MCC Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zguy2000, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zguy2000

Papa_PickleZ
    Hey guys!

So this suggestion is mostly to bring it to the attention of Alex Markey and staff members that have direct contact with him, but I had an idea for the store.

The store should have a “bulk discount” implemented into it to encourage higher ancient/myth key purchases. The more you buy, the better you are getting your money’s worth. I don’t really have to explain the psychology/practically of the idea, as it’s pretty obvious.

Keys are 100% profit for the Owner’s from the store. It costs Alex Markey absolutely nothing to give out in-game items through keys. Therefore, when a myth key is purchased, $5 is made. Of course money goes towards running the server, but I do believe this would cause people to go for higher options and make a simple 1 key purchase look a lot less tempting than a 5 key purchase.

In case the server ACTUALLY decides to implement this into the store, I’ve made a small little chart for the store that I believe would up sales...

MCC STORE:
    1 Myth Key: $5
    5 Myth Keys: $20 (1 FREE key)
    10 Myth Keys: $35 (3 FREE Keys)
    15 Myth Keys: $50 (5 FREE Keys)
    20 Myth Keys: $65 (7 FREE Keys)

Or...

MCC STORE:
    1 Myth Key: $5
    5 Myth Keys: $23.75 (5% off)
    10 Myth Keys: $40 (10% off)
    15 Myth Keys: $60 (15% off)
    20 Myth Keys: $75 (25% off)

I could go on for Ancient keys as well, but it just makes the post longer and I might lose your attention haha. It’s not hard math to do, it would be an easy fix. Just a classic business/salesman move to subconsciously drive people to go for the more expensive item because they are getting a better deal for their money they spent. Just a suggestion, but I think it would be a great addition that brings more money in to the server :)

#1 Zguy2000, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    puposaurus likes this.
  2. Ewhz

Ewhz
    This would be a cool thing to add, and possibly make the keys more affordable in a way. Buying things in bulk ted to get more attention especially when lowered from a certain price of it alone. I'd 100% like to see this worked on and put into shop.​

puposaurus likes this.
  3. eyan

Eyan
    I disagree,

In factions, the winning factions are awarded buycraft coupons. A large portion of these coupons are saved and used to purchase keys in the future maps, meaning that if this was implemented the factions who buy lots of keys would get an insane amount of keys for free. The same amount of money is spent on these keys regardless, and this addition would only allow people to buy more keys without actually spending more money, which is just pretty pointless (and a little OP) I believe the current system is just fine :)

puposaurus likes this.
  4. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    This is something quite simple to do i'm pretty sure this something Alex could do as this would increase the amount of money he receives from Buycraft. If he were to implement this I would easily buy more keys and spend more of my "hard earned" money on the server.

EDIT: The post above me makes me change my mind as this would probably destroy Factions ECO and overall change how Spawners are valued. They could possibly make it so you can't receive these deals for factions though.

5. Zguy2000

Papa_PickleZ
    While this may be true, Giftcard rewards/giveaways could be adjusted to ensure that players receiving said Giftcards are gaining the same amount of keys that they were previously. For example, if option 1 for my post was used in this example, a reward for Facs could be a $20 giftcard instead of a $25 giftcard. They would still be receiving 5 keys, but it actually costs the server LESS money to give them the same amount of items, all while the store is making MORE money from those who are buying them from the store legitimately. It was a solid point, and adjustments would have to be made for sure. Unfortunately, the thread was not detailed enough to address every problem that arises with the new store system. But, sure enough, this is a common tactic used globally and there is some kind of solution to every problem ;)

6. ImConcerned

vNato
    I agree with this. Maybe at the start of every factions season they should have a ‘bulk discount sale’ so that players that had MCC store credit from ftop from the previous season have already used their store credit to ‘win’ / place as high as possible in ftop.
    Great idea and I am a +1 to it.
    (I personally thought that this was already a feature in the MCC store but I checked before replying and I have seen it is not)
    Thank you.

#6 ImConcerned, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Hey zguy2000,

I absolutely love this idea. I think it is brilliant and it's incredible. While I was reading what you said I was actually smiling. I think if this is implemented then this would benefit the growth of the server and the happiness of the people playing it. +1 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.