mccentral rules

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by _Monicaaa_, Jul 19, 2022.

?

Should we change this rule?

1. Change this rule.

62.5%
  2. Keep this rule.

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. _Monicaaa_

_Monicaaa_
    I think MCC should change its rules. One rule I feel like should be changed is being frozen, if you leave the server while being frozen you get banned. There are many reasons why this rule is unfair. Anything could happen that can result in leaving the server, Wi-Fi problems, or just not understanding what to do. One of my friends which I know doesn't cheat because I have seen her play in a call was banned for leaving the server. English isn't her first language, she didn't understand how to get into the discord server. This is so unfair and unreasonable. Even if she does leave the server, you can still search her computer. I have been SS before and the staff takes this very seriously, they make me download applications so they can see any deletion, any app I have opened, and the time of the opening. I don't see why leaving the server is a problem, I feel like you should be able to talk to a staff in-game. You can ask for their discord and can continue the search.

Trainsgender likes this.
  2. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    Heya Monicaaa

Lettme tries to explain the thinking process behind the rule and why we won't allow people to just log out when they are frozen.
    Typically when staff freeze a player they are probably doing something that is raising our eyebrow, maybe you are mining straight to some diamond ore or maybe you are clicking randomly non-stop in the lobby. In this situation freezing a player is a way for that player to prove that they are innocent as the staff isn't 100% sure if that player is cheating or not.

If a player logged out while they are frozen they can easily modify a lot of their in game settings. For example, a common way for people to /fix all easily in game is to create a /fix all autotext macro in their client and there is no way a staff member can tell if he modified it during the time he logged out. (When you are frozen you will not be able to go to your client's menu and change that) I do agree that there should be a way to communicate with the staff member in game when you are frozen but the instruction should be clear enough on the GUI.

Hopefully I answered most of your question regarding the rule if you got more question feel free to just comment below

3. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    I heard a story from someone whose name I will not mention here for privacy reasons, who claimed to have been asked to download dodgy software after being frozen. They refused, leading to a ban. For clarity, I don't know whether this happened on MCC or not, I'm just stating that people might have issues (and legal questions) regarding the use of screenshare and other software. This is something staff should consider. It is a legal "grey zone", especially for EU citizens, where stricter privacy laws apply, and it is not because you're a server in a block game from 2009 that you're exempt from these laws.

4. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    Hey ExUnitateVires

The software that we used is completely safe as it is not only partnered with us but other big servers such as Cavepvp, Ranked Bedwar just to name a few. The point of the software is just to scan any Minecraft-related files and it also protects the player's privacy as it blurs out the player's name used on his PC. I understand that some players might not want to download software into their PC so there's always an option to just take the ban (For refusal) and we go our separate ways

5. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    Two comments on this.

It would be an easy option just taking the ban if it weren't that the "refusal to screenshare" ban is permanent on the second offence already, and just accepting a permanent ban is something else than accepting a 30 day ban. I do understand that it's hard to make refusal to screenshare not a severity 3 offence, because then you could of course refuse to screenshare in order to not get banned permanently. But I feel like permanent bans are a bit harsh for a perfectly reasonable decision. By that I mean, you can never be sure software is 100 % secure unless you wrote it youself. And even then you most likely are using third party libraries which might include a security risk. So in my opinion that rule needs to be changed.
    One possible solution here could be that if you refuse to screenshare, you can appeal and that staff would take it into account whether a player refused to screenshare on reasonable ground or can't explain their decision straight away. You can easily tell this from the language/grammar/style/... used in the appeal.

You mention that the software scans your Minecraft-related files. But having a hacked client in your Minecraft folder doesn't mean that you use it. For example, I used Wurst client back in 2020 and have been banned for it accordingly. Some of the files of that client might still be on my computer, but as far as I know, just having them isn't a bannable offence. Same for autoclickers: people might have an autoclicker on their computer for other reasons than autoclicking in Minecraft.

6. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    I do like the idea of allowing people to appeal their ban on refusal to screenshare, I feel like if people can provide enough evidence that its an accident / Isn't a continuous action ( Logging out while frozen multiple times / Having multiple logging out while frozen in your punishment history ) we can possibly go easy on them.

Answering your second question, having them isn't a bannable offense but it will still show up in the scan to assist us if we should dig deeper into a specific .exe file. For example, if someone got vape on their PC and didn't use it / haven't run it we will still double check on that to make sure the scanner isn't false flagging etc

InsaneIsMyName likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.