MCC Getting An Anti-Cheat????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XavierAlexIII, Jun 16, 2020.

1. XavierAlexIII

I have had it with hackers being in game on MCC and ruining the experience for everyone. I have had 2 hours of recording time wasted due to a hacker named Ragging Ginger being in game with flight hacks. It doesn't only ruin my game experience but it ruins others as well. My solution.... Get an Anti-Cheat. A staff upgrade was nice but it didn't fully get rid of the problem. An Anti-Cheat can almost immediately get rid hackers and provide a number of pros to the server. These pros can be bringing in more people to a new/healthier server, stopping any person that hacking, save time for staff, and even boost the owner's reputation. If this could be added we could see a great improvement on the server and bringing in more numbers. If anyone is unsure about this then I suggest making a voting system where MCC players can give their opinion. I am attaching a video link that explains me talking about this annoyance/pain. Thank You for reading this Alex!

jowhk and forgranted like this.
  2. Writinqs

Writinqs
    I understand where you're coming from, but all servers will get hackers and that's just really the sad truth. Although I agree their could be more things put into place to prevent such things.

3. s0cial_

ltrippie
    Hello, gamer!

In my opinion, I think MC-Central needs Anti-Cheat, yes, but they don't need to implement a plugin.
    They can create a client with Anti-Cheat and everyone who wants to play on MC-Central SubServers and Minigames, needs to download it and will be able to play on all subservers / mini-games.

4. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hey dude,
    please, please, please read other threads before making one like this. All you need to do is scroll down through the threads in general and you will see dozens of threads exactly like this. Of course everyone knows MCC needs an anticheat, the reason we dont currently have one can be found in many of the previous threads.
    Hope this helped
    - olo YT

5. Invader

That would be too expensive to setup a custom client and have a built-in anti-cheat, which there's no point since it won't fix the issue of players coming onto McCentral and cheating, plus there are always ways to bypass the built-in anticheat and cheat, so they'd need developers constantly patching and repairing the client which would just be a waste of time and effort.

As for this thread, alike all 100+ threads made about the anti-cheat in the recent years, there ain't nothing going to be done about it. Teddy has tried convincing Markey of buying/replacing the current one in place and always had no success. At the end of the day, the chances of the anti-cheat being updated are slim but as always, if you find issues with the anti-cheat and have possible solutions, make a bug report here.

- Fox

olo_YT and s0cial_ like this.
  6. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    Definitely not, -1. I would not want to use a separate client just to play on MCC.

One would expect that having so many threads would put pressure on the ownership/management team but no, it doesn't.

#6 Lexxonist, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    olo_YT likes this.
  7. Cefr

Cefr
    As many others have said there are many other threads about this topic. Of course everyone would like a anti cheat as that would help game play a lot. As I almost always play skywars I always find many hackers. Someone said above that MCC should have there own client, I strongly disagree with that. There are two main reasons, first off people can make a ghost clients for that just how many other have for bad lion or other clients. this would just make the client useless in the first place once people do that. The second reason is many other people and myself don't want to use a separate client just to play one server. It's not just the annoyance, but also the fact that many players use Bad Lion, Lunar, or Laby. Having a new client would make us lose all of our features of those clients and it wouldn't be as fun.This was my opinion of this topic, have a nice day.

-Cefr

8. KaptainKreeper

Give me 10 minutes and I can figure out how to inject vape into Lunar, Badlion, and Labymod. I can imagine doing the same to a client made by the people who can’t have a basic anticheat on their server wouldnt be much harder if at all

Pxrge likes this.
  9. Pxrge

Pxrge
    Yo,

"All servers will get hackers" is a pretty broad statement because not all servers allow any hacker to go off with their hacks until a staff member has to manually ban them. MCC has been lacking an anti-cheat for years now and it's beyond ridiculous. Of course someone is probably going to hit me with the "no point in complaining because it's not going to help" or "you can report hackers here(insert link) or go to the MCC Discord Support" but those outdated excuses are just as useless.
    Have a good one.
    - Pxrge

10. Departition_

there's no excuse, almost every big server has anticheats that stop hackers, you see servers like minemenclub, they rarely have fly hackers, most hackers on there use like 3.2 reach. There's rarely hackers because they actually have a legitimate anticheat and not a shitty one that was poorly made.

11. Writinqs

Writinqs
    I agree there is no excuse however in my opinion I think that even if rarely, there will be at least 1 or more hackers able to exploit on a server. Despite this though I do think still that things like anti-cheats should be put in place as I mentioned before.

12. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    With the amount of hackers on MCC, I'm surprised that people still play. I'm aware that many people have actually quit MCC for this reason alone though.

Departition_ likes this.
  13. jowhk

jowhk
    MCC 100% needs an anti-cheat. This server would grow so so much if there was an anti-cheat. So many people have quit because of the constant hackers in skywars.

14. soulsnad

MCC client sounds like an expensive and useless idea. However, I do think MCC needs a better anti-cheat. I can't seem to get into a game of skywars without 2+ hackers flying or scaffolding around the map ruining the experience for everyone. It is really frustrating to see my favorite server overrun by hackers.

15. Sparky

SparkyDawg
    Hey Xavier!
    I know what you mean hackers are incredibly annoying. But most anti-cheat come in subscriptions so they would cost money per month. And if the staff get I think 10 dollars per month, they have to pay for an anti-cheat and they have to buy the platform, it doesn't leave too much room. Although Alex Markey is doing all that he can to get a better anti-cheat and this will most likely be added with the mini game leaderboard reset. Also, to get rid of the hackers immediately, I am not fully aware of this, but I know that most forms of anti-cheat does not do this, you are talking about something similar to a watch dog which is what Hypixel uses.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    - Sparky

16. Haylos

Haylos
    MCC has an anti-cheat, it might not be the best one but at least there is, however you can either report this players under the #support section on the discord or recording them and reporting them clicking here.
    These two options are very effective as well as contacting a staff member yourself, anyways both of this are optimal solutions until we get a better anti-cheat for the server.

17. 1231ksajdk

WHY IS THIS YOUR FAVOURITE SERVER LMAO, the owners pocket so much money

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.