Mentee Program Discord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muel, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Muel

[​IMG]

MENTEE PROGRAM DISCORD
    Hey everyone,
    This is a remake of the old Staff Practice Discord thread made by @AnimatedFox which can be found here.
    The intention of this thread is to spread and grow the discord, hopefully to what it was a few years ago. A couple of months ago we decided to redo and create a new discord as a fresh start. The purpose of this discord is to help grow the knowledge of players seeking to apply, but do please note that joining the discord does not guarantee an increased acceptance rate or anything of the sorts, it's simply to help improve your knowledge to better prepare you, we will not walk you through anything. We offer guidance and tips, as well as provide feedback. We've had roughly 100 promoted mentees (people who have gotten staff whilst being in the program) since 2018. The discord is unofficial but run by staff members and members of the community, with that being said, sharing the link in-game or via other MC-Central platforms may result in punishment.

The original Staff Practice Discord was founded by @AnimatedFox, @Horace_Altman, @MasterChheda, and @Ryan (RyanYoshi). It was initially led by AnimatedFox and Horace_Altman and then transferred to me in early 2020. The new discord, The Mentee Program Discord was then released on January 24th, 2021 founded by @Mauricioh and I (with the help of a few others of course).

Personal background; in mid-2018 I became a mentee in the SPD where I had AnimatedFox, and loads of others as Community Mentors who helped me expand my knowledge and better prepare for staff. On December 29th, 2018, I became Helper as well as SPD Assistant. On January 20th, 2019 I was then offered by AnimatedFox to become a Community Mentor in the SPD. Then on March 10th, 2020 I was transferred ownership of the program.
    Alot more information regarding the discord and program can be found in the discord itself.
    https://discord.gg/mcRzKCcVev
    In-depth, the discord provides material to help guide and better prepare players who are seeking to apply for both regular and faction staff. Once you join the discord you should already have little access to some of the resources we provide such as explanations of the rules in-depth as well as announcements regarding new rule changes.

However, if register to become a mentee you can gain access to more material. Being a mentee is basically a small simulation of being a staff such as meeting activity requirements and maintaining your activity within the discord through various ways. Again, this discord is unofficial and doesn't grant you any advantages besides having access to more material to better prepare you.

The average requirements to maintain the mentee position are 1,000 minutes and 10 accepted chatreports monthly, depending on your Community Mentor, this can vary. As a mentee we also track your activity and progress, as well as provide feedback on how to improve, whether it be maturity, activity, etc.

Required Questions: A set of questions (typically regarding the rules or scenarios) issued by your Community Mentor, that are required to be completed within a designated time.

Optional Questions: A set of questions typically posted by assistants, that are optional, but recommend since it helps expand your knowledge.

Extra Questions: A set of extra questions that can be requested from your community mentor or assistant incase you're wanting more practice.

Practice Interview: A set of questions asked in a one-on-one voice call, typically with an assistant.

MENTEE OF THE MONTH
    Every month one mentee is selected to become Mentee of the Month, typically it's a mentee who's displayed alot of hardwork, activity, etc.

Perks of MOTM:
    - Role displayed high up in the side list.
    - MOTM Award Role
    - Voice Channel (they can fully customize)
    - Help choose who the next MOTM will be
    - $10 MCCentral Buycraft Giftcard & maybe other rewards
    MENTEE AWARD COLLECTION BOOK
    As a Mentee you have the opportunity to obtain a few awards that make you stand out amongst the others.

Awards:
    - MOTM (obtain Mentee of the Month)
    - TOP CRs (obtain the most accepted chatreports out of all of the mentees for that month)
    - TOP FRs (obtain the most accepted forum reports out of all of the mentees for that month)
    - Winner (win a Mentee Event)
    - Knowledge (awarded to Mentees who are believed to be extremely knowledgable of the rules, etc.)
    - Interview (obtain a perfect 10/10 score on a practice interview)

This here is an empty collection book:
    [​IMG]

Half collection book:
    [​IMG]
    Full collection book:
    [​IMG]
    Discord Leader:
    - khayleb

Community Mentor Leads: Manages the MPD Leadership and Discord.
    - khayleb
    - Mauricioh
    - 89p

Community Mentor: Mentors community members interested in applying for regular staff.
    - iSloth (Moderator, NA)
    - 89p (Moderator, EU)
    - Xermes (Moderator, NA)

Factions Community Mentor: Mentors community members interested in applying for faction staff.
    - CoolElla (Senior Moderator, Applications Team, Faction Staff, EU)

Assistants: Assists Community Mentors and provides material for mentees.
    - Atohmic, jemelina, lesbrihonest, Minninq, TorontoWah, boomrabbits_, and TenWah.

Factions Assistant: Assists Community Mentors and provides material for mentees, factions in specific.
    - Hypnoticxd

#1 Muel, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  2. Myko

Myko
    I’ve been in the Mentee Program for a long time! It’s definitely helped me better understand the rules of the server, and I got to meet way more staff members and way more people in the community!

3. 10sec

10sec
    Hello, khayleb!

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing thread. It contains all the information someone needs in case they are thinking of joining the program, or in the event where they didn't know it existed. It is astonishingly concise and aesthetically perfect! Amazing job!!
    I've recently joined the program, and it sure helps to have something like this. Congratulations! <3

Thank you so much!

