Making The Void In MiniGames Deeper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smashhhh, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    Scenario
    You threw a pearl as you were falling into the void. You threw it a little late as you sunk into the darkness, BUT you nailed the pearl anyways. You know you did and your teammates watched as your pearl landed on the other side of the map. However you had already hit the void and died before the pearl landed. And then you get salty because you feel cheated out of surviving.

This is a situation that happens often in CakeWars and not quite as often in Skywars, but it still happens from time to time.

Solution
    A pretty easy fix to this would be make the void deeper. Or what would be easier to do, is raise the islands and the max height about 10 blocks.

Now I understand that there are Many, Many things that need taken care of before this could be implemented, however it would be nice to have this added to the list.

What do you think? Have you experienced this? Thoughts, comments and questions are welcome.

-Smashhhh

Hiperfast, Logandatogan and BrysonOA like this.
  2. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    I would love to see this changed. I've died an incredible amount of times solely because of how close the void is to the islands

Smashhhh likes this.
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hi. i’ve never really ran into this problem since i don’t do this with enderpearls; however i can see that being a pain to deal with. adding this would be a nice addition to the server, and of course you could just not do this intentionally. im not quite sure if this would get implemented.. but..
    eh. overall, it’s a +1 from me.

~puposaurus

Smashhhh and InsaneIsMyName like this.
  4. Joshy

First off, this happens all the time to me. I would very much like it if the void was deeper, so that you would take damage, and then die. Easy +1 from me

5. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey joshy! i can see where you’re coming from about taking damage in voids; however i don’t agree with this idea, especially in cakewars. a scenario where this would be super bad is that your base is getting raided and you have space swords n’ whatever in echest. you can easily get back to killing the players who are about to destroy your cake before they can get to it. they push you and another teammate into the void, the few seconds it takes to die from void damage + the wait time from when you die can give the team more time to destroy the cake, giving you less time to defend you cake” this scenerio could be beneficial if you were the team wanting to destroy the cake, but what im trying to get at is that the extra seconds that you have to deal with from void damage could play a factor in your gameplay of the game n’ such... or something like that :/

6. Hey!

I agree to this suggestion. A lot of the time I would peal to another island that is far from where I dropped/ got him down but the pearl wouldn't reach there before I would die due to the void. I think that the void should be moved down around 20 blocks.

Suggestion Agreed!

Smashhhh likes this.
  7. Poclam

Poclam
    This is just part of the game to me, if you don't throw your pearl quick enough you shouldn't live, it adds more challenge if the time you have to throw the pearl is shorter.

Swinger likes this.
  8. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    I can't speak for CakeWars, but I know there are skywars maps where you can throw an epearl before you even leave an island, possibly jump off said island, and still die to the void before your pearl reaches say another island or mid. It's not a matter of how quick you throw your pearl sometimes.

9. BrysonOA

This sounds like a great idea to me. I don't play much of Skywars of Cakewars, but this has happened to me a couple times. Would love to see it implemented.

10. Swinger

Swinger
    I'm with Poclam here. The void is part of the game, and being able to selectively enderpearl to safe islands when falling is a skill people should have to learn. I also can't think of a single map where you would die to the void when jumping off your island and enderpearling to the middle/other islands unless your enderpearling to an island a long way across the map (something you should avoid anyway).

11. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    But in the end. Would it hurt you, personally, to have an extra 10-20 blocks of void? Or is there a real detriment towards having it lengthened?

It’s really more intended to make a certain percentage of players lives easier who put a lot of importance towards ender pearling in unique situations.

-smashhhh

#11 Smashhhh, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    InsaneIsMyName likes this.
  12. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello there,

This would be such a great addition as it happens to me very often when you try and clutch pearl in Skywars put then you die to the void before the pearl lands. However, there will need to be a high consideration to the fact that people could use water and build a small island underneath the map near the very bottom.

Thanks, Olli​

Smashhhh likes this.
  13. Jdow

Jdow
    This would be super simple to add and something that I don't think anyone would be against and certainly benefit the experience of players. Also, I don't see this being a big issue but to stop players from building down and camping at the very bottom of the map they could simply make it so you cannot place blocks under a certain Y level. Either way, I'd love to see this added. +1

Smashhhh likes this.
  14. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Yes that would solve that issue Jdow, nice response :)

Thanks, Olli​

15. Logandatogan

Yes I totally agree. In many of my Skywars games I’ve found myself nailing the pearl clutch but dying from the void (especially because of how easy it is to find pearls).

Smashhhh likes this.
  16. Yeho

Yehooo
    While I'm completely on your side, I'm trying to be neutral here. Adding this feature will definitely change the gameplay, but not break it, perhaps.

These 10 blocks can be super useful, but at the same time, adding them would kind of remove the whole point of timing your ender pearls. Great suggestion, but it's a win-lose situation.

Smashhhh likes this.
  17. Hiperfast

Hiperfast
    This is a very interesting and awesome idea. It happens to me sometimes. But I like the Minigames like they are now because you need to time the ender pearls. With this idea you could get a better Gameplay.

18. Maffy1230

CONOTUR
    Hey Smashhhh,

I agree 100%. There would be no down side to this change and its hard to abuse. Seeing this in game would be very pleasing! Good luck and thanks!

~Maffy

19. Akhu

Hey Smashhhh thanks for posting this!

It depends if the owner wants this to be a part of the game where the void is purposely shallow so it forces u to ender-pearl quicker,
    There had been many times were i knew i nailed that ender-pearl but i fell into the void already, but the thing is after these incidents it forced me to be quicker and to e pearl faster, so im of the opinion that it should stay the same :)

Thanks!

20. Plsyes

Truthfullys
    Tbh I used to think about this a lot before. It used to be extremely annoying because you didn’t have enough time to pearl. However.. when you play the game more you will get better at pearling and there is no need for a deeper void. If it by any chance would be added to any mini games it should only be skywars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.