Discussion in 'Support Forums' started by ShygirlOakley, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShygirlOakley

When in game or in the game lobby I keep trying to send my friends a message through the /msg command but it never works. They never receive my message for some reason except in creative for some weird reason. I can use the regular chat and party chat so Im not sure why the private chat doesn't seem to work for me. If anyone knows why can you let me know.

2. Lewklo

zaeuz
    I'm not entirley sure what your issue is but your chat settings could be messed up somehow, try
    going to your options menu, click chat settings, click the chat tab until it displays shown

If not theres always alternative commands that may work such as:
    /tell player message & /m player message
    If not you can always send the player a friend request which will allow you to msgf them anywhere throughout the server using /msgf player

*if you mean that msg in mini games don't work; you actually cannnot msg people in mini-games only in sub-servers. meaning you must be in the same lobby.

#2 Lewklo, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    sophi and 89p like this.
  3. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Heya there! :)
    If you have added your friend using our friend system in game (/friend add *user*) then you can message them anywhere on the network using "/msgf *user* *message*"

Some lobbies such as Skywars don't allowed for the use of normal /msg because the plugin doesn't exist there. Using the friend version of msg (command above) allows for this however. While some servers such as factions or in your case, creative do have the plugin installed at the time, allowing you to use the standard msg command!

Hope this clears up any confusion!
    Add me on discord at Elecctricc#9244 if you need further assistance!

4. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I'm not sure why it's not working in sub-servers, but in the lobby, in order to do /msg you must be in the same lobby as the person you are messaging.

5. ShygirlOakley

Thanks for the replies i will try this :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.