MCC Staff Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CryzpLorax, Aug 14, 2021.

?

How is the MCC staff

Poll closed Jul 15, 2023.
  1. Great

19.2%
  2. Good

34.6%
  3. Decent

15.4%
  4. Bad

7.7%
  5. Worst

23.1%
  1. CryzpLorax

Just wanted to get your opinions on the MCC staff as I am sure the owners, srmods, etc would want to know what you guys think of the staff. I myself have been unfairly muted by staff members however I have also been treated very well by some staff members. So I just wanted to know if the general public overall thinks the staff is biased or unbiased. Don't mention any particular staff names as this thread would probably get locked if that were to happen. The poll is just the general consensus and do not answer it keeping one particular staff member in mind.
    :D

#1 CryzpLorax, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Yukihira likes this.
  2. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I don't really like threads like these because they often fail to provide the variety of perspectives we need. It's almost always the people throwing shade who reply to posts like this, who will always have something negative to say about the staff team (I used to be one of those people, so I guess I can understand where that comes from) and don't ever understand the hard work we put in on our end to keep the server running as it should.

I think everyone has their favourites on the staff team, and I know I strive to be liked by the community and overall fair and lenient when I'm looking at punishments and that type of thing. One bad experience, in my opinion, is never enough to be able to judge a staff member's ability to do their job and such, as there are many behind-the-scenes factors that play into being a staff member most of the community does not understand. Although I may not be best friends with the entire team, I still appreciate all the hard work they put in to keep the server afloat.

I know this post might sound like it's shading people who hate the staff team, but that's not my intention. All I ask is you guys consider what it's like from our point of view. When I applied in March for example, I had over 2 500 reports on the new forums and 350 or so posts, which really shows the dedication and effort I had to put in to become a staff member. We have reviews to complete, and as Helpers we have to record all the evidence we punish for, which is hard work. We're also often working to help players on the server, spending a lot of time on middlemans, resolving scams, spectating players for hacks, screenshares and so forth.

Overall, I hope this post helps people see things from the staff team's perspective. It's a little unfair to us when people complain about the one mute we didn't lift or the time we took too long to reply to their support question when in reality, we have a lot to do! Hopefully we get more players on MCC so we can recruit more staff and build the server back up to what it used to be. Thanks for reading!

3. khoztymis

Hey cryzplorax this is a great post!

4. Zac25zac

Zac25zac
    I agree with you 100%, staff members are normal humans who make mistakes. If you are falsely muted just put an appeal in with proper proof. They are sacrificing their time to make your gameplay experience better.

SplatBerry likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.