • Survival: Keep Xp on death.
    • Sky Block: Keep Xp on death.
    • Creative: Increase Walk Speed.
    Diamond Rank:
    • Factions: /Extinguish, Diamond kit.
    • Prison: /Bottle, Diamond Kit.
    • Kit Pvp: /Extinguish, Diamond kit.
    • Survival: Talk in chat using colors (a good one)
    • Sky Block: Keep all items upon death.
    • Creative: 10 Set homes.
    Bedrock Rank:
    • Factions: /Repair, Bedrock kit.
    • Prison: /Enderchest, Bedrock kit.
    • Kit Pvp: 50% discount on repair, Bedrock kit.
    • Survival: /Repair, Bedrock kit.
    • Sky Block: /God, /Repair, Bedrock kit.
    • Creative: /WorldEdit.
    Legend Rank:
    • Factions: /Chest 2, Legend kit.
    • Prison: /Enderchest, Legend kit.
    • Kit Pvp: /Chest 2, Legend kit.
    • Survival: Legend kit.
    • Sky Block: 15 Set homes, Legend kit.
    • Creative: /TpToggle
    Immortal Rank:
    • Factions: Monthly Ancient Key, Immortal kit, /Chest 3
    • Prison: Monthly Ancient Key, Immortal kit.
    • Kit Pvp: Monthly Ancient Key, Immortal Kit, Xp when killing a player.
    • Survival: Monthly Ancient Key, Hunger never goes down, Immortal kit.
    • Sky Block: Monthly Ancient Key, Immoral kit.
    • Creative: /Rename.
    So those are all the best commands/ items/ abilities you get when purchasing a rank, bare in mind that the next rank up, gets everything from the rank(s) below as well.

So you can see that almost everything on that list gives big unfair advantages, and rank-less players hate that, as they should. I’m not a big fan of dying multiple times to someone with P4 armour, or losing all my Xp. It is just not fair to everyone.

Not too long ago, Mojang came out with the Minecraft EULA, which boiled down basically states that Servers were not allowed to be pay to win, but the Minecraft Central Network doesn’t abide by these rules. The main reason why I believe so is because of money. It costs a lot of money to keep a server up and running, with a website, hosting thousands of people daily That is costly, so that is why the owners Alex, and Vislo, created these ranks, perks, boosters, etc, as a means of bringing in more money, to keep us all happy, and to keep the server running. However, in the process of trying to make us happy, they are also making us, new players included, a bit upset, as they can’t get a good grip on the server, so they leave to another server. This, like I stated before, is a big issue, because the server isn’t entirely built for long term success, if it keeps this way of thinking. I know MCC has been around for about 6 ½ years, and has kept its community happy for the most part, so great job! But like I’ve stated before, a drop of about 2,500 players, in just about 4 to 5 years, is not such a good thing.

Now, being someone who likes to try and solve problems, instead of complaining about them, I am here to propose new ideas, to help set the server up for longer success, while hopefully bringing more people in, to play on the server, creating a thriving community. So lets start.

Lobby Cosmetics:

I think lowering the amount of lobbies would be helpful, because right now there are 9 lobbies, able to fit 80 players each, with an average player count in each of 20.3. I think if packing a tiny amount more players into lobbies, like having say, 6 or 7 lobbies, with a max player count of 80, bringing the new player count to an estimated 30 people per lobby. This would maybe give more motivation for people to talk, and show off cosmetics, etc. This is just a little idea though, I am not 100% sure how this would work out.

Ranks Part 3:

Personally, I believe that having 9 ranks, may be a tiny bit to much, this is just my thought however, but I think it should be lowered to about 6, the new rank order should be as follows,
    • Gold,
    • Emerald,
    • Diamond,
    • Bedrock,
    • Legend,
    • Immortal.
    Lowering the amount of ranks, would mean that you can load more perks, items, etc, into less, if that makes sense. A new price for each would be,
    • Gold: $10.00 - Not too much, but not too little, to me that's a fair price.
    • Emerald: $25.00 - A price drop of $10.00, but still I think newcomers might get cold feet buying a rank that is $20, more.
    • Diamond: $40.00 - A price increase of $25, compared to Emerald, new players would probably be more comfortable, paying more, because you will actually get more.
    • Bedrock: $55.00 to $60.00 - A good price in my opinion, but a price reduction of $5 to $10, as it stands now.
    • Legend: $75.00 - A $5 price reduction as it stands, but I doubt new players will come on the server, and want to buy an $80 rank, they need to get warmed up to the server first, make them feel better about buying something at this price.
    • Immortal: Now the Immortal rank is kind of tricky, I think MCC should go in the direction of another popular server, I’ll not name names, and MAYBE, charge a small, monthly subscription to have the Immortal rank, here’s a plan for that now, but you can only buy the Immortal rank, if you already own the Legend rank.
    “Buying” the Immortal Rank,

