Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

MC Central: The Disappointing Reality...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lieger, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Lieger

I put a good amount of time into this video so I would appreciate it if you guys would drop a like, let me know in the comments under my video if you agree, disagree or simply want to just add on to something I said or bring up a point I didn't mention.

2. Twizsoul

Twizsoul
    Good shit. They ain't ready for this one.

Lieger, Pxrge and Flarinbeast like this.
  3. Flarinbeast

Keep up the good work bro and I genuinely enjoyed sitting through and watching this whole video.

Pxrge and Lieger like this.
  4. EncyclopediaN

EncyclopediaN
    Honest and unbiased, you addressed the most important topics/problems which concern the server. I agree with your views on the server and I sincerely enjoyed watching it. But what I liked most is knowing that you did your research, hence the 24 minute video, and the fact that you care enough about the server to actually make and publish the video. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to watching more of your videos.

Have a happy rest of the day!

5. __dragonslayer

good video. watched all of it

Flarinbeast and Lieger like this.
  6. Lieger

Appreciate that :)

Pxrge likes this.
  7. Lieger

I appreciate that a lot, I for sure tried to use as much info as i could to back stuff up

Pxrge and EncyclopediaN like this.
  8. Lxvely

Lxvely
    So I skimmed through the bits of your videos I was interested in, and I mostly watched the sections about the staff. I too have had some very frustrating incidences of reports getting denied that clearly showed cheating/hacking. And while that is frustrating, it is up to the staff member's discretion on whether or not the evidence is sufficient. When I have a report get denied I usually will message that staff member and ask for the specific reasons that they denied it and I have found that that can often make me feel a little less frustrated with it.

Also, MCCentral is a side-gig for the owners. They have other jobs and have a life outside of running this server. I feel that they are doing the best they can to vet and hire staff members as well as provide updates, perks, and other things to make the game more enjoyable without it becoming just a money-sucking-joyless pit of a game for them to run.

Have a lovely day! :)

Lieger likes this.
  9. Horace_Altman

Horace_Altman
    Haha, not correct. Alex works full time on this server. Check your facts

10. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Haha, incorrect. People have lives outside of minecraft.

#10 Lxvely, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  11. MasterChheda

MasterChheda
    I watched the entire thing and it was actually very good quality content. I wasn't bored and you kept me engaged. Hope to see you get more subs. EDIT: Spongebob part was my favorite part. I love Spongebob.

In a part of the video, you mentioned that the higher-ups aren't doing much for updates and concerns regarding the server. You followed this by saying that it is mainly the Owners, and I just want to reiterate that that is true. I can confidently say that the Admin Team has tried for years to suggest and push updates, but as you said in the video, it depends on the Owners. A lot of the criticism staff get for failing to push updates isn't fair. This isn't directed towards you; this is just meant as a general point.

As for the end with the alleged stuff, I don't know about the alleged proof and stuff to comment on it, but the only thing I can really say (which sounds messed up but understand where I'm coming from) is what can the staff team really do about it. No rules (as far as I know) were broken that mandate any punishments, and the two people chose to interact with each other. Is it wrong, yes. I'm not saying it's right. But this seems more of something off the server (more personal) than something that can effectively be handled by a minecraft staff team. I understand closing the thread for drama is wrong, but staff were just trying to prevent rumors and such from spreading about people. Again, I'm sure this seems wrong about what I'm saying, but I really don't think there is anything staff could've done that would've been effective in this type of situation. This is just my opinion.

Anyways I don't dislike MCC or the staff team. I guess at the end of the day for me, I'm just frustrated with the lack of updates, but there is nothing I can do. It's a problem out of my control, so I just try to play with the cards that have been dealt.

He's frustrated when evidence is clearly sufficient but the report is still denied.

This happens from time to time as people make mistakes and reports flood in. It's not fair that cheaters get away with hacking because staff quickly look through or fail to immediately point out cheats, but I hope you can at least understand from their perspective when there are pages upon pages of reports that must be dealt with as fast as possible to ensure everyone has a better experience. These kinds of mistakes happen rarely from my experience.

Uh I didn't re-read anything, so if anything looks incorrect or I incorrectly worded something, my apologies.

Hi noob :D

Flarinbeast, Lieger and EncyclopediaN like this.
  12. Departition_

nice video big man

Flarinbeast and Lieger like this.
  13. Beams

Beams
    Enjoyed watching this extremely detailed and impartial video on MCCentral.
    As for the server updates, we've heard time and time again that a minigame revamp would be due and that the staff team (barring the owners) have been actively pushing for updates over the years and the owners have remained mute the entire time. It's crazy and extremely disappointing to think how a server of MCCentral's size could just neglect a large minigame community.
    However, MCCentral isn't a democracy, it's a business, and in my opinion the owners are using the little resources they have to focus on sub-servers where an extremely large portion of their profits lie (factions, prison, skyblock). This is not fair and I do not agree with it but the staff and the players' hands are tied on this issue and the endless posts/videos trying to suggest solutions/updates are never acted on. This has been going on for years and has contributed greatly to the already diminishing minigame community and a big part of the reason I stopped playing minigames altogether. Nothing changes, vote with your pocket and presence and leave.

Lieger likes this.
  14. forgranted

inhabited
    The video is great and you went into just enough detail that I understood the situation, but not to much where it bored me. Kudos to you for that. Unfortunately, despite everyone agreeing with you, and everything you brought up is a legitimate concern, the owners will most likely not do anything about it. Unfortunate to say, but it’s most likely true.

15. Lieger

oh 100% they wont do anything, im not expecting this to change anything, i just wanted to put all of the issues into perspective

forgranted likes this.
  16. YouGetMeSoHigh

nontraditional
    uhh, not true, as @Horace_Altman said this is totally incorrect, don't just go making up random facts to try to win an argument on forums

Pxrge, Flarinbeast and Lieger like this.
  17. Lxvely

Lxvely
    I'm sorry you disagree with me enough to be disrespectful, but that's on you.

I did not go making up anything. As I said before, people have lives and jobs outside of minecraft, Alex included. I'm sorry that you seem to have it out for me every time you interact with me.

Have a lovely day!

18. forgranted

inhabited
    you did that perfectly. just unfortunate they wont do shit about it

Lieger likes this.
  19. Lieger

no this is literally how he makes his living, like this is actually what he does as a job

YouGetMeSoHigh and Flarinbeast like this.
  20. Lxvely

Lxvely
    I understand that, but even as a job people can't devote 100% of their time to minecraft. Apologies if I made an error in what I said before, but don't we all :)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.