MCC 3 player max teams.

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by DareMe, Apr 3, 2021.

?

should we have 5 teams max, a solo and regular sg, or keep the rule.

1. 5 Team Max

25.0%
  2. Add a solo and regular sg (no max cap for teaming)

50.0%
  3. Keep the rule

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DareMe

DareMe
    ( THIS POST IS MOSTLY FOR ALEX AND VISLO)
    but I would like to have responses and how people feel regards but
    must consider both sides of the party as I am considering both sides
    of the party as the more preferred solo platers to team players.
    some work better alone or with friends.

Hello there! my username is dareme and I'm an old MCC player, I've been around since
    the start of MCC and was a member of lava craft. I have had a lot of issues teaming with others and its caused a lot of problems. A lot are no longer playing, enjoying, and are
    quitting or leaving MCC. a lot have been punished for the unfair rule. I understand that there are people
    who think it is very op, it doesn't mean you cant team with other people to take over teams
    that were a part of the fun of playing sg on MCC. it's hard because most are friends with
    everyone and caused a lot of problems for many. personally, I haven't played MCC as much
    as since that rule was administrated, the rule has ruined survival games itself. I've seen
    people playing less ever since. my suggestion coming from an MCC og member is that we need
    2 different servers. one REGULAR sg ( no maximum teams ) and a solo only.
    my argument is that the rule had to be administrated because people are complaining
    about it being too op because a lot prefer solo. ( as an MCC og id play solo and regular).
    i am more than aware that it was a thing 2 years ago and it failed and no one played. there
    was currently nobody complaining and it was a suggestion from a player, but you
    need to remember that now people don't like teamers, people are complaining
    which means people will WANT and be more interested in playing solo. back then it
    was no longer a problem or an issue. I've spoken to quite a few staff, members, and other people.
    all do agree that they would like to at least have the teams upped to 5. it's very hard to play
    as a friend could be teamed with a friend or it could be easily punished unfairly. ( some may not
    be teaming with others and may just truce to be left alone. It's completely ruining sg and it will
    die down. no one else has been interested in sg and it would only be fair to please both
    sides rather than take one side. please consider as I've been a very old member of MCC
    and can have very valid input. I had talked to over 50 people who agree the rules are
    horrible and that is why no one wants to play anymore. the numbers of sg members
    have dropped and everyone's always anxious or worrying about who teaming with who
    at this point you might as well just make a solo rather than punishing for such a stupid rule.
    for many years it was not a problem and did not mean that others cant team if that is their
    wish or preference we need another one. and since it been more of an issue now it would
    be a great idea to take advantage of these opportunities as it is obviously a big enough
    deal to create a rule. (the last thing I wanted to add is the fact if you are a solo teamer
    nothing is stopping you from teaming with others and going against the teams, its the
    fun part it should be a free for all or regardless of who teams with who. no one said the
    others cannot team up with the last members to defeat the team. I and along with many
    people did that back way when and a year ago I was around for a couple of months.)
    please take my advice and suggestion as I've seen this server go down in numbers
    pretty bad, losing the lobby was enough but now the rule has overtaken the server
    and I no longer am enjoying or having fun at all, and I've seen it cause a lot of unneeded
    drama and controversy. there's no exact way to know if you were teaming or truce.
    thank you for reading. I mean it for both parties.

please reconsider as I understand both sides of the story and have spoken to both sides, I'm not saying anyone right or wrong but there is obviously an issue and I have no issue with sending my thoughts through to staff. as a 19-year-old player (my age) who has been struggling to team with others and seen a lot of members have issues and I would love to see a change to both sides that please both. it's unfair to choose for one but to be very fair for both sides of the party. I've seen the struggle of both sides but I have several friends and several have been punished or got in trouble or unfairly ban. everyone still does it anyway and its harsh to do that. many are very good friends and it was never an issue until now magically. and I played sg a lot in 2014 and I've enjoyed my years here. but I think this would be better for all. as I am aware several staff have tried to change this.

A LITTLE PSA

this suggestion is for everyone to comment on and give their opinions but I would like
    for anyone reading this to consider both sides and how this is affecting both sides
    of the party and how it will change and reshape the server as many are leaving.

this message is for Alex Markey and Vislo.

please reconsider the rule 3 teams max sg. it's causing many problems for both parties.

QUESTIONS FOR BOTH PARTIES!

how does this rule affect you?