1 Month: $5

3 Months: $15

6: Months: $25

9: Months: $35

1 Year: $60

This means you will have the rank for the bought amount of time, and you can renew it once your time expires, but a cancellation fee will be charged, in the event someone cancels their subscription. But bare in mind, these are just ideas, and the price/ rank amount can be edited to your liking.

Boosters:

It is unfair that people who have higher ranks, get more credits in Mini Games, I mean sure, you get 2x the credits, for the rest of your life, for the fair price of $25.00. Alright, that’s all fine and dandy, but how would you like the idea of having credit boosters? Picture this, let's say there are 20 people that buy the lapis rank, so that's a cool $500, can you make more than that? Yes, more people can buy ranks, and upgrade, but there is always a limit on how many upgrades, and ranks people can buy. So I am here to propose the idea of Credit Boosters.

What are Credit Boosters you ask? Well think of this, because giving 2x the amount of credits a Rookie player gets because you bought a rank, you could get rid of that perk in all ranks, so now everyone gets the same amount of credits. So now that everyone is getting no multiplication of credits, this is where Credit Boosters will swoop in. So take SkyWars, one of, if not the most popular mini game on Mc Central. In this case let's say there is Peron A, Person A wants to level up faster, and get more credits, but he can’t because the rank doesn’t allow them to, but fear not! Because for the low price of about $5, he can buy a credit booster, for a designated amount of time, for everyone, and players will also have the option of tipping him credits, with the command, /tip, which will tip about 5 credits to the last person who bought a booster.

A rough idea of this would be as follows as an example,

SkyWars Credit Booster -

2x for 3 Hours: $5.00

2x for 6 Hours: $10.00

3x for 2 Hours: $7.50

3x for 4 Hours: $15.00.

Something like that, now people can spend money, and for a limited time, give everyone in game perks, and the more they spend, they can get more credits by tips, if people want to tip them. So it’s not pay to win, because you are paying, and still giving equal opportunities for everyone to win, therefore abiding by the Minecraft EULA. I really like this idea, and think it should be considered heavily.

Also a side note, people who have a certain rank and up will get a monthly mini game Credit Booster to activate, or something like that.

New Rank Perk Ideas: So if you take my advice on reducing the ranks to 6, you can use these perks along with other perks you see fit as well.
    • Rookie: Grey text when typing in lobby and in game.
    • Gold: White text.
    • Emerald: /Fly in lobby
    • Diamond: More friend slots (if you decide to lower the amount of friends someone can have).
    • Bedrock: Activation of 2x mini game credit multiplier for everyone, for 1 hour, and colored text (maybe, more ideas on this)
    • Legend: Name announcement when entering a lobby, and 2x mini game credit multiplier for everyone for 2 hours.
    • Immortal: 3x mini game credit multiplier for everyone, for 1 hour.
    *I can give more ideas, if you decide to add this, please contact me, I have more perk ideas for these ranks*

Those are just a few ideas, but I’m open to other ideas for it.

Ingame Text:

So it is no secret that you can color text and text effects/ fonts when you buy a certain rank, but what if there were a select amount of colors and fonts you don’t get when buying a rank, such as,

Gold, light blue, white (for rookies), bold text, and underline text,

To name a few. So now, assuming that you eliminated pay to win features for the server, you are looking for other ways to make some more money, these are a good way for donators to get some extra colors to stand out in chat, here's an example.

Gold Text: $1.00

Light Blue Text: $1.00

White Text (For Rookies): $1.00

Bold Text: $0.50

Underline Text: $0.50

Those are just some ideas.

Removing and Adding some Mini Games:

Now I’ll cut right to the chase, no one plays Champion Builder, and I would say no one plays Speedy Walls, or Cake Wars, but there are a few people who play those, so make of that what you will. But I think Champion Builder should be removed, and I also really think that One in the Chamber should be added, and I think many people would want to play that, because it is almost purely a skill based game, no kits, or anything, it’s the literal definition of “May the best player win.”