89p, DarkBeastPro and Muel like this.
  4. Merowian

Merowian
    Yes, because mcc needs more staff :D

On the real though, having been there for a little bit can confirm this discord is a great place to get familiar with staff abilities, rules 'n stuffs. It's a great initiative and I would highly recommend joining if you're trying to get helper.

BlockyBeach, Muel and DarkBeastPro like this.
  5. s0cial_

ltrippie
    Hey there!

I've been a mentee since 2019 and during this time I have seen that I have learned a lot more about the rules of the server and I think I am almost reaching my goals, believe me it’s worth joining the discord for anyone who wants help with their goals and learn a little more about the rules of the server and helping you to try to become a Helper.
    I can also say that you can interact with everyone just like at mc-central and the assistants and mentors are always ready to help you.

Muel likes this.
  6. CoolElla

CoolElla
    Factions mentees > Normal mentees ♡

Hypnoticxd, Skin_, Muel and 1 other person like this.
  7. 89p

89p

89p
    Wrong ♡

In all seriousness though, the Mentee Program is an amazing way to boost your knowledge if you're planning on applying for staff and I cannot recommend it more! It helped me significantly to achieve Staff on my first term and I've now become an Assistant to help new Mentees achieve their dream of becoming staff.

10sec, Muel, s0cial_ and 1 other person like this.
  8. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    Although I'm not staff (yet hehe), I would definitely recommend this program to others. This has given me a truck load of knowledge from its optional questions, down to the rule changes that aren't normally discussed anywhere else. It is also the best place to ask questions related to being staff that #support can't answer.

Muel likes this.
  9. Myko

Myko
    True

Muel and CoolElla like this.
  10. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Anyone interested in applying for staff should definitely join the Mentee program. After getting accepted past the application stage, you still have to do an interview on the rules of the server. Don't expect the interview to be easy. The public rules page on the forums only gives the basic outlines of the rules, and is not a very good example unless you need to memorize the basics or severities of each rule. The mentee program gives more hands-on experience, more likely that you would actually use what you learn there. For example, there are a lot of actual examples of things staff encounter that don't have an obvious solution, or are designed to help mentees remember a small detail that most forget from the rules page.

Of course, it's not a requirement to be in the Mentee program if you're applying for staff, but I would definitely recommend it, as it's almost like getting the answers to the interview questions. Without the extra help and practice from staff, all you have is the public rules page, which makes it very hard.

P.S. Also read this amazing article written by fouffy (an admin) about what the application team looks for: https://mccentral.org/community/threads/guide-to-achieve-helper.37132/ :D

Muel, s0cial_ and 89p like this.
  11. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Heya! I hope you all are having a lovely day :D

As others have probably have mentioned already, I strongly suggest joining this discord if you are thinking of applying for staff. Without me being in this discord, I would probably still be an Immortal rank. I can not express how much this discord has helped me ever since I first joined it. It is also a way to meet new people and get to know the staff team even better (:

That's all from me!
    I hope you have an amazing rest of your day / night!
    DM me on discord if you have any questions!
    -boom

10sec, Muel, s0cial_ and 1 other person like this.
  12. mcrcus

mcrcus
    I met some of my closest internet friends in the mentee program on MCC. It definitely helped me get a better understanding of the rules and I would most likely not be where I am today. If you are going for staff, like everyone else has said, it is very much recommended. Even if you do not want to be staff, it still is a great way to communicate with the community better and can still help you with understanding the rules and updates.

<3

luvbri, 10sec, Muel and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jammy16

Jammy16
    Hello there! I have to say, the mentee program is really helping me. Its helping me understand the rules and what its like to be a staff member. Caleb and all the mentors are great and if you need help, they don't complain. They simply just help you which is great. There are a lot of mixed questions which you get asked which improves your knowledge in every aspect. A lot of staff members now have developed and became a staff member because of this mentee program. If your looking at becoming a staff member I would certainly take this into consideration.

Muel likes this.
  14. Atohmic

Atohmic
    The mentee program is amazing and can really get you used to the rules and just really get you an all around experience with getting ready to apply. I suggest using this discord if you are thinking of applying as it can help you with different questions you wouldn't think about normally. It has really helped me with a lot of MCC stuff and can definitely help you too. You can also meet and get to know the staff that help with the program and even the other players that are apart of it are great too.
    Any questions DM me on discord Atohmic#1903​

Muel likes this.
  15. Skin_

Skin_
    This is a very useless post and I think it should be deleted. However I agree with you

Muel and Hypnoticxd like this.
  16. luvbri

luvbri
    Hey there, khayleb.
    As you know, I was also a mentee in mid-2018, and ended up becoming staff after my first application (with the help of the current mentors at the time, especially Fox.) I am so glad that you recreated it, and especially grateful that I am recognised as a Notable Member.
    I am so happy that you're helping this project get more coverage, as you have spent so much time preparing it, and even making a bot for the server.
    I cannot wait to see the # of mentees becoming staff expanding, thanks to your help, and Mauricioh's.
    <3

Muel and Lewklo like this.
  17. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    Old Mentee program helped me get staff. Might try this one out, depends

luvbri and Muel like this.
  18. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    While I can't speak from the mentee side of things, I can say that I had the privilege and honour of being an assistant in SPD. I highly recommend joining the new MPD if you are looking to improve your general knowledge of MCC rules and scenarios that we are met with as staff.

Atohmic and Muel like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.