How do you think MCC can change to please both parties if not my suggestion what would your solution be?

how do you feel about having a solo and an unlimited team would you play both or your preferred?

for players who have been punished or guilty of teaming let me know how you feel. please

- sincerely your good ol MCC og DareMe

#1 DareMe, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Acid_Hunter likes this.
  2. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Hi DareMe!

So nice that you are bringing this up since it's been something that has been bothering me lately. since teaming is allowed it's so unfair for players that are playing solo. It indeed kills the server (also because of hackers but that's of course a known problem). If you team with like 3 people u are most likely guaranteed a win, while other people that are playing solo have no chance to win in a 3v1 and so the players get mad and stop playing (pretty much the same thing with hackers... they also take the fun out of the game) ... And what ur saying about 2 different games is a good idea, it's just like skywars but then solo survival games & team survival games.

A definite +1 for me man!
    Keep up the good work :)

DareMe likes this.
  3. DareMe

DareMe
    i agree, and im aware team skywars isnt as popular as solo skywars but i think with survival games there will be equal numbers playing both parts. its only fair for both parties :)

4. 10sec

10sec
    Hello, DareMe!

As a player who has been around for nearly 6 years now, I came to share some thoughts regarding your thread.

Firstly, Survival Games is one of the most played minigames on MCCentral, and therefore, decisions must be carefully planned and rightfully executed, otherwise it may harm the player-base. In my honest and humble opinion, teaming in survival games based on the current system seem to be a fair decision; 3 players maximum ensures that 4 different teams of 3 can be created and that seems balanced for me. A maximum of 5 players in a team would be too much, as if there were 2 teams of 5 in a match, basically two players would be left alone/a team of 2 against a team of 5 would be basically impossible to win when in combat. Last but not least, the idea of separating the two servers as it used to be in the past, is, as I see it, very unlikely to happen again, as it has been removed (as you mentioned) due to the fact that players were not joining the 'Team SG' any longer.

As a final remark, I believe that the current system is fair and should be kept as it is. However, respect your other points and congratulate you on coming forward and sharing your views!

Have a lovely day!

Minninq and DareMe like this.
  5. DareMe

DareMe
    i completely agree that it does make it 'fair' but its been hard to team several have been ban and considering no one had much of a problem with the teaming back then as much as its a issue now. so if anything now is the right time to make a solo and regular

6. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Teaming may be fun, but there should also be a limit. Before a limit was implemented, teams of 8-12 were not uncommon, and I'm certain no one can survive a 12v1. Even with the way the server works right now, a team of 3 with leather/gold armour can take out one full iron player, which is pretty unfair to the person who got lucky and just happened to encounter a team.

People come and people go; I have been playing since 2015 because I enjoy the gamemodes on MCC and I like that a lot of suggestions come from the community. It makes the game feel more personalized and enjoyable. Some people don't like MCC for those or other reasons, and that's okay. With the way enchants work on SG too, it takes one team to find the god table and seal a win right away, which doesn't sound like fun to me.

I see what you mean here -- people are upset they can't have big teams, so they leave the server. I'm not sure why they can't break up into smaller teams or try out other gamemodes like CTF or TSW where the whole teaming aspect is encouraged as part of the game. Big teams make the game extremely unfair, so I see no point in allowing that to happen. The community voted on the teaming rule and the overwhelming response was a limit of 3, so that was implemented.

See, that's the primary issue here. The SSG/TSG pilot project failed and killed off both modes, so you couldn't play SG no matter what gamemode you tried. I don't think the owners want to invest time into that again when it has already been shown the community is not living for it and doesn't want to play SG as a result.

People may be interested when the gamemodes are just released, but they'll find it boring after a while, as is what happened with SSG and TSG. Unfortunately, people forget about why things were established in the first place (the grass is always greener on the other side) and so you'll end up with a lot of people asking why old SG was changed, why they couldn't keep it the same, etc.

The discussion recently (especially with the upcoming minigames revamp) has been one of making the game more fair and reducing the benefits you get for experience/ranks, such as levels for enchanting tables. In my mind, this blatantly goes against that argument and makes things even more unfair than they can be right now, which is a big problem. People will always leave the gamemode for something else, so the main pull should be towards new players and those who enjoy playing the gamemode still. By changing the teaming rule, we make it so games are essentially run by guilds and parties, and new/regular players will not play anymore. This means SG will die.