One in the Chamber would be a very attractive game to newcomers, because of the reason listed above. And as the server gets more popular again, adding a custom game like Shark Attack, or Snowball Freeze Tag, would be something many people would want to see.

Mc Central is mostly known as a Mini Game server, and I think it should stick to that whole Mini Game atmosphere. And I think it should be given more attention, I heard however that a mini game revamp, or something like that is coming in the future, so I’ll stay tuned for that. I also think that Mini Game stats should be reset about every 2 years, so get the older players on the leaderboards off, and give more opportunities for new players to get on the leaderboards.

Admins/ Owners, if you are reading this, and find any of it interesting, especially ways to make money, while abiding by the EULA, or things to add in the shop, I will be more than happy to share my ideas, and help with rank perks, or really whatever it is that you need help/ ideas with.

Thank you all so much for reading, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment, or message me directly with them, I really care about this server, and want to see it grow more, and more. Again thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day!

-Sincerely, Cocesco

iiSean likes this.
  2. Scotian

Scotian
    Cocesco,
    There's a LOT going on in this thread so I'll address your points one at a time.

First of all, you mentioned a number of things which you believe to be flaws with the ranks system MCC currently/has always used. To some extent, I agree with you. There's always been a disconnect between the ranked players and the players who are donators which is evident in the MCC community. That being said, if the rank system were to be changed it would require an immense amount of planning before it could be released. Here were a couple of questions that you make not have considered: If ranks were to be removed, what would happen to everyone who currently holds a rank that is removed, would the rank up/down and would that be fair to those who've already paid? With the proposed changes, what are reasonable prices for the new set of ranks with regard to changes in permissions?
    You also bring to light the idea that boosters/perks should become a pay-per use format. I feel that this is completely unrealistic, mainly because I couldn't see players paying money over and over again for in-game perks that are only temporary.
    The rank system on MCC has worked well for over 6 years, and although there could be minor improvements to create more balance and opportunity for unranked players, I do not feel as though it requires a complete makeover. My last point is that the EULA (End User License Agreement) doesn't mention anything strictly about servers being 'pay-to-win'. Instead the EULA prohibits individuals from making money off of Minecraft by reselling the game or selling mods that they've created.

Secondly, you mention the lack of players on a certain minigames and criticize the server for it's player loss over the years. To start, Minecraft in general has become less popular over the years, and I don't think you can blame MCC for losing players because ALL servers have lost the majority of their player-bases. The generation who grew up with Minecraft is becoming older and naturally the game is becoming more obsolete.
    MCC's minigames have changed a lot over the years, but for now I believe the server is in a good place. While certain minigames may be less popular, what would the server hope to achieve by removing them? It's not as if lessening the selection of minigames would do any good, especially to hundreds of players who still enjoy these gamemodes. Additionally, MCC needs to be aware of inter-server plagiarism, specifically with games like OITC that were developed by other servers. I've mentioned this in posts before, but it doesn't look great when one server copies another's successes to try and capture some of their players. If MCC could develop something original, I feel as though that would be best.

Here's the link to the Mojang EULA if you'd like to have a look. It mainly deals with what your rights are if you buy/own the game, and serves the purpose of protecting Mojang from any potential legal repercussions.
    https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

I'd love to hear anyone else's opinion on this! I'll keep my eye out.

Thanks,

- Mike (Scotian)

Zonafer and Cocesco like this.
  3. Steelzy

I am mainly a Kitpvp Player so I can't really relate to many of the problems you addressed. As for kitpvp, I can see how Donators have a pretty significant advantage over people without a rank especially in past seasons. One big change that was implemented this season was /fix and /fix all being given to everyone for a price. Even people who have a rank higher than bedrock have to pay for /fix and /fix all. In my opinion, this has made the game a lot more playable for people without a rank as in past seasons they had no chance of surviving even if they did get protection 4 armor because all the Donators would target them until their armor broke. My point of all this is that even though there is still a good advantage of buying a rank, the game is very much playable for people without a rank on Kitpvp. There has been a good step in the right direction to keep the game fun fun for older players and new players without ranks.

-Steelzy

Cocesco likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.