Make mute evading IP mute instead of IP ban

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Skin_, Mar 30, 2021.

?

Should mute evading be changed to IP-mute instead of IP-ban?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2021.
  1. Yes

70.8%
  2. No

29.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumahKITPVP

somewhatchillguy
    Wait, evidence can only be 2 weeks old?

2. Nikki_

Nikki_
    To be honest, it doesn't seem like you understand how mute evading works.

As I explained in my reply, I used chat flooding as an example. To get IP banned for mute evading, you must have 3 accounts on your IP muted at once. Assuming all three mutes are chat flooding, you clearly would not have learnt your lesson the first time, or the second, or the third. As well as this, many staff explain the rule in their appeal if they deny it, so you would also be given the chance then.

With regards to this, you example saying someone was banned for client modification 5 1/2 months ago gets banned for account grinding is not correct. The first offence for client modification severity 3 is only one month, second offence is two months, and third offence is permanent. Unless the severity three client modification ban was their third offence, they would have been unbanned by 5 and 1/2 months time, meaning the account grinding ban would not get them IP banned. If it WAS a permanent ban, (third offence) then they would have to wait 6 months to appeal that anyways. In this case the IP would end up getting banned, so they would need to wait an extra 6 months to appeal that. This is more than fair, given that if it was their third offence they should have learnt their lesson.

About the second part, we do have guidelines on how recent evidence has to be, so if it takes more than 2 weeks for the player's alt account to get banned, then the evidence would no longer be valid. Further, even if they did strategically wait until their alt got banned to report (assuming it took less than 2 weeks) they did still break the rules and would still deserve to get banned.

Anyways given that there seems to be nothing else to bring up I've locked the thread :)
    -Nikki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.