Being an OG member doesn't make your input much more valid than anyone else, in my opinion. Different perspectives exist, and it's important to survey all of them before we make or change one rule that's gonna affect everyone on this side of the server. I don't see how it's hard to follow the rules, either; teaming and trucing are two different things, where trucing is a simple "oops I'm not supposed to be here, lemme run away please" and teaming is more "hey, wanna stand here together and share items?"

It's not really a big issue. People break the rules every day, and they should be punished for it. I don't see why we should give the rule-breakers the win this round and let them have bigger teams because they're gonna go about it the wrong way. If this is considered, it needs to be considered from every perspective, including that of someone who has just joined the server and been five-teamed on.

You say it's possible to team up with others and take out a team, which sounds fine on paper. Here's the thing, though: not everyone wants to team, has the same skill level, communication between an established team versus a spontaneous one is very different, and team mechanics vary by size. All these factors make it so there's no reliable way to kill a team if you're on your own, and I don't want to have to beg someone to join me every time I play survival games. I'm sure many other players feel the same way, too.

That decrease is to be expected this time of year. NA players are coming off spring break into finals season, EU players are in the midst of exam season (I think) and AU players are out of the pandemic and free to resume their normal activities. We will hopefully see increased activity over the summer, especially with the planned resets and minigames revamp.

I don't see how the teaming rule has created drama. When I play SG, most of the drama I've seen comes from other sources, some not even related to the game itself. Can you provide some examples of this?

The key here is to implement changes for both sides. Something pleasing for everyone, which doesn't break the game entirely. I feel allowing teams of 5 will do just that, make the game heavily in favour of those who are in SG-oriented guilds and parties, and allow the common player next to no chance at winning. Again, if your friends got punished, they must have broken some rule. I encourage them to appeal if they believe it was false, but changing a whole rule does not help the underlying issue. Perhaps since the issue was shot down multiple times (as you mentioned in your post), maybe the admins agree with me that this is not the best idea?​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Overall, I can't see this happening anytime soon, for all the reasons I mentioned above. Thank you for the detailed and well-written post, but I am -1 on the idea. Have a nice day.​

kuieren and Vervain like this.
  7. Minninq

Minninq
    Hey there,

Thanks for taking your time to try and make a suggestion to MCC I always enjoy seeing opinions on MCC however I'm going to have to disagree with your opinion on how this rule change could affect MCC for the better. The issue with adding teams of up to 5 would make it impossible for 1 player who doesn't team with anyone making it impossible if you have no friends online at the time. At least with the way it is set up at the moment is it's still possible to win a 3v1 it may be hard but it's possible. In regards to the other idea of adding another minigame known as "Team SG" and last time it failed but your argument was that not very many people we're requesting a "Team SG" mode this is false though because many people we're pushing for a Team SG minigame but it still ended up not working out so I would have to -1 on the Team SG idea. Have a great day - Minninq​

Vervain likes this.
  8. DareMe

DareMe
    If sg plans to change that much in revamp i will be finding another server along with many others there are reasons why i play here and if my levels wont matter im done lol ive seen your responses but your a small precent of people who disagree ive talked to MANY survival games players and they agree with this. Rather than randoms. Again no one responded to the fact ANYONE COULD TEAM WITH ANYONE TO TAKE DOWN LARGE TEAMS. Ctf sucks now because people just sit around and do nothing suggesting me to play ctf that game is completely different what you all arent seeming to understand how hard it is to ban and yes friends and many are being ban over this rule and as someone whos been around since lava craft i dont wish it to fail and i even miss older sg. If it plans to change a lot me and several people. In the last week or two the numbers for sg have gone down extremely. Its unfortunate because you do not see the changes this rule is making and there are greater ammounts of people who are having issues with it. Rather than asking forum people or people who play other mini games why not ask the literal surival game players rather than randoms.i dont care to have 12 teams or winning its literally the fun that went into it now ive had friends who team with others then may be teamed with others and i find out what the f am i suppose to do i cant run away or kill them yall need to work on mcc for the better. And keeping the rule is going to loose players. Mini games is dead. And this sht needs to be fixed.

9. DareMe

DareMe
    Its not the winning im concerned about its the fact its really hard to tell if some are teaming or not leads to unfair punishments that should not be even put in place and just because some people suck doesnt mean its not easy to take down a 5 team like u said 12 teams are rare so why tf complain what is there for you to complain about.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.